Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 01-04-2023 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244693)
So many boliao people coming here just to **** on private uni folks. No luck finding a job?

Just cruel. Private uni guys already have so much going against them (they go to SIM after all). No need to kick those who are already down :(

Unregistered 13-04-2023 12:22 AM

I was from UOL SIM

Just one of the successful cases for me to share - I work in an European bank My colleague from another team graduated from SIM UOL course, joined the bank as a contractor and managed to get converted to a perm staff. He is now a relationship manager covering corporates (i.e. front office) doing pretty well. Of course, he is very diligent, lucky (bank did some restructuring of teams/people leaving leading to vacancies etc.), has a "powerful" boss to back him, and also most importantly know how to wayang/angkat bola (of course while being diligent).

To be open here, I also went to SIM-UOL course in 2010 but dropped out after 3 months as I felt that the I will become part of the many people graduating from private degree and will have difficulty securing a decent job in the future. Went to one of the top overseas Aus U in the end (dad spent a few hundred K on my education, thankfully I'm privileged enough to be supported). Ended up in the same position as the UOL guy (who spent like 30+k for a private degree?) I've mentioned above. Oh btw, a lot of my ex UOL classmates also went to top banks (Stan Chart/Barclays/JPM) but started off as contract staffs, but managed to secure perm roles after awhile. Of course again, hard work and persistence counts and also luck helps.

True story here and my 2 cents here.

Good luck

Unregistered 13-04-2023 10:47 AM

Cool story but just a reality check for people.

There's always outliers in every situation. You'll see some kid from India who got a 500k annual job at Google in the US with full sponsored VISA etc.

That doesn't mean any kid from India can do it.

Likewise you hear some Singaporean guy joined Amazon in the US, also earn 500-800k annual with full housing paid for and sponsorship VISA with a guaranteed green card.

Doesn't mean anyone from SG can do it.

If you really wanna make it you need to put in the work, make sacrifices and also be lucky and be in the right place at the right time for things to happen.

Unregistered 13-05-2023 09:14 PM

How's the market rate these days? Got a job offer to work as a financial consultant. The pay is not fixed, but I heard from the hiring manager that the average is around 6k.

Unregistered 14-05-2023 05:59 PM

They just salty that sim drawing better salaries.

Unregistered 19-05-2023 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246088)
Just one of the successful cases for me to share - I work in an European bank My colleague from another team graduated from SIM UOL course, joined the bank as a contractor and managed to get converted to a perm staff. He is now a relationship manager covering corporates (i.e. front office) doing pretty well. Of course, he is very diligent, lucky (bank did some restructuring of teams/people leaving leading to vacancies etc.), has a "powerful" boss to back him, and also most importantly know how to wayang/angkat bola (of course while being diligent).

To be open here, I also went to SIM-UOL course in 2010 but dropped out after 3 months as I felt that the I will become part of the many people graduating from private degree and will have difficulty securing a decent job in the future. Went to one of the top overseas Aus U in the end (dad spent a few hundred K on my education, thankfully I'm privileged enough to be supported). Ended up in the same position as the UOL guy (who spent like 30+k for a private degree?) I've mentioned above. Oh btw, a lot of my ex UOL classmates also went to top banks (Stan Chart/Barclays/JPM) but started off as contract staffs, but managed to secure perm roles after awhile. Of course again, hard work and persistence counts and also luck helps.

True story here and my 2 cents here.

Good luck

Not 30k, 24k, lul.

Unregistered 23-05-2023 03:04 AM

People who **** on others usually have issues of their own. They need to put others down to feel better about their miserable lives.

Private uni peeps just work hard and smart! Y’all will do well de!! Prove the naysayers wrong
Ignore the negativity and let them rot on their own

Unregistered 23-05-2023 09:35 AM

u bump a 4 day old post just to post nonsense?

Unregistered 25-05-2023 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248835)
u bump a 4 day old post just to post nonsense?

Bump Bump Bump

Unregistered 31-07-2023 12:23 PM

just managed to land a 8k pay fresh graduate job in the finance industry. SIM is as good as local uni.