Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 09-12-2020 03:18 PM

woah first time seeing this thread and all i see is this nincompoop spouting nonsense. Life is too short to deal with this empty vessel

Unregistered 09-12-2020 04:34 PM

Well, for starters I was from RMIT, in UOL. Did part time during NS(so shaved off a year), and full time for the next. 2 years in total. Went to Melbourne to graduate coz why not? Also would be nice to graduate on a month that differs from the norm of RMIT students in SIM. Haha, yes.. obtuse but it worked? Now working in a Govt agency. $3.8K starting. 1.5 years in : )

2 years of “private” Uni for this. Did I mention, private diploma holder from SIM
too.

Unregistered 09-12-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150772)
Well, for starters I was from RMIT, in UOL. Did part time during NS(so shaved off a year), and full time for the next. 2 years in total. Went to Melbourne to graduate coz why not? Also would be nice to graduate on a month that differs from the norm of RMIT students in SIM. Haha, yes.. obtuse but it worked? Now working in a Govt agency. $3.8K starting. 1.5 years in : )

2 years of “private” Uni for this. Did I mention, private diploma holder from SIM
too.

In SIM. Sorry. Typo.. what was I thinking. 🥲

Unregistered 09-12-2020 04:45 PM

This is the hierarchy. Very simple.

T1 (brand name uni): Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Stanford, Oxford, Cambrdige
T2 (good uni): NUS/NTU/SMUand overseas reputable unis U of Hong Kong, U of Tokyo, U of Toronto etc
T3 (meh uni): Overseas tier 2 uni like U of Bath or U of Tasmania
T4 (laosai): DL degrees and overseas trash unis

SIM UOL fits in T4. It is laosai. End of argument.

Unregistered 09-12-2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150774)
This is the hierarchy. Very simple.

T1 (brand name uni): Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Stanford, Oxford, Cambrdige
T2 (good uni): NUS/NTU/SMUand overseas reputable unis U of Hong Kong, U of Tokyo, U of Toronto etc
T3 (meh uni): Overseas tier 2 uni like U of Bath or U of Tasmania
T4 (laosai): DL degrees and overseas trash unis

SIM UOL fits in T4. It is laosai. End of argument.

Even poly diploma ahead of DL degree lah.

Unregistered 09-12-2020 11:52 PM

Aiyo you lot still whining here ah?

I might be the top 5% from SIM earning >4.5k starting at a top MNC in this climate but jesus this is fking hilarious LOL

Yes... we get it - we didn't do well for Poly/A Levels... we only need to study ~12 hours a week.. UOL fees are largely comparable to local uni fees... oh wait, I think I get why you kids are so mad now lmao

Cry :(

Unregistered 09-12-2020 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150804)
Aiyo you lot still whining here ah?

I might be the top 5% from SIM earning >4.5k starting at a top MNC in this climate but jesus this is fking hilarious LOL

Yes... we get it - we didn't do well for Poly/A Levels... we only need to study ~12 hours a week.. UOL fees are largely comparable to local uni fees... oh wait, I think I get why you kids are so mad now lmao

Cry :(

Please lah brother. MNC HR are directed to toss all SIM applications in the shredder. If you want to lie at least make it believable.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 12:09 AM

Omg I have a colleague from UOL and his way is higher than mine??? I’m a local grad from NUS and this is our first job. UNFAIR! By the way, I’m working in a civil service. I am an 2nd Upper.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150764)
Local U grads, please GTFO this thread if you have any shred of human decency. Some of you are seriously rotten. Put yourself in the shoes of a private U grad: Imagine going through 15 or so years of rigorous education, only to end up with a SIM degree (i.e toilet paper). No wonder why they are so bitter. Very low to put them down. I'd probably kill myself if I were in their situation.

Nothing more to say. Perfectly sums up the bitterness and inferiority complex of SIM grads.

NUS grads, don't be an A-hole and come here to mock them. Yes, it's their fault they didn't work hard in poly/JC and make it into a proper university. But they are currently being punished for that by being relegated to a lower tier of society... no need for further goading.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150806)
Please lah brother. MNC HR are directed to toss all SIM applications in the shredder. If you want to lie at least make it believable.

i mean he’s not really lying though, just go on LinkedIn and you can probably find some UOL grads doing well.

then again, they are prob the top 10%. regardless, yall shld just focus on yourselves rather than engaging in mindless arguments on a forum tbf