Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Old 06-06-2020, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm from kaplan and SIM kids love to look down on us. the chain never ends. stop being butthurt. local uni are just salty over ivy league, sim will always have inferiority complex against local u.

just focus on yourself.
Yup, just focus on yourself guys.

Pathetic keyboard warriors here coming up with their own hash tags, I mean come on bruh...

Let's not waste our time on these local uni good-for-nothing(s), we are better than this

Old 06-06-2020, 02:52 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
i'm from kaplan and SIM kids love to look down on us. the chain never ends. stop being butthurt. local uni are just salty over ivy league, sim will always have inferiority complex against local u.

just focus on yourself.
That's rubbish. Just like SIM and Kaplan students. When you dispose something into the trash, who cares about the pecking order. Trash is trash. Rubbish is rubbish. No value. There's no hierarchy between SIM and Kaplan. They are all equally bad. I mean, the entry requirements are the same. Just make sure you can afford the tuition fees.

Old 06-06-2020, 02:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
That's rubbish. Just like SIM and Kaplan students. When you dispose something into the trash, who cares about the pecking order. Trash is trash. Rubbish is rubbish. No value. There's no hierarchy between SIM and Kaplan. They are all equally bad. I mean, the entry requirements are the same. Just make sure you can afford the tuition fees.
Ok uncle. It’s so late past your sleep time alr go sleep

Why so obsessed with SIM or Kaplan?

Legit living in your heads rent free HAHAHA 😂

Old 06-06-2020, 03:28 AM
Unregistered

SIM-UOL Alumni here.

FCH & passed all three levels of CFA tgt with CAIA on the first try. Currently working at a global asset manager (think Aberdeen, Schroders etc).

These “local uni glory hunters” are probably just frustrated because honestly, no one actually cares where you get your degree from (except for certain Govt roles / FO banking / MBB — “prestige” purposes)

Even so, the aforementioned roles are highly competitive and only take in a few candidates from local uni (excl. Govt sector). As long as you are willing to put in the work (i.e obtain relevant exp/professional certifications etc), you will get there eventually.

Cut out the noise.

Ignore the pathetic trolls here who clearly have nothing better to do than to hug their local uni degree diploma to sleep.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
SIM-UOL Alumni here.

FCH & passed all three levels of CFA tgt with CAIA on the first try. Currently working at a global asset manager (think Aberdeen, Schroders etc).

These “local uni glory hunters” are probably just frustrated because honestly, no one actually cares where you get your degree from (except for certain Govt roles / FO banking / MBB — “prestige” purposes)

Even so, the aforementioned roles are highly competitive and only take in a few candidates from local uni (excl. Govt sector). As long as you are willing to put in the work (i.e obtain relevant exp/professional certifications etc), you will get there eventually.

Cut out the noise.

Ignore the pathetic trolls here who clearly have nothing better to do than to hug their local uni degree diploma to sleep.

Exactly, just like what this guy mentioned, work hard get your soft and hard skills right, once you get through the gatekeeper and secure an interview it is all fair game afterwards.

Salary wise if you would like to compare to local uni, from what i seeing. Top local uni student> top SIM student(not those that went for auditing of course) > above average local uni student > average local uni student > above average SIM student

Just like SIM there are local uni students that does not seem as good as you hope them to be to the point that i would say they are incompetent , i have encountered multiple, usually from FASS, Science and soft engineering courses.

Bottom line, this is your last chance, if you think you are a decent person with a decent IQ that deserves something other than being average, you have to put in all the hardwork now and breakout of it.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Would just like to point out that yes, even though most private unis have lax entry requirements, some degrees (esp UOL) are extremely challenging.

You’d be surprised to find out how many UOL students actually switch to another degree programme / give up / take more than 4 years to obtain their degree. Some of them are from top JCs (HCJC, NJC etc) and poly courses (IB, Aerospace, Biomedical etc) btw.

Laugh all you want, but the EMFSS programmes at UOL receive academic direction directly from the LSE and has certain academic rigour to it. Meaning to say, the content is set/regulated by the LSE & the examinations are set, marked and ‘moderated’ by the LSE.

Little known fact, SIM-UOL and LSE/UCL etc (Top UOL member institutions) actually offer 2 fully-funded Masters scholarships to SIM-UOL students every single year.

And no, it is not a scholarship for a UOL Masters accredited course (even though these schemes are available). These are programmes awarded directly by the member institutions (ie LSE/UCL) themselves.

I also know a SIM-UOL grad who scored straight As & is currently doing her graduate degree at Cambridge. Feel free to run a simple LinkedIn search to verify all the above.

Private uni students/grads, let’s prove our worth through actions, not words 👍🏻😄

Old 06-06-2020, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Would just like to point out that yes, even though most private unis have lax entry requirements, some degrees (esp UOL) are extremely challenging.

You’d be surprised to find out how many UOL students actually switch to another degree programme / give up / take more than 4 years to obtain their degree. Some of them are from top JCs (HCJC, NJC etc) and poly courses (IB, Aerospace, Biomedical etc) btw.

Laugh all you want, but the EMFSS programmes at UOL receive academic direction directly from the LSE and has certain academic rigour to it. Meaning to say, the content is set/regulated by the LSE & the examinations are set, marked and ‘moderated’ by the LSE.

Little known fact, SIM-UOL and LSE/UCL etc (Top UOL member institutions) actually offer 2 fully-funded Masters scholarships to SIM-UOL students every single year.

And no, it is not a scholarship for a UOL Masters accredited course (even though these schemes are available). These are programmes awarded directly by the member institutions (ie LSE/UCL) themselves.

I also know a SIM-UOL grad who scored straight As & is currently doing her graduate degree at Cambridge. Feel free to run a simple LinkedIn search to verify all the above.

Private uni students/grads, let’s prove our worth through actions, not words 👍🏻😄
Dude you are a joke still trying to sell the UOL brand name as "challenging", i am a FCH UOL grad and believe me it is just grinding. My group of friends mostly got FCH with 1 in 2nd upper, we all agree that if we were in a local uni, we would not be able to secure FCH.

It is just a second chance and wake up call for those that didnt do well for A level/Diploma, stop trying to sell it as " extremely challenging ", what is challenging is CFA, this is defintely not as challenging as CFA from my personal experience.

You are one of those UOL students that i despise, you need to be realistic, if you were given a chance to do biz/econs at NUS, would you choose UOL over them? The only reason i choose UOL would be that it is easier to secure FCH here compared to local uni.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dude you are a joke still trying to sell the UOL brand name as "challenging", i am a FCH UOL grad and believe me it is just grinding. My group of friends mostly got FCH with 1 in 2nd upper, we all agree that if we were in a local uni, we would not be able to secure FCH.

It is just a second chance and wake up call for those that didnt do well for A level/Diploma, stop trying to sell it as " extremely challenging ", what is challenging is CFA, this is defintely not as challenging as CFA from my personal experience.

You are one of those UOL students that i despise, you need to be realistic, if you were given a chance to do biz/econs at NUS, would you choose UOL over them? The only reason i choose UOL would be that it is easier to secure FCH here compared to local uni.
No one is saying it is as challenging as local uni.

As you mentioned, it’s grinding. If a degree is “worthless”, you shouldn’t even need to work that hard.

I am one of the UOL students you despise? Bro... you’re not the only FCH UOL here. Am a SIM-UOL Academic & Leadership Excellence scholar with M&A & mgmt consulting exp under my belt.

Joining Big Tech next month doing BD/Strat earning 6k+ base straight out of uni excl. stock compensation plan & sign-on bonus. So go figure,. I think know what I’m talking about.

Btw, even local uni biz/finance courses aren’t as rigorous as the three levels of CFA. No one here said that UOL is harder than CFA, take a chill pill.

Oh and if you chose UOL when u can enter local uni biz/econs because you think you can secure FCH easily here, you are either lying or you are just plain stupid.

Are you even from UOL lmao
Old 06-06-2020, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Cool

So many insecure SIM jokers standby over here to protect their faltering defences. I saw someone here claiming that SIM > NUS FASS. You really think a SIM UOL Economics and Finance major is superior to an equivalent major from FASS??? I think you need to wake up your idea and start looking for jobs instead of lurking around here, replying to your own posts to make yourself feel siong. The hard truth is, SIM students are trash. They are local uni rejects who had too much fun in school, neglecting their studies, hence the poor poly GPA and unsuccessful non academic portfolio that cannot even qualify for aptitude based-discretionary entry in local universities. Such low lives deserves low salary for life!
Old 06-06-2020, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
So many insecure SIM jokers standby over here to protect their faltering defences. I saw someone here claiming that SIM > NUS FASS. You really think a SIM UOL Economics and Finance major is superior to an equivalent major from FASS??? I think you need to wake up your idea and start looking for jobs instead of lurking around here, replying to your own posts to make yourself feel siong. The hard truth is, SIM students are trash. They are local uni rejects who had too much fun in school, neglecting their studies, hence the poor poly GPA and unsuccessful non academic portfolio that cannot even qualify for aptitude based-discretionary entry in local universities. Such low lives deserves low salary for life!
You’re right to feel threatened and angry. Because the fact is, there are a handful of UOL students doing extremely well.

It’s not our fault you can’t face the truth. As someone here has mentioned, do a simple search on LinkedIn.