SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay - Page 254 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2531 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
nothing wrong with this - some will make it, the majority wont.

the point is that sim grads will almost always have a shitty start. while your local uni peers have already gone far ahead of you.

You must be doing fantastic. Care to share which line you are in? I'm open to disclose my line and my cpf statement if you are game. If you are not, no response is required. I don't talk to local uni pussies.

Reply With Quote
  #2532 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2020, 08:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You must be doing fantastic. Care to share which line you are in? I'm open to disclose my line and my cpf statement if you are game. If you are not, no response is required. I don't talk to local uni pussies.
woah woah woah what a big shot.

well, waiting for you to disclose then, ****ing SIM retard

Reply With Quote
  #2533 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2020, 09:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
woah woah woah what a big shot.

well, waiting for you to disclose then, ****ing SIM retard
That person just found out the hard truths about his alma mater - of course he's going to react this way 🤣



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2534 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2020, 07:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That person just found out the hard truths about his alma mater - of course he's going to react this way 🤣
Translation for above, "yes we are pussies who are not doing well enough to have the balls to show any proof of compensation, but we still enjoy bashing ppl online"
Reply With Quote
  #2535 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2020, 09:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Translation for above, "yes we are pussies who are not doing well enough to have the balls to show any proof of compensation, but we still enjoy bashing ppl online"
Exactly. SIM grads all damn humji, just remain in the shadows yeah
Reply With Quote
  #2536 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2020, 09:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Aiyo, as someone who have worked with both SIM-UOL and local uni grads, it is appalling to be seeing this kind of behavior in this thread. Both of the groups bashing each other, for what? End up we are still contributing to the same economy, eating the same macdonald's, and watching the same sunset. Have a bit of humility and treat each other with respect!

Try to put this into perspective! Imagine your little brother just spent 2 years studying and grinding for a degree that has little to no value comes to you and say "Eh kor/zeh, my degree useless cause literally anyone can get. How ah?". Of course you are not going to say "Eh you useless la, why go that school / go earn 2.5k / go work insurance" right? You are going to shower him with words of encouragement, so why not do the same here??

The facts are quite clear:
- A 2-year private degree will never equate to a 4-year local degree.
- Your starting pay will be lower than those who graduated from a local uni.
- Your starting career path will be limited in terms of opportunities.

HOWEVER, what you do after you get your first job depends on you, and not your degree! If you grind hard enough, you might even do as well as your fellow graduates from a local uni. If you do REALLY well, you can even be the next Mr. Show-Cpf-Statement!

💪🏻
Reply With Quote

  #2537 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2020, 10:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

While your sentiment is commendable, like what ESM Goh said, he is not my brother
Reply With Quote
  #2538 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2020, 02:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Aiyo, as someone who have worked with both SIM-UOL and local uni grads, it is appalling to be seeing this kind of behavior in this thread. Both of the groups bashing each other, for what? End up we are still contributing to the same economy, eating the same macdonald's, and watching the same sunset. Have a bit of humility and treat each other with respect!

Try to put this into perspective! Imagine your little brother just spent 2 years studying and grinding for a degree that has little to no value comes to you and say "Eh kor/zeh, my degree useless cause literally anyone can get. How ah?". Of course you are not going to say "Eh you useless la, why go that school / go earn 2.5k / go work insurance" right? You are going to shower him with words of encouragement, so why not do the same here??

The facts are quite clear:
- A 2-year private degree will never equate to a 4-year local degree.
- Your starting pay will be lower than those who graduated from a local uni.
- Your starting career path will be limited in terms of opportunities.

HOWEVER, what you do after you get your first job depends on you, and not your degree! If you grind hard enough, you might even do as well as your fellow graduates from a local uni. If you do REALLY well, you can even be the next Mr. Show-Cpf-Statement!

💪🏻
Kor kor, you ish sibei talk cock. I'm not on either sides, but Im an audit assoc with deloitte, local grad. It seems like anyone who get into the programme has the same fixed basic. Albeit out of 6 there's 2 uol dudes. I thought I'll get like $200-$400 more but only to find out all same pay.
Reply With Quote
  #2539 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2020, 03:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
While your sentiment is commendable, like what ESM Goh said, he is not my brother
Boooooooooooooooooo
Reply With Quote
  #2540 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2020, 11:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Kor kor, you ish sibei talk cock. I'm not on either sides, but Im an audit assoc with deloitte, local grad. It seems like anyone who get into the programme has the same fixed basic. Albeit out of 6 there's 2 uol dudes. I thought I'll get like $200-$400 more but only to find out all same pay.
Its big4 audit. nothing to expect there. its quantity over quality there. top local accountancy grads dont go to big4


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
sim, starting pay, uol

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starting pay for fresh grad? k3vin Income and Jobs 19 30-03-2018 01:39 AM
Fresh Grad with Masters starting salary in banking Novice Income and Jobs 18 09-02-2016 08:57 PM
Fresh Engineering Grad want to switch to Banking rampa001 Income and Jobs 53 17-09-2011 10:42 AM
Fresh Grad working as software engineer earning 10k/month megasoma Income and Jobs 7 28-07-2011 10:23 AM
Starting pay for fresh uni grad with partial acca geeokleiv Income and Jobs 0 13-06-2011 11:57 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 9,113 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,986 Replies, 1,804,269 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 12,484 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 1,467 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,853 Replies, 871,707 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,022 Replies, 2,197,311 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,583 Replies, 1,230,553 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
855 Replies, 430,357 Views
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
59 Replies, 15,775 Views
Career advice
3 Replies, 940 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,177 Replies, 5,298,288 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,719 Replies, 1,017,838 Views
career dilemma in 30s ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 2,593 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,444 Replies, 1,490,842 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 165,743 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector) ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,174 Views
Please advise on my career path... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 12,160 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,082 Replies, 846,399 Views
What are your Job benefits ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 7,266 Views
Casino Regulatory Authority
1 Replies, 4,408 Views
Relocating to Singapore, is... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 29,442 Views
Summer Internships 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 2,106 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
428 Replies, 72,770 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
879 Replies, 718,879 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 95,903 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 121,731 Views
Chevron COBRA assesment, please... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 48,985 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,867 Replies, 3,650,630 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 76,490 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2