Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Old 31-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've read most of the discussions on this thread as I am a highly anxious prospective SIM UOL student who is most uncertain about the outcome of his future.It goes without saying that local university students indeed are more superior than those studying in private institutions and let's face it if all of us were given a chance to choose any university of our predilection then almost all of us who have commented on this thread including those from private institutions would choose a local U over a private one.
Thank you for getting straight to the point in your first paragraph.

"It goes without saying that local university students indeed are more superior than those studying in private institutions"

Hope it's clear to all now. That's how life is. Not everything is equal. Even when you go to the hawker centre, you buy the bak chor mee from the popular stall and you're willing to pay $5 for it. If it's an unknown stall, maybe you only want to pay $3. Sometimes the $3 bak chor mee is nice, you found a gem. Most of the time it isn't.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 31-07-2015, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Is it superiority you're concerned with? To be the best? well since you might have gotten into a local U doesn't make you the best because there will always be someone standing on top of another. Life just works that way.

Old 31-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Nobody is perfect, that's true.

But one thing you (and everyone else, including myself) should keep in mind is that your delivery affects the clarity of your post. If you are unable to succinctly and lucidly convey your points, your "wonderful" points will not get across to the readers. So I doubt you should blame us if we are appalled, and are unable to understand what it is that you're trying to drive across.
Haven't I repeatedly pointed out that if a SIM UOL graduate wants to be comparable to a "good" graduate from a local U,he or she should attain a FCH.

I'm appealing not to you,not to those graduates who have graduated but rather to those anxious prospective students who need answers.Is this a good move? Do I have to restrict myself from advancing on what might be my only option? I'm perplexed by this entire thread and so I want some advice to contemplate other more worthwhile alternatives before its too late. There have been abundance speculation here enough to convince one that he or she might be making a wrong move.So then what's the solution?

I've pointed out one of the solutions which is to work for a FHC and with some work experience and admissions into an Good University for a masters program,Life should be well.

I did showcase a simple theory between admissions of a third class graduate from a local U and a first class from SIM-UOL.People just can't go around saying ridiculous things about how a graduate of any class from a local U is greater than a graduate from a private university.

I'm not posing any questions for people to answer them.All I'm doing is laying out my opinions and trying to articulate the bigger picture of things than to dwell into smaller irrelevant aspects.

So am I right to believe what I have perceived till date? Or have I been misled ?

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 31-07-2015, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Ok, so you are deliberately making yourself verbose in order to what? Show off the point that prospective SIM people cannot write well?

you already know that there is a vast difference between SIM and the local universities.

you imagine yourself getting FCH and then going on to take Masters in LSE in order to compensate.

have you really considered what getting a Master degree would mean? Do you know the difference between MSc and MBA? Taught Masters and Research Masters?

Even if we revert to your simple model of Masters versus a 4 yr local uni honours degree, do you know that a good local uni grad is capable of getting into phd directly without Masters?
Old 31-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Ok, so you are deliberately making yourself verbose in order to what? Show off the point that prospective SIM people cannot write well?

you already know that there is a vast difference between SIM and the local universities.

you imagine yourself getting FCH and then going on to take Masters in LSE in order to compensate.

have you really considered what getting a Master degree would mean? Do you know the difference between MSc and MBA? Taught Masters and Research Masters?

Even if we revert to your simple model of Masters versus a 4 yr local uni honours degree, do you know that a good local uni grad is capable of getting into phd directly without Masters?

Who cares if a Good local graduate from a local U progress to a PhD? I surely don't care,do you? I'm just saying that if a university like LSE accepts a FCH graduate from SIM UOL into their program,it goes to show it is of some standard.The entry requirements for such a university will probably be nothing less than a second upper so local grads who have anything lower will probably not be accepted and the same goes for SIM UOL grads.But according to speculations,isn't it easier to attain a FCH from a SIM UOL program than a local U? If that is true then all prospective SIM UOL students at this point have to just work for a FCH and progress higher and hope for the best.

Are you a local university grad btw?
Old 31-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Who cares if a Good local graduate from a local U progress to a PhD? I surely don't care,do you? I'm just saying that if a university like LSE accepts a FCH graduate from SIM UOL into their program,it goes to show it is of some standard.The entry requirements for such a university will probably be nothing less than a second upper so local grads who have anything lower will probably not be accepted and the same goes for SIM UOL grads.But according to speculations,isn't it easier to attain a FCH from a SIM UOL program than a local U? If that is true then all prospective SIM UOL students at this point have to just work for a FCH and progress higher and hope for the best.

Are you a local university grad btw?
Hahaha, ok this is funny.

Let me ask you, the prospective SIM UOL wannabe, a 20 mark question:

What is the difference between LSE and SIM UOL?

Now think very carefully before you answer because you now cannot pass off an out-of-point answer as some "act smart" watever.

Your answer (if correct) will answer your question.

Old 31-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hahaha, ok this is funny.

Let me ask you, the prospective SIM UOL wannabe, a 20 mark question:

What is the difference between LSE and SIM UOL?

Now think very carefully before you answer because you now cannot pass off an out-of-point answer as some "act smart" watever.

Your answer (if correct) will answer your question.
I acknowledge the difference you're trying to prove between a LSE and SIM UOL but I would like to highlight I'm not comparing the 2 universities in anyway.You can never compare a DL with an on campus program.It's not about comparison here I'm just passing a message to other students from SIM UOL to take things as they come,study hard and pass out with a FCH so later on they can keep their options wide open.

I want you to answer something nowo you think it is possible for a FCH from SIM UOL to gain admissions into LSE or even a local University for their masters programs?

If you say No then the whole purpose of this discussion is pointless.

And please don't judge other SIM students based on the skills I have.If I cannot write well then be it but it doesn't have to mean other people can't.
Old 31-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Still confused what this long winded SIM grad is trying to demonstrate.... Seems to be randomly tossing out words from a Thesaurus
Old 31-07-2015, 09:15 PM

Goldmansachs is on a distinguished road

Relax leh. Why so serious
Old 31-07-2015, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I acknowledge the difference you're trying to prove between a LSE and SIM UOL but I would like to highlight I'm not comparing the 2 universities in anyway.You can never compare a DL with an on campus program.It's not about comparison here I'm just passing a message to other students from SIM UOL to take things as they come,study hard and pass out with a FCH so later on they can keep their options wide open.

I want you to answer something nowo you think it is possible for a FCH from SIM UOL to gain admissions into LSE or even a local University for their masters programs?

If you say No then the whole purpose of this discussion is pointless.

And please don't judge other SIM students based on the skills I have.If I cannot write well then be it but it doesn't have to mean other people can't.
Encouraging others to study hard and get good grades to keep career options open is advice so generic that it is applicable to everyone of us. If that is all you want to say, you could have summed it up all in 1 sentence instead of going on and on.