SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay - Page 233 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2321 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2019, 02:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
probably a BB investment bank. FO roles get ~10k even as interns. The person who replied is probably MO or BO in the BB, based on his salary of 5.2k.
No wonder.

Reply With Quote
  #2322 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2019, 04:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

To all UOL sim students,

My background, bcs in acc and finance, fch, UOL SIM. I landed a job last year in the finance/banking industry for 4k flat. That obviously did not come with just my SIM results.

I interned in every holidays/vacations i had during poly and university. My last year in uni, i was juggling studying and internship at the same time which allowed me to intern for an extended period of time.

My advice to all uol grads/ students if you are looking to clinch a decent job, it doesnt come naturally, you have to put in the effort to achieve that. I will not deny or glorify the private degree, as you should expect, the stigma is real in the industry for private unis. As an individual, I would deem myself a confident individual and do well in interviews; the only difficulty is clinching an interview in itself. Im able to leverage on my internship/contract experiences and my contributions during my stint to prove myself that i am worthy of their hire.

If you are an uol grad that didnt do much internship at all and have troubles looking for a job, I am sorry to say that your competition is harder than it already is. The only corrective action u have at this moment is to not expect so much in a job and to just start somewhere. With effort and meaningful value, money will naturally come afterwards.

If you have sufficient internship/relevant experience, well done, you won 20% of the battle to go above the majority private uni students that were too lazy to do anything with their time during their holidays. 70% of the battle now is to clinch an interview, be selective and try to focus your scope on sth related to your experience so that firms believe you stand a chance. Draft a cover letter. Imo, it is easy to draft a cover letter if you want the job bad enough; if it is difficult for u to do a cover letter, you know what it means.

Clinching the interview, DO NOT portray yourself in a way that speaks lowly of your internship experience (even though it may be), speak of yourself as an equal footing to the contributions of a full time employee. Describe your relevant experience and how it will benefit the interviewing employer. SPEAK CONFIDENTLY. Show that youre an analytical and logical person.

My job hunting experience was definitely not a pleasant one as you may or may not have expected. I started job hunting ever since November as an undergraduate, interviews only started coming in in Feb-May. Had to juggle between interview schedules and exam period, that was one of the challenges as well. There were 2-3months of no replies even though i put in so much effort in finding and applying. So my point here, is to keep on applying and not give in.

I will not entertain any questions that will digress about my background/industry/company i belong to. I will also understand and expect ppl who doubt my post content, id just say, my post were not for them to read, it is however, for incoming/ongoing/graduating uol students.
I would not have spend the effort to type this post just for some pointless purpose. I hope this post help the relevant parties that are worried.

- Graduate2018

Reply With Quote
  #2323 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2019, 04:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To all UOL sim students,

My background, bcs in acc and finance, fch, UOL SIM. I landed a job last year in the finance/banking industry for 4k flat. That obviously did not come with just my SIM results.

I interned in every holidays/vacations i had during poly and university. My last year in uni, i was juggling studying and internship at the same time which allowed me to intern for an extended period of time.

My advice to all uol grads/ students if you are looking to clinch a decent job, it doesnt come naturally, you have to put in the effort to achieve that. I will not deny or glorify the private degree, as you should expect, the stigma is real in the industry for private unis. As an individual, I would deem myself a confident individual and do well in interviews; the only difficulty is clinching an interview in itself. Im able to leverage on my internship/contract experiences and my contributions during my stint to prove myself that i am worthy of their hire.

If you are an uol grad that didnt do much internship at all and have troubles looking for a job, I am sorry to say that your competition is harder than it already is. The only corrective action u have at this moment is to not expect so much in a job and to just start somewhere. With effort and meaningful value, money will naturally come afterwards.

If you have sufficient internship/relevant experience, well done, you won 20% of the battle to go above the majority private uni students that were too lazy to do anything with their time during their holidays. 70% of the battle now is to clinch an interview, be selective and try to focus your scope on sth related to your experience so that firms believe you stand a chance. Draft a cover letter. Imo, it is easy to draft a cover letter if you want the job bad enough; if it is difficult for u to do a cover letter, you know what it means.

Clinching the interview, DO NOT portray yourself in a way that speaks lowly of your internship experience (even though it may be), speak of yourself as an equal footing to the contributions of a full time employee. Describe your relevant experience and how it will benefit the interviewing employer. SPEAK CONFIDENTLY. Show that youre an analytical and logical person.

My job hunting experience was definitely not a pleasant one as you may or may not have expected. I started job hunting ever since November as an undergraduate, interviews only started coming in in Feb-May. Had to juggle between interview schedules and exam period, that was one of the challenges as well. There were 2-3months of no replies even though i put in so much effort in finding and applying. So my point here, is to keep on applying and not give in.

I will not entertain any questions that will digress about my background/industry/company i belong to. I will also understand and expect ppl who doubt my post content, id just say, my post were not for them to read, it is however, for incoming/ongoing/graduating uol students.
I would not have spend the effort to type this post just for some pointless purpose. I hope this post help the relevant parties that are worried.

- Graduate2018

Very inspiring. I think the internship importance needs to be drilled all UOL students.

From 1st year you must start to prepare already.

Reply With Quote
  #2324 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2019, 04:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I graduated from UOL in 2012. I was offered a role before graduation with a salary of less than 3k. My main priority was to pay up my study loan as soon as possible.

With close to 3 + years of experience, I managed to join a top MNC as an experienced hire in 2016.

I have good bosses and colleagues, work life balance and overall job satisfaction.

Many factors come into play with regards to planning your career path.

There is always a price to pay with regards to obtaining higher salary. Always remember to strike a balance and not be focus solely on salary alone.
Reply With Quote
  #2325 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I graduated from UOL in 2012. I was offered a role before graduation with a salary of less than 3k. My main priority was to pay up my study loan as soon as possible.

With close to 3 + years of experience, I managed to join a top MNC as an experienced hire in 2016.

I have good bosses and colleagues, work life balance and overall job satisfaction.

Many factors come into play with regards to planning your career path.

There is always a price to pay with regards to obtaining higher salary. Always remember to strike a balance and not be focus solely on salary alone.
Definitely agree with you. I have been working for a year now, and the amount of effort put in have to commensurate, if not speak louder than the compensation u receive.

My post of course, relates to the graduates that are willing to put in the time and effort to focusing on their career and nothing else such as myself. Learning the ropes from somewhere before moving onto a successful role in an enriching environment such as the quoted poster above works as well.

Much respect to you sir and congrats for ur achievement thus far.

- Graduate2018
Reply With Quote
  #2326 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2019, 11:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how would you expect someone from SIM to understand basic demand and supply concepts? they are bad in comprehension and learning thats why they are in SIM in the first place LOL.
Did you get dumped by a UOL girl and had to resort to come here and piss UOL folks to smoothe your fragile sore ego?


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #2327 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2019, 07:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Did you get dumped by a UOL girl and had to resort to come here and piss UOL folks to smoothe your fragile sore ego?
Typical from an UOL student.

You can't formulate your argument properly so you had to use a sexist statement to fight your battles.
Reply With Quote
  #2328 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Typical from an UOL student.

You can't formulate your argument properly so you had to use a sexist statement to fight your battles.
You are a presumptuous loser. Your disgraceful behavior that is putting local uni grads like me in bad light .

You can't get a proper job in real life and had to resort to bashing UOL people to satisfy your fragile ego
Reply With Quote
  #2329 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2019, 09:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are a presumptuous loser. Your disgraceful behavior that is putting local uni grads like me in bad light .

You can't get a proper job in real life and had to resort to bashing UOL people to satisfy your fragile ego

stop pretending to be from a local U. UOL sucks and you know it.

btw, please read your own post again.
Reply With Quote
  #2330 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2019, 11:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
stop pretending to be from a local U. UOL sucks and you know it.

btw, please read your own post again.
Stop disgracing the local uni grads. You are a loser and you know it.

Please read your own post again
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
sim, starting pay, uol

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starting pay for fresh grad? k3vin Income and Jobs 19 30-03-2018 01:39 AM
Fresh Grad with Masters starting salary in banking Novice Income and Jobs 18 09-02-2016 08:57 PM
Fresh Engineering Grad want to switch to Banking rampa001 Income and Jobs 53 17-09-2011 10:42 AM
Fresh Grad working as software engineer earning 10k/month megasoma Income and Jobs 7 28-07-2011 10:23 AM
Starting pay for fresh uni grad with partial acca geeokleiv Income and Jobs 0 13-06-2011 11:57 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,359 Replies, 5,683,822 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,304 Replies, 1,010,521 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career
8 Replies, 635 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,306 Replies, 2,760,399 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry...
1 Replies, 243 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,352 Replies, 1,938,857 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,736 Replies, 1,651,327 Views
I need honest advice. Jump to... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 2,975 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,084 Replies, 1,298,244 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
124 Replies, 121,686 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,833 Replies, 284,811 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,957 Replies, 3,762,433 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
117 Replies, 18,571 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 18,288 Views
Income from casino
6 Replies, 827 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
731 Replies, 222,426 Views
Q: Big 4 Hiring Status
4 Replies, 594 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
107 Replies, 83,094 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,323 Replies, 926,556 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,948 Replies, 1,105,343 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
865 Replies, 448,783 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
619 Replies, 462,431 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 4,395 Views
What course should I undertake?
9 Replies, 4,458 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
990 Replies, 773,185 Views
Advantages
2 Replies, 1,084 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2