SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay - Page 83 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #821 (permalink)  
Old 20-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hello all! I'm currently a fresh graduate and I have some questions regarding Personal Bankers.
May I know what is the minimum requirement to become a Personal Banker?
What banks do you guys recommend joining?
Would it be a good platform, in terms of venturing into the banking industry as a first job?
How's the life of a PB like?

Thanks alot!

Reply With Quote
  #822 (permalink)  
Old 20-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello all! I'm currently a fresh graduate and I have some questions regarding Personal Bankers.
May I know what is the minimum requirement to become a Personal Banker?
What banks do you guys recommend joining?
Would it be a good platform, in terms of venturing into the banking industry as a first job?
How's the life of a PB like?

Thanks alot!
Give a discount to the salary and add a premium to the workload. That's the day to day life of most PBs.

Reply With Quote
  #823 (permalink)  
Old 20-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello all! I'm currently a fresh graduate and I have some questions regarding Personal Bankers.
May I know what is the minimum requirement to become a Personal Banker?
What banks do you guys recommend joining?
Would it be a good platform, in terms of venturing into the banking industry as a first job?
How's the life of a PB like?

Thanks alot!
not mch needed. personal banker is just a sexier name for consumer banking operations. main job is operations/admin related + sales component

for this type of basic level, doesn't really matter which bank, all about the same. anyway high turnover and most dun stay for long. just join then hop when u sian or get another offer.

Reply With Quote
  #824 (permalink)  
Old 20-05-2015, 03:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
not mch needed. personal banker is just a sexier name for consumer banking operations. main job is operations/admin related + sales component

for this type of basic level, doesn't really matter which bank, all about the same. anyway high turnover and most dun stay for long. just join then hop when u sian or get another offer.
I see. Thank you so much for your insights! I have heard from some people that the high sales quota is rather difficult to attain, bank will ask you to leave after not hitting quota for 3 months. However others said that's not true. So contradicting.
Trying to seek more views from the rest.
Reply With Quote
  #825 (permalink)  
Old 20-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I see. Thank you so much for your insights! I have heard from some people that the high sales quota is rather difficult to attain, bank will ask you to leave after not hitting quota for 3 months. However others said that's not true. So contradicting.
Trying to seek more views from the rest.
no value in asking. most sales quota are design that some ppl can get meet some cannot, so asking ard is just gonna get different ppl claiming some easy some hard (which is normal). something is wrong if a bank sales quota everyone claim too easy or too hard.

alot of times depend on ur branch, supervisor, products u assign to sell & luck on type of customer u get. just go in sell as much as u can, if cannot hop to another one. this is the way the game is played.

ur joining as a retail ops sales, not management associate. the way the career & money game is played very different over here.
Reply With Quote
  #826 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Many girls, and maybe one third of them are hot
Heard from others, get to drink coffee even after branch opens, chit chat till lunch, sit in office for few hours, then prepare to go home.
To me, I think is possible only for the exception 20%, who either have connections and hit the target for the month or those just getting by .
Reply With Quote

  #827 (permalink)  
Old 22-05-2015, 09:29 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default dont be disheartened, take the uncharted path

as a UOL grad, the best advice i could ever give, is to not follow the convention that most grads go through, i.e. :

1. study hard
2. get good grades
3. get into a top uni
4. study hard
5. get good grades
6. get into a top bank/big4 firm
7. be a salaried employee for life

prove to the nation what SIM grads are worth, get out of your comfort zone, and take the uncharted path. Build your own (honest) business, grow it, and you will work what you do, keep what you earn.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #828 (permalink)  
Old 22-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
as a UOL grad, the best advice i could ever give, is to not follow the convention that most grads go through, i.e. :

1. study hard
2. get good grades
3. get into a top uni
4. study hard
5. get good grades
6. get into a top bank/big4 firm
7. be a salaried employee for life

prove to the nation what SIM grads are worth, get out of your comfort zone, and take the uncharted path. Build your own (honest) business, grow it, and you will work what you do, keep what you earn.
Sounds like a nice success story, almost like fairy tale. Whatever route one takes, there are bound to be a few success among many failures. After all, it's a personal choice being in entrepreneurship and love the challenges. Employee follow the boss direction while boss set his own direction, that's about what it all matters. Cheers and may all prosper in whatever challenge we face.
Reply With Quote
  #829 (permalink)  
Old 22-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
as a UOL grad, the best advice i could ever give, is to not follow the convention that most grads go through, i.e. :

1. study hard
2. get good grades
3. get into a top uni
4. study hard
5. get good grades
6. get into a top bank/big4 firm
7. be a salaried employee for life

prove to the nation what SIM grads are worth, get out of your comfort zone, and take the uncharted path. Build your own (honest) business, grow it, and you will work what you do, keep what you earn.
seriously if starting your own business is what you want then don't waste time getting a degree. become a real estate agent or insurance agent right after NS for at least a year to hone your selling skills, then start out on your own.
Reply With Quote
  #830 (permalink)  
Old 22-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Many girls, and maybe one third of them are hot
Heard from others, get to drink coffee even after branch opens, chit chat till lunch, sit in office for few hours, then prepare to go home.
To me, I think is possible only for the exception 20%, who either have connections and hit the target for the month or those just getting by .
How is that possible? Why would the bank hire someone just for him/her to slack around and still get paid? Quite nonsense actually. Anyway Personal Banker job always have a high turnover rate.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
sim, starting pay, uol

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starting pay for fresh uni grad with partial acca geeokleiv Income and Jobs 149 27-01-2021 10:41 PM
Starting pay for fresh grad? k3vin Income and Jobs 19 30-03-2018 01:39 AM
Fresh Grad with Masters starting salary in banking Novice Income and Jobs 18 09-02-2016 08:57 PM
Fresh Engineering Grad want to switch to Banking rampa001 Income and Jobs 53 17-09-2011 10:42 AM
Fresh Grad working as software engineer earning 10k/month megasoma Income and Jobs 7 28-07-2011 10:23 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,179 Replies, 903,336 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 7,894 Views
Programming and consullting
7 Replies, 1,226 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,098 Replies, 1,958,478 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,358 Replies, 6,382,004 Views
Cybersecurity Salaries in... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 3,941 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
269 Replies, 53,396 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,495 Replies, 1,445,217 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,764 Replies, 1,097,173 Views
Capgemini tester trainee ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 1,236 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
159 Replies, 36,386 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 94,917 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
224 Replies, 202,025 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
291 Replies, 250,411 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 52,609 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,772 Replies, 1,471,220 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,510 Replies, 354,917 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
791 Replies, 410,534 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
614 Replies, 171,409 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
52 Replies, 29,905 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?...
4 Replies, 245 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,892 Replies, 1,293,017 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,855 Replies, 330,682 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 4,275 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,221 Replies, 3,490,432 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 1,726 Views
How to start a small business ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 3,941 Views
Dillema: University of Melbourne... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 2,048 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
485 Replies, 351,123 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2