Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 25-01-2021 09:48 PM

Nus biz sch is rly not a big deal though... in fact, i feel that nus itself aint that prestigious especially in the eyes of foreign employers. Better to be humble bro.

Ps: im from btc (if you know you know)

aimlessinlyfe 25-01-2021 09:58 PM

Hi guys,

I am an auditor at a mid tier firm, desperately trying to jump ship as I feel so overworked and I dont have any passion in what I am doing. The pay doesn't exactly help- I graduated from UOL so my pay now is only 2.7k after a year of working.

I am thinking of joining NIE and becoming a POA teacher after my bond ends. I understand from previous posts that teachers are overworked as well, but I think it probably wont be as bad as being an auditor where I have been OT-ing till after midnight even in offpeak.

May i get any advice if the teacher's pay and benefits would be worth signing up for? I hate my current job so much I am just considering all sorts of options, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

Unregistered 25-01-2021 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlessinlyfe (Post 155116)
Hi guys,

I am an auditor at a mid tier firm, desperately trying to jump ship as I feel so overworked and I dont have any passion in what I am doing. The pay doesn't exactly help- I graduated from UOL so my pay now is only 2.7k after a year of working.

I am thinking of joining NIE and becoming a POA teacher after my bond ends. I understand from previous posts that teachers are overworked as well, but I think it probably wont be as bad as being an auditor where I have been OT-ing till after midnight even in offpeak.

May i get any advice if the teacher's pay and benefits would be worth signing up for? I hate my current job so much I am just considering all sorts of options, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

join date 25 jan, seems sus.

anw, if you willingly choose to enter audit/didn’t do well in sch (grades, internship exp etc) then there’s really no one to blame. WLB in the teaching industry is probably better than the audit for what it’s worth, no harm trying.

Unregistered 25-01-2021 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155113)
Nus biz sch is rly not a big deal though... in fact, i feel that nus itself aint that prestigious especially in the eyes of foreign employers. Better to be humble bro.

Ps: im from btc (if you know you know)

The Australian unis (Melbourne/Sydney) this troller keeps crapping on are unironically more renown worldwide than his precious NUS business school.

Unregistered 26-01-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155121)
not the troll but am really curious on the SIM grads who made it to Big Tech. i know its definitely not swe but still impressed. any linkedin links?

Search Lucas L and Chin YJ on LinkedIn.

Know of people in BBs, F500s, Consulting etc as well and they are all just from my batch.

This troll isn’t even on their level lol. Probably fighting against the 3k+ bracket (plenty of SIM ACN ppl making more than this figure alrd)

Unregistered 26-01-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137691)
Brother, this guy not even top 20% in SIM.

come let me just give u JUST 1 REF for some of the more popular GA/MA programmes (a handful of these grads are not even top 10% in SIM)

BOS MA: s://sg.linkedin.com/in/rivikpaul

OCBC GA (now VP): s://sg.linkedin.com/in/aaronchanzhihao

DBS GA: s://sg.linkedin.com/in/rrachelh

JPM IB: s://linkedin.com/in/indrasentanu

JPM GA (now VP level): s://sg.linkedin.com/in/raphael-ng-63502585

Offerered SCB Global Banking GA but rejected to join hedge fund: s://sg.linkedin.com/in/jason-tan-bing-jie

Accenture Consulting: s://sg.linkedin.com/in/garialdis

Lazy list everyone I know. The rest Big Tech, FMCG, Big 4, F100 etc. all can find fresh UOL grads.

You get the drift can liao. Humble up local uni kids, these are not the only UOL ppl in these companies btw. I just lazy copy paste and don't want to be a more hardcore stalker than I already am ;)

theres this post from awhile back

Unregisteredd 26-01-2021 01:37 PM

Graduating from SIM UOL in 2021

I first pursued my degree in 2014 with SIM UOL and have failed a few modules. Therefore, I will only be graduating in 2021 (this is my final semester).

Am I going to have a hard time finding a job? Do I even have a chance to get a job? What kind of starting salary would I be looking at?

Unregistered 26-01-2021 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregisteredd (Post 155162)
I first pursued my degree in 2014 with SIM UOL and have failed a few modules. Therefore, I will only be graduating in 2021 (this is my final semester).

Am I going to have a hard time finding a job? Do I even have a chance to get a job? What kind of starting salary would I be looking at?

Lol. I recommend killing yourself. Imagine taking 7 years to complete a DL 'degree'. You don't deserve to live, tbh

#simdegreesmatter

Unregistered 26-01-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155125)
The Australian unis (Melbourne/Sydney) this troller keeps crapping on are unironically more renown worldwide than his precious NUS business school.

A business school where a 3.2 polytechnic GPA gives you guaranteed entry is more prestigious than NUS BBA, got it.

You can't even enter the most cui course in a local university with that GPA.

Unregistered 26-01-2021 03:01 PM

Lame kid

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155167)
Lol. I recommend killing yourself. Imagine taking 7 years to complete a DL 'degree'. You don't deserve to live, tbh

#simdegreesmatter

I bet you are someone who probably doesn’t even have anything to your name and that’s why you get joy from bringing others down.

Keyboard warrior.