Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 15-11-2022 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveburgersandfries (Post 234623)
hi all, just wondering...how about skillsfuture programs? would it help to raise salary? would happy to hear anyone's experiences...

it will help you raise ur salary if you are taking relevant skills certificate and applying for another job that you can apply ur skillsfuture knowledge.

Unregistered 23-11-2022 02:03 AM

super hard to find a job now. 3.3k no one even replies to me.

Unregistered 23-11-2022 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235478)
super hard to find a job now. 3.3k no one even replies to me.

what experiences you got? If no reply, go part time lor. Better than having a gap in resume.

Unregistered 23-11-2022 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235482)
what experiences you got? If no reply, go part time lor. Better than having a gap in resume.

I never intern before because i earn more doing grabfood and need to spend time with my gf

Unregistered 24-11-2022 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235498)
I never intern before because i earn more doing grabfood and need to spend time with my gf

lol not sure if troller or real reply

Unregistered 25-11-2022 09:24 AM

oooo, i saw some posts regarding justinsng, that haoliao guy always flexing his benz and his portfolio, cards and gifts? glad to see ppl dissing him too. i think without his dad he is a nobody one.

Unregistered 25-11-2022 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235707)
oooo, i saw some posts regarding justinsng, that haoliao guy always flexing his benz and his portfolio, cards and gifts? glad to see ppl dissing him too. i think without his dad he is a nobody one.

dont know who justinsng is and dont care.

go out and touch grass kid, stop being a loser sinkie crying about others and polluting this thread with a bunch of off topic BS.

anyway SIM starting pay seems quite low, look at their GES survey, it starts off at 2k+ and employment rate is like 20-30%, either the survey is flawed or SIM students are just useless and not credible whatsoever

Unregistered 26-11-2022 09:36 AM

I am a employer and I will only offer 1.8k to SIM graduates

Unregistered 26-11-2022 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235710)
dont know who justinsng is and dont care.

go out and touch grass kid, stop being a loser sinkie crying about others and polluting this thread with a bunch of off topic BS.

anyway SIM starting pay seems quite low, look at their GES survey, it starts off at 2k+ and employment rate is like 20-30%, either the survey is flawed or SIM students are just useless and not credible whatsoever

It's true.

I got many friends who went SIM after Poly, their pay is literally only $300-$400 more than Poly graduates... how the f**k to survive? 2k monthly for 9-10 hours of work a day for 5.5 days a week?

Unregistered 26-11-2022 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235809)
It's true.

I got many friends who went SIM after Poly, their pay is literally only $300-$400 more than Poly graduates... how the f**k to survive? 2k monthly for 9-10 hours of work a day for 5.5 days a week?

girls open legs can get 20k/mth. what u just said only apply for guys.

Unregistered 26-11-2022 05:26 PM

girls can do Onlyfans. Guys cannot, later go jail lol. Guys can do onlyNS.

Unregistered 26-11-2022 06:24 PM

fking crazy who tf wants sinkie girl OF? all so ugly as fk, malnourish buibui bodies, gross.

those girls earning a ton from OF are mostly caucasians / mixed blood beautiful girls who are ex-streamers / ex-rs / ex-models

Unregistered 26-11-2022 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235839)
fking crazy who tf wants sinkie girl OF? all so ugly as fk, malnourish buibui bodies, gross.

those girls earning a ton from OF are mostly caucasians / mixed blood beautiful girls who are ex-streamers / ex-rs / ex-models

yo chill. believe it or not, there are many sinkie simps here.

Unregistered 26-11-2022 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235842)

subscribe to buibui ugly small eye sinkie girls when we have jav and korean idol OFs?

wa jialat, if true then i dunno wat to say. must be braindead, might as well just throw the money away.

Unregistered 26-11-2022 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235842)

SG have tons have desperate loser that goes for people's sloppy seconds. third, fourth, fifth hands. Used items are like treasures to them.

Unregistered 27-11-2022 05:06 PM

for shits and giggles; though i suspect many are going to say that this isnt real. remember kids, your degree doesn't really matter. i've not used a single thing i've learnt at SIM-UOL at any of my jobs.

2nd upper in econs and finance. all roles non-customer facing, although fair amount of senior stakeholder management.

start with an insurer - underwriting
year 0 - $3,000
year 1 - $3,500
year 2 - $3,575 (job-hopped to a temasek-linked company doing risk management)
year 3 - $3,671
year 4 - $4,350 (promoted)
year 5 - $5,633 (consecutive promotion)
year 6 - $5,958 (job-hopped to another temasek company)
year 7 - $$7,055 (promoted)
year 8 - $8,245 (job-hopped to a retailer)

Unregistered 27-11-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235908)
for shits and giggles; though i suspect many are going to say that this isnt real. remember kids, your degree doesn't really matter. i've not used a single thing i've learnt at SIM-UOL at any of my jobs.

2nd upper in econs and finance. all roles non-customer facing, although fair amount of senior stakeholder management.

year 0 - $3,000
year 1 - $3,500
year 3 - $3,671

Very similar to your progression. Going to hit 9K at year 9 with stable bonus payouts.Degree does not matter much as you progress.

Unregistered 27-11-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235908)

year 0 - $3,000
year 1 - $3,500
year 3 - $3,671

degree doesn't matter

> started at 3k salary

lol.... ok buddy.

Unregistered 28-11-2022 10:25 AM

i started out around 11 yrs ago too.. 2011, 3.1k
2014 around 4.4-4-7k

in 2015 my boss told me the future of programming, so i went to study python, c++, sql and java and i found it quite fun.

2016 i managed to get inside software at startup, 2017 i jumped to shopee. Shopee sibeh tiring, shag af. after 1 year of slave I am done.
2018-2019 i went to part time msc in computer science NUS, paid over 45-50k... i went to work for 2-3 companies. they paid me around 2.5k-3k/month each, very flexible lolll. 1 of the company i worked 5 times a week
2020 i got into paypal, around 10.7k with bonus
2022 , i wanna to go google but i always failed the last interview exam...

Unregistered 28-11-2022 12:18 PM

Moral of story...SIM degree doesn’t provide as much opportunities...need to depend on your self improvement...these stories not representative as people who post here tend to have higher motivation...a lot Sim students earning peanuts i laugh..

Unregistered 28-11-2022 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235959)
Moral of story...SIM degree doesn’t provide as much opportunities...need to depend on your self improvement...these stories not representative as people who post here tend to have higher motivation...a lot Sim students earning peanuts i laugh..

100% agree with you, unless parents rich and then they can snowball, or 'pretty' girls who stoop to low level wearing spaghetti bra everyday to work.

I know friends who have rich parents, now making 8k+ doing their whatever 'business' or insurance, or property. Their life just ez game

I also know female friends, do what 'influencer' or dating rich man etc. I knew a female friend started at HR 3k, now 2yrs in 6.5k, senior role, She slept with upper management LOL

Unregistered 28-11-2022 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235970)
100% agree with you, unless parents rich and then they can snowball, or 'pretty' girls who stoop to low level wearing spaghetti bra everyday to work.

I know friends who have rich parents, now making 8k+ doing their whatever 'business' or insurance, or property. Their life just ez game

I also know female friends, do what 'influencer' or dating rich man etc. I knew a female friend started at HR 3k, now 2yrs in 6.5k, senior role, She slept with upper management LOL

Or can be ugly but if your luck very good like your boss likes you , then can earn 4k do hr work lol.

Unregistered 28-11-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235970)

You know this friend that friend LOLOL

must be legit. I know a friend who know elon musk, he say elon musk gay LOL must be true.

Unregistered 28-11-2022 07:06 PM

cb, the GES for sim cheat my feeling, I go out and ask for 3.5k, but cannot find job for 6 mths.

Unregistered 28-11-2022 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235987)
cb, the GES for sim cheat my feeling, I go out and ask for 3.5k, but cannot find job for 6 mths.

pls kindly sexsprain why u asking for 3.5k

Unregistered 28-11-2022 10:22 PM

Hey bros if cannot find job can apply sg traineeship 2.5k minimum for degree holders

Unregistered 29-11-2022 06:44 AM

As someone with engineering local degree but not wanting to be in the engineering industry, what other options are available to me other than tech/software?

Unregistered 29-11-2022 08:55 AM

Just using Ceca name can land you better job opportunities. Just do it for the money bros

Unregistered 29-11-2022 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235984)
You know this friend that friend LOLOL

must be legit. I know a friend who know elon musk, he say elon musk gay LOL must be true.

This lad must be some lonely garbage staying at home wanking to anime. No friends, bespectacled pimple face nerd ew. Anyway I also know your poor mother working now and ending work at 6pm to pay your bills and education.

Unregistered 29-11-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235987)

Did you managed to find a job afterwards?

Unregistered 29-11-2022 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236029)
This lad must be some lonely garbage staying at home wanking to anime. No friends, bespectacled pimple face nerd ew. Anyway I also know your poor mother working now and ending work at 6pm to pay your bills and education.

LOLOL project harder

Unregistered 30-11-2022 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236051)
Did you managed to find a job afterwards?

Aiyoo...this kind of english standard...moi better call my HR to delete SIM CVs on sight oredi... see your yingwen so jialat...kindly study more english so you can represent yourself and present your views coherently as a representative of your company...aiyoo...thks...

Unregistered 01-12-2022 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236129)
Aiyoo...this kind of english standard...moi better call my HR to delete SIM CVs on sight oredi... see your yingwen so jialat...kindly study more english so you can represent yourself and present your views coherently as a representative of your company...aiyoo...thks...

Amazed at this miserable kid. Just one grammatical error from this sentence you cry until no tomorrow. Just let that lad be la, he is just merely checking out something.

Sounds like your pathetic life really miserable and upset to the extend you have to pinpoint the slightest mistake, definitely earning peanuts in your 9-6 job LOL.

eh u wan tok english? I SIM grad, e8 for singlish and now probably earning more than you + your papa and mama after working 3yrs in. Pui :)

English is not everything my miserable friend, ask your mama to wake your donkey brain and look at the real world.

Unregistered 01-12-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236129)

lol, my english is bad and cos of this you kpkb until like your grandma die sia. relax. Here to ask a qn and you whine so hard. really so miserable like what the previous guy said. >< need to ask ur poor mummy give u more pocket money

Unregistered 01-12-2022 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236201)
Amazed at this miserable kid. Just one grammatical error from this sentence you cry until no tomorrow. Just let that lad be la, he is just merely checking out something.

Sounds like your pathetic life really miserable and upset to the extend you have to pinpoint the slightest mistake, definitely earning peanuts in your 9-6 job LOL.

eh u wan tok english? I SIM grad, e8 for singlish and now probably earning more than you + your papa and mama after working 3yrs in. Pui :)

English is not everything my miserable friend, ask your mama to wake your donkey brain and look at the real world.

How tf do you get baited so hard by some loser who can't even type proper English himself?

What the f**k?

Why would you ever entertain some loser who calls someone out on English when that person him/herself can't even type proper English LOL.

Unregistered 03-12-2022 01:38 PM

Relax guys, being from SIM-UOL doesn't mean you're a loser, you can work hard to shed your 2nd class status once you're in the workforce.

Unregistered 03-12-2022 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236240)
How tf do you get baited so hard by some loser who can't even type proper English himself?

What the f**k?

Why would you ever entertain some loser who calls someone out on English when that person him/herself can't even type proper English LOL.

Your English very good can communicate with ceca well

loveburgersandfries 12-12-2022 11:28 AM

hi all, after looking for quite a while, im considering skillsfuture courses like the BCG rise program. at least can use skillsfuture credit, and get higher pay after finishing this course.

Unregistered 12-12-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveburgersandfries (Post 236958)
hi all, after looking for quite a while, im considering skillsfuture courses like the BCG rise program. at least can use skillsfuture credit, and get higher pay after finishing this course.

?

who asked?

Unregistered 12-12-2022 12:03 PM

Hey girls do reach out if your bf need help in finding a job. I'm hiring for my startup!