SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay - Page 208 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2071 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2016, 12:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFinanc3 View Post
It is true. Contract job for bank usually dont pay alot especially if the person do not have experience and thus no bargaining power to speak of. 1.8k to 2.4k is pretty reasonable. But if u are doing admin work for contract in bank at 2k. It is really not worth it at all. At the end of the day, it depend on what position you working in rather than the pay itself. This is especially true where bank now are cutting jobs and only offer their position to the best candidate available.
1.8 to 2.4k for a fresh grad? thats so fking embarrassing and unfitting for a graduate

Reply With Quote
  #2072 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2016, 09:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFinanc3 View Post
It is true. Contract job for bank usually dont pay alot especially if the person do not have experience and thus no bargaining power to speak of. 1.8k to 2.4k is pretty reasonable. But if u are doing admin work for contract in bank at 2k. It is really not worth it at all. At the end of the day, it depend on what position you working in rather than the pay itself. This is especially true where bank now are cutting jobs and only offer their position to the best candidate available.
What sort of roles do you constitute as admin? I have had calls for data and documentation. Are these admin? Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #2073 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2016, 11:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1.8 to 2.4k for a fresh grad? thats so fking embarrassing and unfitting for a graduate




$2K for a fresh grad is fairy reasonable in this present environment. You must understand that for private degrees the banks will discriminate, its a silent policy whether you like it or not. You must realize that taking the private route is easily attainable for any cohort. A look at our 0-levels results reveal that 80% achieve 5 O-level passes so these people are eligible for polytechnic education. Fast forward, they easily qualify for private tertiary education. This excludes those from N-level and Ite routes, a proportion of them may also decide to pursue private degrees by taking a bridging program. So we have a situation whereby over supply of grads in the market place.

In recent years, each of our cohort is performing better in national exams and this is manifested in our students' abilities to excel in international assessments. Going forward, expect more supply of grads and the more desirable employers shall have a field time in choosing who to employ for even back office roles.


Rather than grumbling over pay, better for fresh private degree holders to take whatever opportunities given to learn as much and work really hard to perform on the job. Remember there's a long queue waiting to enter the banking sector.

Reply With Quote
  #2074 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2016, 02:33 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Singapore
Posts: 3
existence92 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to existence92
Default

sorry to ask if this question has been asked before..

may i humbly ask , for a new applicant for sim uol banking and finance, looking into future career pathways -

what would be recommended things to study to prepare?
what is the difference between analyst / others?
I would like to work in a job (realistically) in back office doing operations such as ie. bank tellers(?), analysts, others or middle office (if i am lucky) - what should i be doing?


i knew an acquaintances who was second in her whole cohort, working in J.P.Morgan chase - it's possible for SIM grads to work in there...

I appreciate any advice given..
Reply With Quote
  #2075 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by existence92 View Post
sorry to ask if this question has been asked before..

may i humbly ask , for a new applicant for sim uol banking and finance, looking into future career pathways -

what would be recommended things to study to prepare?
what is the difference between analyst / others?
I would like to work in a job (realistically) in back office doing operations such as ie. bank tellers(?), analysts, others or middle office (if i am lucky) - what should i be doing?


i knew an acquaintances who was second in her whole cohort, working in J.P.Morgan chase - it's possible for SIM grads to work in there...

I appreciate any advice given..
whenever u ask people where they working.. also ask them what they working as / position?

those road side sell credit card also call work at citibank/SCB
those in bank work as admin also call work in bank.
Reply With Quote
  #2076 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by existence92 View Post
sorry to ask if this question has been asked before..

may i humbly ask , for a new applicant for sim uol banking and finance, looking into future career pathways -

what would be recommended things to study to prepare?
what is the difference between analyst / others?
I would like to work in a job (realistically) in back office doing operations such as ie. bank tellers(?), analysts, others or middle office (if i am lucky) - what should i be doing?


i knew an acquaintances who was second in her whole cohort, working in J.P.Morgan chase - it's possible for SIM grads to work in there...

I appreciate any advice given..
Why not just apply and the answer will be very obvious - most likely you will only get contract operations offer in banking BO. As for what bank or what job among BO ops, I don't think got much difference. Is contract for JPM BO better than say DBS? I think it's the same.
Reply With Quote

  #2077 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Finance ops analyst / accountant

Hi All, my company is currently hiring finance and accounting students due to constant expansion and turn over rate as well. Do contact us if u would like to apply as the company policy seems to at least shortlist the candidate for an interview if they are being referred by current employee.

Start pay: 3000/mth, salary adj every 6months depending on performance

We try to help refer graduates who are interested in the role as the company give referral fees if we actually refer them suitable candidates (they dont have to source and filter for candidates).

Just some info to let u have a better idea of the people working here.
Quite a handful of fresh grad start working at this co. From the people i know in the co., most are:
- Ntu Graduates
- Smu Graduates
- SIM UOL Graduates with Second Upper Class Honours & Above
- SIM RMIT Graduates with Distinction

Any queries can email us at alaricwo[email protected] .com or u can forward your resume to us, we will send to our HR Team and CC-ed you in the email to follow up!


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2078 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2017, 11:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi All, my company is currently hiring finance and accounting students due to constant expansion and turn over rate as well. Do contact us if u would like to apply as the company policy seems to at least shortlist the candidate for an interview if they are being referred by current employee.

Start pay: 3000/mth, salary adj every 6months depending on performance

We try to help refer graduates who are interested in the role as the company give referral fees if we actually refer them suitable candidates (they dont have to source and filter for candidates).

Just some info to let u have a better idea of the people working here.
Quite a handful of fresh grad start working at this co. From the people i know in the co., most are:
- Ntu Graduates
- Smu Graduates
- SIM UOL Graduates with Second Upper Class Honours & Above
- SIM RMIT Graduates with Distinction

Any queries can email us at [email protected] .com or u can forward your resume to us, we will send to our HR Team and CC-ed you in the email to follow up!
Is this a start up or sme?


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2079 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi guys, I know that being a SIM-UOL student is already at a disadvantaged as compared to local uni grads. Therefore, I would like to boost my resume while studying in sch. Other than internships, do companies look out for ppl who are actively volunteering in community service? I'm kinda curious about employers' perspective towards volunteering work. Is it an added bonus to one's resume?
Reply With Quote
  #2080 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 4
houmaidog is on a distinguished road
Default

I finished my UOL final exams(Accounting and Finance) in May'2017 and managed to land a job that pays me $3.7K/mth.

I applied for jobs through various job portals - linkedin, jobstreet, hays, recruiter etc.. Went for a few interviews but did not get shortlisted for the job.

I think being a private degree holder already puts us at a disadvantage compared to local university. I was fortunate enough to learn of the opening that my current company offers through my contacts.

As you have heard your family or friends saying that contacts are really important, It is so dam true!!!

Any private U fresh grads can pm me privately if you like to have a command a higher salary as my company is still hiring.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Last edited by houmaidog; 03-07-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
sim, starting pay, uol

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starting pay for fresh grad? k3vin Income and Jobs 19 30-03-2018 01:39 AM
Fresh Grad with Masters starting salary in banking Novice Income and Jobs 18 09-02-2016 08:57 PM
Fresh Engineering Grad want to switch to Banking rampa001 Income and Jobs 53 17-09-2011 10:42 AM
Fresh Grad working as software engineer earning 10k/month megasoma Income and Jobs 7 28-07-2011 10:23 AM
Starting pay for fresh uni grad with partial acca geeokleiv Income and Jobs 0 13-06-2011 11:57 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
HSBC Graduate Programme 2021
6 Replies, 327 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,608 Replies, 3,079,509 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 46,199 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
873 Replies, 259,636 Views
Looking for job referral,...
5 Replies, 476 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
4 Replies, 2,471 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 35,877 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,628 Replies, 1,344,385 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 34,649 Views
Employment agency taking me to...
2 Replies, 102 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 3,164 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,878 Replies, 1,756,199 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,720 Replies, 1,133,672 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 4,197 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
336 Replies, 114,548 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 4,880 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,407 Replies, 2,011,325 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,004 Replies, 1,145,696 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,714 Replies, 5,922,216 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,157 Replies, 1,334,213 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,462 Replies, 980,689 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
117 Replies, 43,439 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
475 Replies, 102,360 Views
Equity Research jobs
3 Replies, 340 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 815,265 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
351 Replies, 280,703 Views
E-Reading apps for kids
2 Replies, 1,706 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2