Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 07-10-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17010)
hey wth could u not link all the events together? thats not me and if i had rejected the 2.3k job why would i settle for 2.2k.

Kindly read before you answer.

Please lar, most of us here just to tcss, where got time to go & piece together your employment history from so many unregistered post?

Unregistered 13-10-2011 06:01 PM

how much sld we put for expected salary?

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate your advise on how much we sld put for our expected salary? For those with starting salary of $2.8k and above, were you being offered that amt? or that was what you stated on your expected salary?

Unregistered 14-10-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17190)
Hi everyone,

I would appreciate your advise on how much we sld put for our expected salary? For those with starting salary of $2.8k and above, were you being offered that amt? or that was what you stated on your expected salary?

Depends, if engineering job in MNC can go for $3.4k, office job $3.2k and non-banker banking & finance job $4.2k. They will usually slash $200 from what u ask

poorman 14-10-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17209)
Depends, if engineering job in MNC can go for $3.4k, office job $3.2k and non-banker banking & finance job $4.2k. They will usually slash $200 from what u ask

Hi, i think he was asking the starting pay for UOL grads.

Realistically speaking, if you try asking for that you'll never get hired.

For banking & finance job, you're more likely to get in with 2.6-2.8

SME, 2.2-2.4

MNC 2.5-2.8

Anything above 3k is only if you're local grads. otherwise, just have to start lower first..

[email protected] 20-10-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poorman (Post 17214)
Hi, i think he was asking the starting pay for UOL grads.

Realistically speaking, if you try asking for that you'll never get hired.

For banking & finance job, you're more likely to get in with 2.6-2.8

SME, 2.2-2.4

MNC 2.5-2.8

Anything above 3k is only if you're local grads. otherwise, just have to start lower first..

Unfortunately he's right. I was only offered 2.2 :( 2nd lower honours from uol is somehow worse than a 3rd class from the local unis.

cherry 20-10-2011 05:46 PM

i was just offered 2.25k for an accounting position and OTs cannot be encashed but only be transfer to timeoff. Am i being underpaid or is it the standard market rate??? I am uol second lower honours. can anyone enlighten me??

fraser 21-10-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherry (Post 17404)
i was just offered 2.25k for an accounting position and OTs cannot be encashed but only be transfer to timeoff. Am i being underpaid or is it the standard market rate??? I am uol second lower honours. can anyone enlighten me??

This is a common stunt a lot of companies use. They give time-off and say cannot claim OT, but in real life what will happen is you will accumulate a lot of time off hours but never be able to find off-peak period to clear them. So all paper leave, no cash no time off.

Accounting have to close monthly, quarterly, yearly accounts, most don’t even find time to clear their annual leave.

Unregistered 24-10-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 16892)
I used to work as a mortgage loans banker in OCBC.
Basic 2.9k with allowance up till 800.
Once you hit commission, its anywhere from 900 till 5 digits.
Its a sales job tho...

you "used" to work @ OCBC?
Why did you leave?

I asked because i got interview with them as a Business Development Associate next week and I'm contemplating if i should go or not.

i applied for the position and within 3 days they call me for interview.
For me, that sound fishy because if they reply so fast after i applied then it means the turnover rate is very high.

if anyone reading this is working there or have friends who is working there, pls share.

Thank you.

Pepsicola123 25-10-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17527)
you "used" to work @ OCBC?
Why did you leave?

I asked because i got interview with them as a Business Development Associate next week and I'm contemplating if i should go or not.

i applied for the position and within 3 days they call me for interview.
For me, that sound fishy because if they reply so fast after i applied then it means the turnover rate is very high.

if anyone reading this is working there or have friends who is working there, pls share.

Thank you.

Just go there and ask them whatever doubts you have lor, if suitable proceed, not good just say thank you and move on. You sound like ur some hot potato that have so many offers and cannot even spare a trip down to CBD to check out an opportunity.

When starting out, must adopt more open and positive attitude. Pick & choose is a luxury only for very good people.

Unregistered 09-11-2011 01:14 AM

hi people

just wanna check pay range for uol students....

is 2.5k acceptable for a fresh grad uol ....in an mnc....working along the lines of office backend executive support role.....?

anyone can kindly advise...