Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 27-10-2022 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233385)
Can anyone share with me the difference between NUS, NTU , SMU, SUTD, SIT

Thank you

They are all local unis, the difference being in reputation and branding. All of them are highly subsidised and has tons of financial assistance from the government, unlike private uni. You only wanna pay taxes to help useful people, not lazy people.

Unregistered 27-10-2022 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233385)
Can anyone share with me the difference between NUS, NTU , SMU, SUTD, SIT

Thank you

National University of Singapore (NUS): Of course one of the top sch in uni and in ASEAN. Subjects such as Comp Sci, Engineering and Social Sciences are top 10 in the world. If can go here NUS you should consider, alot of program for creativity and innovation. can see chiobus and hope you dont appear in news for voyeurism. Find jobs relatively easy.

Nanyang Technological University (NTU): Sibeh far, but hostel for 2 years guaranteed. Top subjects are Condensed Matter Physics, Chemistry, Material Science. If you can go here also just go, also got alot of program and Got chiobus also especially in Nanyang Business School (NBS). Find job also relatively easy.

Singapore Management University (SMU): Good thing is sibeh close to town. Also a lot chiobus usually go club one. Used to follow them back to school from club to ;). This school mainly focus on business, finance and comp sci. Find job also quite easy. But i believed this school is a school of snakes, same as NBS.

Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), name suggested is for tech&design duh. I think only got 5 programs offered: mostly engineering design, design AI etc etc. Find job i feel also quite easy, but will lose out to NUS/NTU unless you got good research thesis or good internships

Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT), a lot of engineering courses like Chem Eng, EEE, and others like Food tech, nursing etc. I would say not bad place as this school is growing every year.

Unregistered 27-10-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233485)
They are all local unis, the difference being in reputation and branding. All of them are highly subsidised and has tons of financial assistance from the government, unlike private uni. You only wanna pay taxes to help useful people, not lazy people.

can u rank each of these unis in terms of branding and reputation then?

NUS, NTU , SMU, SUTD, SIT

Unregistered 27-10-2022 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233562)

cannot ownself do research ? then dont bother with uni.

Unregistered 27-10-2022 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233563)
cannot ownself do research ? then dont bother with uni.

no clear answer lei.. i heard SIT ish lumber huan?

Unregistered 27-10-2022 08:52 PM

Quote:

better to work on your ugly face than to obssess with local uni

Unregistered 27-10-2022 10:14 PM

Quote:

Work on your useless brain if you can't even do your basic research for this kind of question

Unregistered 27-10-2022 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233576)
better to work on your ugly face than to obssess with local uni

At least my face can be worked on compared to chiu is ugly as fug beyond repair don’t cryyy

Unregistered 27-10-2022 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233589)
Work on your useless brain if you can't even do your basic research for this kind of question

At least i can get into a local uni unlike u useless scum of the society can’t even graduate N levels

Unregistered 28-10-2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233596)
At least i can get into a local uni unlike u useless scum of the society can’t even graduate N levels

Thanks I will rate you 10/10 in group project incase you can't find job in the future