Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 04-06-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136701)
Why so triggered? It is the truth.

dumb fk will always be dumb fk.

Unregistered 04-06-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136705)
dumb fk will always be dumb fk.

Very true haha. Sigh Pte uni ppl.

Unregistered 04-06-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136711)

:( Don't cry ok bbfa.

Rather than envying us pte uni ppl, why not do something productive so you would feel less threatened by us?

Sigh

Unregistered 04-06-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136711)

shuddup la u. u local u, big fk ah? come out also work for us pte uni who is going be your boss next time round.

too bad.

Unregistered 04-06-2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136713)
shuddup la u. u local u, big fk ah? come out also work for us pte uni who is going be your boss next time round.

too bad.

chill fam.

this kind of local uni students are those who are obviously down in the ditches.

I mean just look at how pathetic they are: seeking for affirmation by "flexing" over the Internet on a private uni forum no less.

This is actually amusing LMAO

Unregistered 04-06-2020 10:27 PM

I'm a local uni student. I hope that your impressions of local U grads are not tainted by that asshole who constantly puts down SIM students.

Don't discriminate against others just because you're in a "better" uni, it just shows what lousy character you have.

Unregistered 04-06-2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136721)
I'm a local uni student. I hope that your impressions of local U grads are not tainted by that asshole who constantly puts down SIM students.

Don't discriminate against others just because you're in a "better" uni, it just shows what lousy character you have.

get off your high horse and sarcasm. we dont need your kind in our thread.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136726)
get off your high horse and sarcasm. we dont need your kind in our thread.

This guy is obviously the local uni troll.

Get a life bro.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 01:10 AM

SIM is at the bottom of the barrel. As simple as that. Not sure what is the fuss about.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136747)
SIM is at the bottom of the barrel. As simple as that. Not sure what is the fuss about.

And not all local uni students are doing better than SIM students. As simple as that. Not sure what the fuss is about either.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136747)

If we are indeed at the bottom of the barrel, why are local uni students lurking this particular thread for an entire week just to make themselves feel better?

Then there's people like you -- commenting on an SIM-UOL forum @ 1+am when it's a Friday. Some local uni grads are really fking funny LOL.

Don't feel so threatened la, go sleep go sleep.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136750)
And not all local uni students are doing better than SIM students. As simple as that. Not sure what the fuss is about either.

Many girls from private uni are offering services on sammyboy. Cannot find job so no choice.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136751)
If we are indeed at the bottom of the barrel, why are local uni students lurking this particular thread for an entire week just to make themselves feel better?

Then there's people like you -- commenting on an SIM-UOL forum @ 1+am when it's a Friday. Some local uni grads are really fking funny LOL.

Don't feel so threatened la, go sleep go sleep.

You really think SIM UOL is heads and shoulders above NUS?

🤣🤣🤣

Unregistered 05-06-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136752)
Many girls from private uni are offering services on sammyboy. Cannot find job so no choice.

Stooping to this I see, local uni students are absolutely pathetic.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136758)

🤣🤣🤣

From the looks of it, it definitely seem like some NUS students are getting riled up — feeling the need to “one up” us over the Internet.

Anyhoo, don’t feel so threatened and insecure la, we will give chance 😁😁

Unregistered 05-06-2020 10:56 AM

Quote:

🤣🤣🤣

Degrees awarded by NUS/NTU/SMU/SUTD will always be a viewed in a brighter light compared to SIM’s distance-learning ones. No one here is disputing that. Beyond the curriculum, the local Us already have the best pick of the cohort as a result of the competitive entry requirement.

But why the toxicity of trolls here? The deliberate belittlement is disgusting.

Either a) they’re not local uni students but are self-hating private uni grads themselves. Because I have not come across peers in my local u cohort sooo inflammatory to private u grads.

Or b) the trolls are really from local u with raging insecurities stemming from experience; probably got ousted by a private u kid during AC or something and realized his second-lower from a local u doesn’t signal intellect.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

🤣🤣🤣

Chill leh why so angry :(

No one is disputing that on average, a local uni grad is 'better' than a private uni grad. However, not all of them are.

Won't delve into the details but just go on LinkedIn and you can find some private uni grads (esp SIM-UOL) doing either extremely well straight out of school (grad programmes in banks, big tech, FMCG etc) or worked their way up eventually (experienced hires).

Just like how doing well for PSLE, O-Levels, A-Levels isn't the be all and end all, local uni doesn't equate to success here on out. Don't be so naive.

Humility guys.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136782)
Degrees awarded by NUS/NTU/SMU/SUTD will always be a viewed in a brighter light compared to SIM’s distance-learning ones. No one here is disputing that. Beyond the curriculum, the local Us already have the best pick of the cohort as a result of the competitive entry requirement.

But why the toxicity of trolls here? The deliberate belittlement is disgusting.

Either a) they’re not local uni students but are self-hating private uni grads themselves. Because I have not come across peers in my local u cohort sooo inflammatory to private u grads.

Or b) the trolls are really from local u with raging insecurities stemming from experience; probably got ousted by a private u kid during AC or something and realized his second-lower from a local u doesn’t signal intellect.

u confirm from SUTD, loser school. don't include it in the big 3 local Us please. We are not associated with your kind.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136794)
u confirm from SUTD, loser school. don't include it in the big 3 local Us please. We are not associated with your kind.

diam leh uncle. don't jerk off to forums 24/7

u in local uni meh? which school want u pls

Unregistered 05-06-2020 12:06 PM

I got a friend from SIM-UOL. He is doing very well now in his career as a professional (managed to skip ranks and promote very quickly), but has a very bad opinion of students from there. If you ask him, he will tell you that the worst/most useless staff in his organisation are from his degree program and not to hire them if possible.

Ironic but true. I think he's just stating his honest views.

Personally I never worked with SIM-UOL grads before so I can't judge.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 12:49 PM

The real insecure ones are private university losers who didn't do well in poly and always quoting the rare one or two successful abnormalities from SIM who claims to be successful or have unverified starting pay over 10k to fuel their insecurities.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136803)
The real insecure ones are private university losers who didn't do well in poly and always quoting the rare one or two successful abnormalities from SIM who claims to be successful or have unverified starting pay over 10k to fuel their insecurities.

okay. quit crying.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Says the insecure one commenting & lurking on our forums 24/7. Pathetic.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136795)
diam leh uncle. don't jerk off to forums 24/7

u in local uni meh? which school want u pls

Like I said, don't sully the local big 3 uni with your sutd kind

Unregistered 05-06-2020 01:42 PM

Aiyah you think local uni fresh grad is better quality y meh.

When the news came out about voyuer NUS ..
My colleagues made a remark don't hire nus fresh grad or else we all have to be careful when we go toilet watch out for camera.

Every uni got their best student and average student and fail student.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136816)
Like I said, don't sully the local big 3 uni with your sutd kind

No one gives a flying fk uncle

Unregistered 05-06-2020 05:05 PM

After circuit breaker. We are going to see a influx of private uni girls advertising and selling themselves on sammyboy forum.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136846)
After circuit breaker. We are going to see a influx of private uni girls advertising and selling themselves on sammyboy forum.

K uncle. I like. How you. Type.

BBFA :(

Unregistered 05-06-2020 05:18 PM

How about Spu?

Unregistered 05-06-2020 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136846)

Want insult at least learn English la tikopek.

Don’t know how to use comma? Don’t know when to use a or an?

You rly quite pathetic leh.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136797)
I got a friend from SIM-UOL. He is doing very well now in his career as a professional (managed to skip ranks and promote very quickly), but has a very bad opinion of students from there. If you ask him, he will tell you that the worst/most useless staff in his organisation are from his degree program and not to hire them if possible.

As a student that was from SIM, i have to agree with you friend, most of them have a certain level of self entitlement despite not having the skillset, eg wanting to go into M&A and command higher than average salary despite not knowing how to build a simple DCF valuation model or securing relevant internships before/post-grad.

The stigma against SIM is real, my friends and I, we were considered lucky, we managed to do a couple of internships(strat, consulting, banks) and subsequently securing roles that are considered generally higher paying than our peers, mid 3s to 5s

Unregistered 05-06-2020 10:05 PM

#SIMlivesmattertoo

Unregistered 05-06-2020 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136883)
#SIMlivesmattertoo

#onceSIMuselessforlife

Unregistered 05-06-2020 11:07 PM

As long as you show grit and determination, people will give you a chance.

Unregistered 05-06-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136892)
#onceSIMuselessforlife

Oxbridge/Ivys > local u/SIM

From our point of view, local u/SIM , i don't see much difference, you people are just not as good as us :)

Unregistered 05-06-2020 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136899)
As long as you show grit and determination, people will give you a chance.

Yes. Chance for private uni girls to open leg. As long as they show Grit & determination to show neh neh and pussy.

sinkingfeeling 05-06-2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136900)
Oxbridge/Ivys > local u/SIM

From our point of view, local u/SIM , i don't see much difference, you people are just not as good as us :)

Cool story bro :(

sinkingfeeling 05-06-2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

It's true, I am the loser :(

sinkingfeeling 05-06-2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136797)

Friend = commenter :(

Can you elaborate on your opinion? :(

Unregistered 05-06-2020 11:53 PM

i\'m from kaplan and SIM kids love to look down on us. the chain never ends. stop being butthurt. local uni are just salty over ivy league, sim will always have inferiority complex against local u.

just focus on yourself.