SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay - Page 222 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2211 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2018, 08:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
20% increment of 2.5K is 3K, which you could have gotten during graduation.
Ive gotten more than 20%. The lowest offer currently is 3k lol. And highest 4k+.

Fresh grad from UOL getting 3k starting pay is tough. Unless you go into personal Banking. Entering the big four is almost impossible Unless you have connection.

Reply With Quote
  #2212 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i'm actually quite surprised that people can get 3.8k to 4k+ as a starting pay as a fresh grad in a bank in any middle office or back office roles. I know there are many people drawing 4k+ even after 5 years of experience. And some people drawing less than 6k with 10 years experience. I'm talking about middle and back office roles.

Reply With Quote
  #2213 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ive gotten more than 20%. The lowest offer currently is 3k lol. And highest 4k+.

Fresh grad from UOL getting 3k starting pay is tough. Unless you go into personal Banking. Entering the big four is almost impossible Unless you have connection.

That is why more than 20% with a low base is not significant.

Big 4 is no big deal. Many other industries paying much better.

A big 4 called me for a role and could only offer slightly below my current annual base.

Reply With Quote
  #2214 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2018, 05:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm actually quite surprised that people can get 3.8k to 4k+ as a starting pay as a fresh grad in a bank in any middle office or back office roles. I know there are many people drawing 4k+ even after 5 years of experience. And some people drawing less than 6k with 10 years experience. I'm talking about middle and back office roles.
You have to bear in mind that different banks have different bonus structure.

I know of a bank paying 6k for a 3 yrs exp role but it offers 0 to 0.5 months bonus.

Whereas in my company offers same exp at 4k plus but bonus is between 5 to 6 months.
Reply With Quote
  #2215 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2018, 07:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have to bear in mind that different banks have different bonus structure.

I know of a bank paying 6k for a 3 yrs exp role but it offers 0 to 0.5 months bonus.

Whereas in my company offers same exp at 4k plus but bonus is between 5 to 6 months.
Yes different banks have different bonus structure. But the norm that i'm seeing is people with 3 years experience is getting around total compensation of around 60k pa. 5 years experience gets around 70-75k pa in total compensation. Thereafter 5 years of experience, it may then vary quite abit depending on whether the individual is promoted to a leading or managerial position. Because i have people who have less experience (eg: 7-8yrs exp) but at a leading role earning much more than another person who has (10-12yrs exp) but still at a non-leading role. And this is irregardless of whether the person is local uni grad or UOL grad.

Again i'm only talking about middle and back office role.
Reply With Quote
  #2216 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2018, 10:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes different banks have different bonus structure. But the norm that i'm seeing is people with 3 years experience is getting around total compensation of around 60k pa. 5 years experience gets around 70-75k pa in total compensation. Thereafter 5 years of experience, it may then vary quite abit depending on whether the individual is promoted to a leading or managerial position. Because i have people who have less experience (eg: 7-8yrs exp) but at a leading role earning much more than another person who has (10-12yrs exp) but still at a non-leading role. And this is irregardless of whether the person is local uni grad or UOL grad.

Again i'm only talking about middle and back office role.
It is probably because a leading role pays higher in general and I assume you are talking abt total annual salary. Some people may not be promoted to leading role after 10 to 12 years. This is not uncommon. In fact if you are comparing within the same company, this pay difference may not be great, given that the non leading role may be near the pay ceiling.

Another thing to note is that some titles are mostly inflated in banks and does not translate to high salary.

I was from banking middle office. There are other industries paying better than banks.

5 years exp in my company will be getting 90 to 100k as a non leading role. And the ceiling can be from 120 to 150k.
Reply With Quote

  #2217 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2018, 12:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is probably because a leading role pays higher in general and I assume you are talking abt total annual salary. Some people may not be promoted to leading role after 10 to 12 years. This is not uncommon. In fact if you are comparing within the same company, this pay difference may not be great, given that the non leading role may be near the pay ceiling.

Another thing to note is that some titles are mostly inflated in banks and does not translate to high salary.

I was from banking middle office. There are other industries paying better than banks.

5 years exp in my company will be getting 90 to 100k as a non leading role. And the ceiling can be from 120 to 150k.
My experience is that most people starts off at around $2.5k-$3k as a fresh grad in a middle/back office role will find that it is almost impossible to reach 90k-100k after 5 years of experience, even if u got promoted and jump the boat twice in 5 years. Even if u meant 90k-100k in total compensation, that is estimated to be roughly $7k base salary with 1.5mths - 2mths bonus (which generally speaking, most banks pays this kind of bonus).


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2218 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2018, 07:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My experience is that most people starts off at around $2.5k-$3k as a fresh grad in a middle/back office role will find that it is almost impossible to reach 90k-100k after 5 years of experience, even if u got promoted and jump the boat twice in 5 years. Even if u meant 90k-100k in total compensation, that is estimated to be roughly $7k base salary with 1.5mths - 2mths bonus (which generally speaking, most banks pays this kind of bonus).
You are contradicting yourself. On one hand you said that most people cant reach 90k to 100k with 5 years of exp. And on the other hand ypu said most banks generally can pay this range.

Some but not all banks can pay this range.

The argument is that if a person is already getting 90 to 100k wirh 5 years, will the bank be able to pay 20% to 30% more if the person changes company.
Reply With Quote
  #2219 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

SIM UOL grad in 2005 (FCH). After 13 years in the workforce I am drawing about $130k pa. How am I doing?
Reply With Quote
  #2220 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 16
Wisely is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SIM UOL grad in 2005 (FCH). After 13 years in the workforce I am drawing about $130k pa. How am I doing?
Which industry are you at? Title?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
sim, starting pay, uol

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starting pay for fresh grad? k3vin Income and Jobs 19 30-03-2018 01:39 AM
Fresh Grad with Masters starting salary in banking Novice Income and Jobs 18 09-02-2016 08:57 PM
Fresh Engineering Grad want to switch to Banking rampa001 Income and Jobs 53 17-09-2011 10:42 AM
Fresh Grad working as software engineer earning 10k/month megasoma Income and Jobs 7 28-07-2011 10:23 AM
Starting pay for fresh uni grad with partial acca geeokleiv Income and Jobs 0 13-06-2011 11:57 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
730 Replies, 221,732 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,347 Replies, 5,680,210 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,083 Replies, 1,297,539 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
115 Replies, 18,035 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,956 Replies, 3,761,263 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,263 Replies, 2,753,908 Views
Q: Big 4 Hiring Status
4 Replies, 444 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
107 Replies, 82,976 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,295 Replies, 1,008,186 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,323 Replies, 925,944 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,948 Replies, 1,104,758 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,348 Replies, 1,937,552 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
865 Replies, 448,502 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
619 Replies, 462,262 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 4,332 Views
What course should I undertake?
9 Replies, 4,439 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,734 Replies, 1,649,965 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
990 Replies, 772,562 Views
Advantages
2 Replies, 1,071 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
209 Replies, 121,335 Views
Retiring in Taiwan
7 Replies, 497 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,832 Replies, 284,261 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 34,926 Views
I need honest advice. Jump to... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 2,735 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 3,119 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2