Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 26-09-2022 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231255)
which company is paying 6.2k for fresh grad?

Many, just that the companies i know of are mainly interested in local uni but ofc YMMV.

Unregistered 26-09-2022 12:45 PM

Quote:

It's not a well-known company and I don't want to dox my friend but they make semiconductor equipment.

Unregistered 26-09-2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

male and female would be graded differently. female has more uses than male.

Unregistered 14-10-2022 05:37 PM

knn the job market is bad. sim uol 2nd upper here. job search for 4 months to no avail.

Unregistered 14-10-2022 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232619)
knn the job market is bad. sim uol 2nd upper here. job search for 4 months to no avail.

Can throw away your useless cert alr.

Unregistered 14-10-2022 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232619)

go part time for the time being la. At least your resume no big lobang.

Unregistered 14-10-2022 08:20 PM

rmit pass degree, 8k per month

Unregistered 15-10-2022 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231257)
It's not a well-known company and I don't want to dox my friend but they make semiconductor equipment.

Just fking tell us the company name you dumb fk, either you're lying or an actual dumbass who thinks that naming a company = doxing your own friend.

What an actual dumb fk, crazy to think dipshits like you can even earn 1k in this world.

Unregistered 15-10-2022 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231257)

dox ur lj la u dunno then say dunno la cb wan pretend like u got friend

Unregistered 16-10-2022 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232631)
rmit pass degree, 8k per month

Power of Insurance

Unregistered 17-10-2022 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232747)
Power of Insurance

scamming dumb people and feeling proud for doing it

Unregistered 17-10-2022 10:48 AM

Can anyone share with me the difference between SUSS, SIM, Kaplan, PSB?

Thanks

Unregistered 17-10-2022 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232792)
scamming dumb people and feeling proud for doing it

thats the sad part. They go that low because of greed.

Unregistered 19-10-2022 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232662)
Just fking tell us the company name you dumb fk, either you're lying or an actual dumbass who thinks that naming a company = doxing your own friend.

What an actual dumb fk, crazy to think dipshits like you can even earn 1k in this world.

lol why so angry? you urgently need a job is it?
well, nope, not gonna spoon feed you. provided enough hints already. if still cannot figure it out, perhaps you wanna invest in brain food first

Unregistered 21-10-2022 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232798)

Thanks

No difference

Unregistered 25-10-2022 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232798)

Thanks

SUSS -> sg local university, ranking is 6300+-. still ok, need work extra hard to climb ladder, unless daddy/mummy rich or show cleavage everyday.

SIM -> private university. ranking is 4700+-, usually those that cmi to local U, and mostly all rich parents sponsor de. some of my frens who are not rich really struggling to work 2 jobs to pay school fees. still manageable, but find job always first to get filtered out.

Kaplan -> rank 9800+-. some people call it gamlan. if youngsters inside usually last time all act gangster and dont study type, then no choice lan lan go here. if got adults inside means they wanna upgrade their skills and knowledge, so kudos to them.

PSB -> rank 10100+- normally adults will enroll there for self-upgrading. if got yps go here means they just trying their best to get some diploma and 'degree' for a 'relatively' high paying job.

End of the day, dun go kaplan and PSB if u are YPs, unless u really sibeh no hope. if u wanna self upgrade, yes

Unregistered 25-10-2022 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233363)
SUSS -> sg local university, ranking is 6300+-. still ok, need work extra hard to climb ladder, unless daddy/mummy rich or show cleavage everyday.

SIM -> private university. ranking is 4700+-, usually those that cmi to local U, and mostly all rich parents sponsor de. some of my frens who are not rich really struggling to work 2 jobs to pay school fees. still manageable, but find job always first to get filtered out.

Kaplan -> rank 9800+-. some people call it gamlan. if youngsters inside usually last time all act gangster and dont study type, then no choice lan lan go here. if got adults inside means they wanna upgrade their skills and knowledge, so kudos to them.

PSB -> rank 10100+- normally adults will enroll there for self-upgrading. if got yps go here means they just trying their best to get some diploma and 'degree' for a 'relatively' high paying job.

End of the day, dun go kaplan and PSB if u are YPs, unless u really sibeh no hope. if u wanna self upgrade, yes

Doesn't matter which uni you go if you always have the negative beta cuckold energy

Unregistered 25-10-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233363)

Rankings don’t stand for a great deal unless you are from Ivy unfortunately. There a ton of private uni grads out there making 4k+ starting. Simplest example? Look at the amount of them in Big 4 (Audit/Consulting) or Accenture.

Unregistered 25-10-2022 09:02 PM

Can anyone share with me the difference between NUS, NTU , SMU, SUTD, SIT

Thank you

Unregistered 26-10-2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233385)

Thank you

Their spelling you dumb****. Spell out exactly what you wanna know.

Unregistered 27-10-2022 01:29 AM

Quote:

Thank you

They are all local unis, the difference being in reputation and branding. All of them are highly subsidised and has tons of financial assistance from the government, unlike private uni. You only wanna pay taxes to help useful people, not lazy people.

Unregistered 27-10-2022 09:30 AM

Quote:

Thank you

National University of Singapore (NUS): Of course one of the top sch in uni and in ASEAN. Subjects such as Comp Sci, Engineering and Social Sciences are top 10 in the world. If can go here NUS you should consider, alot of program for creativity and innovation. can see chiobus and hope you dont appear in news for voyeurism. Find jobs relatively easy.

Nanyang Technological University (NTU): Sibeh far, but hostel for 2 years guaranteed. Top subjects are Condensed Matter Physics, Chemistry, Material Science. If you can go here also just go, also got alot of program and Got chiobus also especially in Nanyang Business School (NBS). Find job also relatively easy.

Singapore Management University (SMU): Good thing is sibeh close to town. Also a lot chiobus usually go club one. Used to follow them back to school from club to ;). This school mainly focus on business, finance and comp sci. Find job also quite easy. But i believed this school is a school of snakes, same as NBS.

Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), name suggested is for tech&design duh. I think only got 5 programs offered: mostly engineering design, design AI etc etc. Find job i feel also quite easy, but will lose out to NUS/NTU unless you got good research thesis or good internships

Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT), a lot of engineering courses like Chem Eng, EEE, and others like Food tech, nursing etc. I would say not bad place as this school is growing every year.

Unregistered 27-10-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233485)
They are all local unis, the difference being in reputation and branding. All of them are highly subsidised and has tons of financial assistance from the government, unlike private uni. You only wanna pay taxes to help useful people, not lazy people.

can u rank each of these unis in terms of branding and reputation then?

NUS, NTU , SMU, SUTD, SIT

Unregistered 27-10-2022 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233562)

cannot ownself do research ? then dont bother with uni.

Unregistered 27-10-2022 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233563)
cannot ownself do research ? then dont bother with uni.

no clear answer lei.. i heard SIT ish lumber huan?

Unregistered 27-10-2022 08:52 PM

Quote:

better to work on your ugly face than to obssess with local uni

Unregistered 27-10-2022 10:14 PM

Quote:

Work on your useless brain if you can't even do your basic research for this kind of question

Unregistered 27-10-2022 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233576)
better to work on your ugly face than to obssess with local uni

At least my face can be worked on compared to chiu is ugly as fug beyond repair don’t cryyy

Unregistered 27-10-2022 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233589)
Work on your useless brain if you can't even do your basic research for this kind of question

At least i can get into a local uni unlike u useless scum of the society can’t even graduate N levels

Unregistered 28-10-2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233596)
At least i can get into a local uni unlike u useless scum of the society can’t even graduate N levels

Thanks I will rate you 10/10 in group project incase you can't find job in the future

Unregistered 28-10-2022 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233617)
Thanks I will rate you 10/10 in group project incase you can't find job in the future

thanks you're so kind!! i will rate you -10/10!!

Unregistered 30-10-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

just need to know the above are way ahead of SUSS in GES <- the only thing that matters.
The ranking is based on the quality and quantity of research papers the uni churn out. It does not reflect the teaching quality.

Don't get me started on sim. It's GES is on average $300 higher than poly diploma only and about $1200 lower than NUS. You compare sim degree with poly diploma not degree holders

Unregistered 31-10-2022 10:41 AM

true, fren started working 3.0k doing admin.

work for 6 months everyday see her kpkb here and there, say what no work life balance. start work 830am end work 530pm but always see her 445pm zao liao go dinner go do whatever. she prob not happy with the pay la

then suddenly i see she put insta about wealth, financial freedom, teaching ppl how to invest.. i know liao. cfm jump ship to insurance. and then her insta sibeh annoying. in sch my bros all said she do nth one, copy ppl ans and even cheat in exams during covid. when we homies talked about stocks, options she dun even know wtf are all those. now suddenly can teach ppl how invest... lj la. shes in this agency call AAG, the one in AIA? or another sub-branch, idk. i have a few pushy friends inside keep spamming me on insta/linkedin. blocked them liao. guess im blocking her. no way i gonna let this lazy clown earn my money while i am working hard in my field. ( i grad from NUS,business finance. im earning 6.4k)

Unregistered 31-10-2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233849)
true, fren started working 3.0k doing admin.

work for 6 months everyday see her kpkb here and there, say what no work life balance. start work 830am end work 530pm but always see her 445pm zao liao go dinner go do whatever. she prob not happy with the pay la

then suddenly i see she put insta about wealth, financial freedom, teaching ppl how to invest.. i know liao. cfm jump ship to insurance. and then her insta sibeh annoying. in sch my bros all said she do nth one, copy ppl ans and even cheat in exams during covid. when we homies talked about stocks, options she dun even know wtf are all those. now suddenly can teach ppl how invest... lj la. shes in this agency call AAG, the one in AIA? or another sub-branch, idk. i have a few pushy friends inside keep spamming me on insta/linkedin. blocked them liao. guess im blocking her. no way i gonna let this lazy clown earn my money while i am working hard in my field. ( i grad from NUS,business finance. im earning 6.4k)

waa such FAs very dodgy sia better siam far far don't want to feed into her merc and all.

6.4k buay pai leh! when u graduate from nus?

Unregistered 31-10-2022 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233782)
just need to know the above are way ahead of SUSS in GES <- the only thing that matters.
The ranking is based on the quality and quantity of research papers the uni churn out. It does not reflect the teaching quality.

Don't get me started on sim. It's GES is on average $300 higher than poly diploma only and about $1200 lower than NUS. You compare sim degree with poly diploma not degree holders

dont go to suss guys, waste my 30k on the FT programme. The standard of the lecturers esp evening classes legit cmi. Not sure am i attending workshop or education class LOLOL

Unregistered 31-10-2022 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233880)
dont go to suss guys, waste my 30k on the FT programme. The standard of the lecturers esp evening classes legit cmi. Not sure am i attending workshop or education class LOLOL

maybe someone can open a thread on suss and we can discuss about suss culture and ****

Unregistered 31-10-2022 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233880)

go local uni

Unregistered 01-11-2022 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233866)
waa such FAs very dodgy sia better siam far far don't want to feed into her merc and all.

6.4k buay pai leh! when u graduate from nus?

Yep i did businessfinance, actually alrdy quite low compared to my peers. They all at least 6.8-8.4. (my grades also not that bad, grad with 4.23 2yrs ago) Good thing is i have more work-life balance as i end work always on time, only maybe once in 2 weeks i end later. They all always end work 9 or even 1030pm. So give and take.

Unregistered 05-11-2022 02:35 PM

sim is stinking trash. waste time and $.

loveburgersandfries 10-11-2022 08:48 PM

hi all, just wondering...how about skillsfuture programs? would it help to raise salary? would happy to hear anyone's experiences...