Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 26-04-2014 04:07 AM

Hi Guys,

I have been selected for the UOB internship programme.

I am wondering whether there would be a possibility for conversion at the end of it.

://.uobgroup.com/about/careers/graduate_careers/internship.html

Unregistered 27-04-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 50868)
Any idea what are the chances of a fresh uol grad getting into the banking industry? Thanks.

Dude, it's easy to get in. It's more of what role you undertake. Any tom dick can get into uob/DBS/ocbc and do PBA.

jedi 16-05-2014 10:49 PM

Decided to post to help fellow SIM-UOL grads.

Graduated in 2013 with 2nd lower class honours. Banking & Finance. not fantastic results.

First job with UOB. senior officer in operations.
starting salary $3200. plus bonus annual around 45k.

Would say CCA in sch is very important. Plays a big role. Add it on with some relevant work exp.
Try to ace your interview as well.

Unregistered 17-05-2014 03:26 PM

Hi guys,

Maybe I can provide some info too, I grad from SIM-UOL in 2012 with second upper in BnF.
After which I did MO contract for risk management in local bank drawing a miserable 2.3k.. My pay got increased to 2.5k after I change a role but was still on contract basis in another local bank

My friends who grad the same time as me are mostly getting 2.2k to 2.6k in their first year career.

uol 18-05-2014 06:54 PM

Would like to add that many UOL students undercut themselves. If u feel u are worth $3500. Prove it at ur interview and justify it. Ask for it.

Problem with SIM students is that they tend to think lesser of themselves and not dare to negotiate and justify why they deserve it.

This causes a cycle among UOL grads where everyone undervalues themselves even though some are capable.

Anyway my first job at local bank. 3k + , 2nd lower class bnf

Unregistered 19-05-2014 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uol (Post 51535)
Would like to add that many UOL students undercut themselves. If u feel u are worth $3500. Prove it at ur interview and justify it. Ask for it.

Problem with SIM students is that they tend to think lesser of themselves and not dare to negotiate and justify why they deserve it.

This causes a cycle among UOL grads where everyone undervalues themselves even though some are capable.

Anyway my first job at local bank. 3k + , 2nd lower class bnf

SIM banter, so full of it.
You really think SIM should value themselves on par with local grads?
That's just a shameless desperate attempt to claw their way back to a society they wished they belong.

Unregistered 19-05-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedi (Post 51480)

Graduated in 2013 with 2nd lower class honours. Banking & Finance. not fantastic results.

Would say CCA in sch is very important. Plays a big role. Add it on with some relevant work exp.

bullcrap. uob ops SO fixed start at 2.8K 1 year contract.

Unregistered 19-05-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 51560)
bullcrap. uob ops SO fixed start at 2.8K 1 year contract.

I smell ******** as well. Me and my friends from UOL have been finding jobs recently, and we always put our expected salary at 3-3.2k. The employer's response is always similar, 'why do you think you are of equal value of someone that spent 4 years taking a degree while you only took 3'. In the end, we all took a lower salary. FYI, we are not from biz/acct.

Its not about UOL vs local uni. Its about 3-year vs 4 years. Would you expect an employer to take in a person with a 1-year degree and pay them and expect them to know as much as a person who has a 4-year degree? No. Employers are not that stupid.

Unregistered 19-05-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedi (Post 51480)

Yeah, this is probably fake. Anyone would know that university CCA is ******** to the employer. Employer will not hire you over someone else just because you know how to kayak or that you are a good soccer player.

Unregistered 21-05-2014 09:40 AM

I'm the one who posted the bullcrap response. I grad from uol with 2nd upper in bnf. My start was 3 with annual hitting 45k minimum (1 month aws + 2 months guaranteed). I said bullcrap because previously i was in local bank for a mere 2 months, so i know the market rate. But it is still possible to get starting pay of 3k outside local banks. Now uob ocbc dbs are all hiring for contract positions only. needless to say, i'm not in a local bank. while we are here fighting for a high starting salary, there are local uni grads in bulge bracket IBs Back office earning as high as 70K per annum excluding bonuses. we are just pathetic.........................