Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 13-09-2013 11:12 AM

The 21 Rules of the Rich (and how you can emulate them)

21 Rules of the Rich and how to differentiate between the mentally/physically poor and the really rich.

Why the poor wants to emulate the rich but will never attain true riches.

The main difference is that rich people (either from hard work, inheritance, luck) has an action mentality as opposed to poor people who sit all day round and complain

Only poor people with an action mentality get out of being poor while the rest of the poor people complain for the rest of their life that their family, their friends, their government and basically the whole world owes them a living.

Unregistered 21-09-2013 10:16 PM

Education: SIM-UOL Business
Industry: Shipping
Gross: 2600/2800 after 6 months

Unregistered 24-09-2013 10:33 PM

Seriously.. don't believe the ******** about SIM grads not making it into investment banks..

Both my bf and I were from SIM-RMIT one year plus ago.
He graduated with distinction while I barely passed.

I'm in a US investment bank now after job hopping and he joined a swiss private bank as his first job.

Most of my friends are in banking and honestly, I think being a local uni grad only makes a difference when you are cream of the crop. Else, you won't make the cut to the top where it's all rainbows and dollar signs and you will be left with positions that everyone else is left with.

Anyway, it matters less and less as you start to accumulate your experience in the industry.

And for the local grads, please ah. Don't xia suay yourself by yayapapaya to your SIM friends and give sarcastic remarks on SIM grads during your glorious local uni days then later on, come ask your SIM friends for job referrals when you cannot find your job. It's really....

Unregistered 24-09-2013 11:21 PM

Education: UniSIM
Job: Portfolio Analyst
Industry: Hedge Fund Management
Salary: 9.1k
Bonus: 10-14 months

Unregistered 25-09-2013 03:13 AM

uol

Education: Uol econ finance
Job: primary school teacher
Industry: education
Salary: 2.4K
Bonus: 1.5 months

Unregistered 25-09-2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42892)

lol not bad, im still struggling to find a non temp job as an accountant at an mnc with uol accounting and finance. sigh...

Unregistered 25-09-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42892)

huh why so low, i thought nowadays teacher pay at least almost 3k esp for males cos of NS.

Unregistered 25-09-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42894)
huh why so low, i thought nowadays teacher pay at least almost 3k esp for males cos of NS.

Primary school teachers get paid less. Dont have to be that smart to teach primary school lol. Any A-level grad can do it.

Puff 26-09-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42908)
Primary school teachers get paid less. Dont have to be that smart to teach primary school lol. Any A-level grad can do it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought so long you're a graduate, regardless of which level you teach (Pri, Sec, or JC) the pay will be the same?

Unregistered 26-09-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puff (Post 42933)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought so long you're a graduate, regardless of which level you teach (Pri, Sec, or JC) the pay will be the same?

Yes, regardless of what level you teach pay is the same and depends on your MOE rank/grade 1A1, 1A2 etc. It is pure ******** that primary school teachers are paid less.