Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 29-06-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39195)
SIM graduated last year now in OCBC doing risk modelling related work, joined at $3700 at first and after increment this year now at $4100.

You really want to listen to this troll? Trust me, SIM grads at most take home 3k. Thats considered lucky. Unless you have some past experience before entering SIM. And tbh, any SIM-UOL grad thats earning that much will be smart enough to NOT waste time on these forums.

Think with your brain, not with your ass. Open your eyes big big and look around you. If SIM grads really earning this much, you think people will still go to NUS/NTU/SMU? Wake up your idea la. If SIM grad really earn that much, SIM would already publish a graduate employment survey like the other local uni. The fact that they dont just means one thing.

Im not saying its not possible. Yes, it is. If you are smart enough. But then you wont be in SIM in the first place.

Unregistered 29-06-2013 10:50 PM

Ouch, that hurts.

But it is the hard truth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39243)
You really want to listen to this troll? Trust me, SIM grads at most take home 3k. Thats considered lucky. Unless you have some past experience before entering SIM. And tbh, any SIM-UOL grad thats earning that much will be smart enough to NOT waste time on these forums.

Think with your brain, not with your ass. Open your eyes big big and look around you. If SIM grads really earning this much, you think people will still go to NUS/NTU/SMU? Wake up your idea la. If SIM grad really earn that much, SIM would already publish a graduate employment survey like the other local uni. The fact that they dont just means one thing.

Im not saying its not possible. Yes, it is. If you are smart enough. But then you wont be in SIM in the first place.

Unregistered 29-06-2013 11:13 PM

There are SIM grads and undergrads around this forums that purposely post fake high salary in an effort to improve perception on themselves and the school so that they can bargain for higher pay when they find a job. However, what they do not realise is that it places a very unrealistic view of SIM and its job prospects. Many will end up being deceived that they will earn big bucks when they go SIM only to find that they will not even be able to join the gov sector when they graduate.

Unregistered 30-06-2013 10:55 AM

I just grad last month from UOL. Working now as a M&A analyst with a hard commodities firm. I wrote 2.5k as expected, i got 2.5k. I dunno will have increment or bonus anot. But... happy enough, just want to learn and gain experience.

Unregistered 01-07-2013 09:41 AM

SIM grads here are a strange lot. Tell them their purchased degree is inferior to NUS/NTU/SMU they get emo angry and rant about how degree is just a piece of paper mean nothing and all degree grads should be the same in salary.

When some sucessful SIM grads share they actually manage to make it against the local u with good pay, they again get emo angry and accuse others of lying or come up with cooky conspiracy theories about covert marketing operations to bluff the whole world for higher pay.

Unregistered 01-07-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39297)
SIM grads here are a strange lot. Tell them their purchased degree is inferior to NUS/NTU/SMU they get emo angry and rant about how degree is just a piece of paper mean nothing and all degree grads should be the same in salary.

When some sucessful SIM grads share they actually manage to make it against the local u with good pay, they again get emo angry and accuse others of lying or come up with cooky conspiracy theories about covert marketing operations to bluff the whole world for higher pay.

Wrong. That is based on the presumption that both types of postings are made by the same group of people which is entirely untrue. From my experience, this is actually made by 2 seperated groups of SIM-UOL grads. One side believes that their degrees are not inferior and hence say that crap about how degree means nothing.

The other side is the more realistic kind who does know the value of the degree and knows that SIM grads can rarely make as much or more than local grads.

Unregistered 02-07-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39326)
Wrong. That is based on the presumption that both types of postings are made by the same group of people which is entirely untrue. From my experience, this is actually made by 2 seperated groups of SIM-UOL grads. One side believes that their degrees are not inferior and hence say that crap about how degree means nothing.

The other side is the more realistic kind who does know the value of the degree and knows that SIM grads can rarely make as much or more than local grads.

every 1 realistic SIM grad comes with 10 SIM dreamers.

Unregistered 02-07-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poorman (Post 15839)
Hey guys just thought of starting a thread for all fresh degree grads from UOL.

Local Uni grads, feel free to input your starting pay for the envy of others lol.

For me, i'm getting a miserable $2,300. :(

if i'm you, i will run a simple FB search on companies that hires SIM grads.

gain the experience, i've heard experience abt people preferring SIM grads for their streetsmartness

Unregistered 02-07-2013 05:37 PM

so you think using Facebook to search for companies is akin to being street smart?

Now I understand the calibre of graduates that SIM produces.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39337)
if i'm you, i will run a simple FB search on companies that hires SIM grads.

gain the experience, i've heard experience abt people preferring SIM grads for their streetsmartness

Unregistered 02-07-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39355)
so you think using Facebook to search for companies is akin to being street smart?

Now I understand the calibre of graduates that SIM produces.

opps not from SIM, just saying the interviewer was finding problems with a NUS grad, who is also my friend.

1 of the bank in sg for a RM post