Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 07-09-2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229748)
Many become insurance agents and phv drivers.

Cringe bro. More like NUS students become FAs.

Unregistered 09-09-2022 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229880)
Cringe bro. More like NUS students become FAs.

Nah I donít think so

NUS peeps are doing fine

Unregistered 09-09-2022 10:52 AM

Anybody knows a justinsng? That cringe guy that likes to flaunt his Benz and his 500k+ bank account when he just simply a rich daddy's son? Gets mad when ppl say ' you have a rich dad ' when yea obviously his rich dad plays a part in his 'success'

Unregistered 09-09-2022 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229936)
Nah I donít think so

NUS peeps are doing fine

Ya mostly doing fine, only a small minority are the cringe ones. Had some frens go work some normal 9-6jobs salary ranging from 3.2k to 15k (arts->engineering->comp sci->finance)

Unregistered 09-09-2022 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229941)
Anybody knows a justinsng? That cringe guy that likes to flaunt his Benz and his 500k+ bank account when he just simply a rich daddy's son? Gets mad when ppl say ' you have a rich dad ' when yea obviously his rich dad plays a part in his 'success'

oh this dude. talk to him before. so so. he chooses friends one i feel, he sees you nothing much and commoner he wont really talk to you, which is true. I am not really close to him cos i commoner lol. anyway always see him either with girls who are chio or with guys who have rich dad like himself. always post his car on ign with other rich kids, i mean if he bought it on his own good la, but cfm got rich daddy supporting him one.

I have 2 frens like him, both v rich. 1 guy went to work 9-6 in a tech company, earning 4.5k/mth, he said his dad wanna boost his 'career' or 'wealth' but this friend dont want. He wants to start from bottom, dad gives him 4k a month (during uni) and even offer to buy him a BMW, turns down the car offer and stop taking allowance after he started working. mad respect honestly, his dad might just save the 4k in other bank and pass back to him eventually but him not taking the 4k rn is respectable.

Another friend went to join insurance i think, after getting his licenses 6months got MDRT liao now, last year i think TOT. I asked him eh how come u so good in closing etc etc he said, mostly his dad's friends (all quite wealthy de) buy from him cos the dad asked them to support him. He's quite down to earth , drives a E class (2nd hand) and dont spend alot on clothes/watches etc. He said to us he quite paiseh when he received those wards cos is not really his effort. and he also mentioned that even if ur dad is very rich, ownself cannot buy car or have 1/2 million in bank. Unless daddy gives u 10k a month since young. So end of the day still need connections one, i am sure Justin have that support, thats why he can 'afford' benz and have 1/2M. But see him defending himself when ppl commenting about his rich daddy.... haha ooooops

Unregistered 10-09-2022 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229643)
is SIT and SUSS on par with SIM-UOL?

how does this work? what's the ranking?

esp. when applying into civil service

also, how do recruiters (non-gvt) view these degrees?

thanks a lot!

sim-uol compete with diploma holders in civil service administrative level.

Unregistered 10-09-2022 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230003)
sim-uol compete with diploma holders in civil service administrative level.

Then SIT and SUSS leh

Where do Kaplan and PSB academy fit in

Unregistered 12-09-2022 12:27 AM

Guys is there a tier for non big 3 uni (nus, ntu, smu)

Eg. SUTD, SIT, SUSS, SIM UOL, PSB, RMIT

Unregistered 12-09-2022 10:20 PM

NTU / NUS top tier
SMU / SUTD top but below NUS / NTU in terms of popularity and credibility
SIT / SUSS mid tier, known, GES survey shows good employment rate with decent pay but of course, below both the top tier unis.

Kaplan aka kumlan, SIM, private uni, RMIT bla bla - garbage tier. Good luck with your 30% employment rate GES with 40% below average salary.

Unregistered 13-09-2022 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;229966]oh this dude. talk to him before. so so. he chooses friends one i feel, he sees you nothing much and commoner he wont really talk to you, which is true. I am not really close to him cos i commoner lol. anyway always see him either with girls who are chio or with guys who have rich dad like himself. always post his car on ign with other rich kids, i mean if he bought it on his own good la, but cfm got rich daddy supporting him one.

yea this guy. JSng. ya ya payaya la. rich man son, can do whatever he wants and ownself claim is his effort. Pui. Flex his car or whatsoever. Cringe.

Unregistered 13-09-2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230188)
NTU / NUS top tier
SMU / SUTD top but below NUS / NTU in terms of popularity and credibility
SIT / SUSS mid tier, known, GES survey shows good employment rate with decent pay but of course, below both the top tier unis.

Kaplan aka kumlan, SIM, private uni, RMIT bla bla - garbage tier. Good luck with your 30% employment rate GES with 40% below average salary.

Yeap, my opinion:

Top 1 tier: NUS / NTU
Top 2 tier: SMU
Top 3 tier: SIT / SUSS / SUTD
Top 4 tier: SIM (RMIT/UOL/etc)
Top 5 tier: Kaplan, James cook etc etc. esp kaplan and rmit. all dont study hard then suddenly become wealth manager. oh, dont forget NUS ppl too.

Unregistered 13-09-2022 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229826)
eh broooo all wanna bash him say his name la. TAI JING AN. HAHAHAHA send more hate!!! xiao gou one that cb. i rmbed in nus we all sitting down on a table talking cock, he suddenly self-invited himself to our table and talk cock, then suddenly the word insurance popped out. walao leh i trying to score a girl there to get her number ended up everyone all damn pekchek. like really his EQ fking low, his iq also fking low. better quit and go drive grab better

HAHAHAHAHHA wtf even in private U forum also got this name. Wa **** la this guy power, from NUS to seniors/juniors all know his shits and now even SIM knows this pubor idiot? Eh better cancel this idiot la. Too all those people who are under this TAIJINGAN I suggest you all better terminate all your policies and stop supporting this trash garbage. Go find other agents. I cant believe even in SIM this TJA idiot is trending. Please la Jingan stop talking shits on ur insta, everything u type is so fking bullshit. Knn first to on the office light at 630 or 7am also wanna post on insta. simi lanjiao sia you. In NUS u also not so siao on one, knn project meeting even late 2hrs. Wa I still cant believe it, even more siao when i know got idiots buying from that fake trash.

Unregistered 14-09-2022 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229966)
oh this dude. talk to him before. so so. he chooses friends one i feel, he sees you nothing much and commoner he wont really talk to you, which is true. I am not really close to him cos i commoner lol. anyway always see him either with girls who are chio or with guys who have rich dad like himself. always post his car on ign with other rich kids, i mean if he bought it on his own good la, but cfm got rich daddy supporting him one.

I have 2 frens like him, both v rich. 1 guy went to work 9-6 in a tech company, earning 4.5k/mth, he said his dad wanna boost his 'career' or 'wealth' but this friend dont want. He wants to start from bottom, dad gives him 4k a month (during uni) and even offer to buy him a BMW, turns down the car offer and stop taking allowance after he started working. mad respect honestly, his dad might just save the 4k in other bank and pass back to him eventually but him not taking the 4k rn is respectable.

Another friend went to join insurance i think, after getting his licenses 6months got MDRT liao now, last year i think TOT. I asked him eh how come u so good in closing etc etc he said, mostly his dad's friends (all quite wealthy de) buy from him cos the dad asked them to support him. He's quite down to earth , drives a E class (2nd hand) and dont spend alot on clothes/watches etc. He said to us he quite paiseh when he received those wards cos is not really his effort. and he also mentioned that even if ur dad is very rich, ownself cannot buy car or have 1/2 million in bank. Unless daddy gives u 10k a month since young. So end of the day still need connections one, i am sure Justin have that support, thats why he can 'afford' benz and have 1/2M. But see him defending himself when ppl commenting about his rich daddy.... haha ooooops

lolllll the last guy u talking about issit zehkor the guy who flex his tax statement on IG

Unregistered 14-09-2022 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229966)

Bro, his dad is eddiesng, some director well known in the industry. no wonder he also suffering from success (cfm got daddy assistance, i doubt the son is smart)

Unregistered 14-09-2022 09:58 AM

who is taijingan, justinsng, zehvier? Nvr heard of them in SIM-UOL leh

Unregistered 14-09-2022 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230259)
who is taijingan, justinsng, zehvier? Nvr heard of them in SIM-UOL leh

Not sure for J, but I know TJA and Zev from NUS. I also dk how their names popped out here.

TJA is NUS, notorious insurance agent u all shd be aware. Burden his project team members to tank everything while he busy outside hard-selling insurance. Go see his insta.. very cringe, very bad reputation in NS too. He was part of the NUS entrepreneur group but his previous business (watches) - just basically buying cheap and selling high.. stupid idea.

Zehvi is just some ****boy la. Go around sleeping with girls. He good looking and rich (cos daddy rich, heard his rich dad gave him BMW for enrolling into NUS?)

JSng i dk much about him. I used to follow his insta, always flex his benz or money one. dk him personally, just know he is a rich dad's son

Unregistered 14-09-2022 07:19 PM

But I'm only interested in SIM-UOL people leh.

Have any tea to spill abt famous SIM-UOL students not?

Unregistered 15-09-2022 05:16 PM

May I ask an honest question?

For those who are from SIM, UOL, RMIT, SUSS

Or those who have hired from these schools

Is there a tangible, palpable difference in quality?

Be it critical thinking skills, application

I have felt a difference, when compared to the more competitive local Uni courses

Unregistered 15-09-2022 06:23 PM

If jobscope with steep learning curve, yes local vs private uni difference will be very obvious.

For low value and repetitive jobs, not really

Unregistered 16-09-2022 11:10 PM

wah zehvier inurance agent meh? Only knew he was a rich guys kid turned tiktoker with his gf after the nus saga

Unregistered 20-09-2022 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230475)
wah zehvier inurance agent meh? Only knew he was a rich guys kid turned tiktoker with his gf after the nus saga

i think he was? He thinks he legit top class looks, in NUS always try to get into girls' pants. of course some went ahead thinking he good looking got money etc, but he just wanna **** and dump. see his saga b4? even the ME1 navy lady also got caught in his room b4 when shes attached back then. aiyooo maiyooooo. no idea why the OXQ still wanna be with him. those girls he slept with said his didi average nia, maybe is the money that counts

Unregistered 20-09-2022 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220975)
you say its cringe then you still follow them for fk?

sohai??? intentionally seek out sinkies to pwn? siao

mass apply to tech companies cos u trash lmfao keep mass applying kiddo

Type so much for what, when I make as much as ur 9-6 mummy and daddy combined. Maybe you urself also some FA trash. Probably some low tier staying in hdb or some cheap ec and spamming instagram for attention

Unregistered 23-09-2022 10:41 PM

sim uol degree is trash

graduated 2nd upper from sim uol, cannot find a job. I have been searching for 4 months already.

Unregistered 23-09-2022 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231074)
graduated 2nd upper from sim uol, cannot find a job. I have been searching for 4 months already.

Keep trying! The job market is pretty hot recently.

Unregistered 23-09-2022 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231075)
Keep trying! The job market is pretty hot recently.

Not for private uni grads LMFAO

Unregistered 24-09-2022 12:23 AM

Why do you say this? Do private unis not stand a chance?

Unregistered 24-09-2022 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230755)
Type so much for what, when I make as much as ur 9-6 mummy and daddy combined. Maybe you urself also some FA trash. Probably some low tier staying in hdb or some cheap ec and spamming instagram for attention

He's right tho like why do you care about these losers online?

I saw a few FA losers on tiktok, I just kept scrolling lol who cares.

Unregistered 24-09-2022 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231085)
Why do you say this? Do private unis not stand a chance?

its just much harder. its not no chance.

Unregistered 24-09-2022 11:28 AM

what do majority of private uni grads end up working in then? assuming SIM-UOL business degree holders? What's their average starting pay

Unregistered 24-09-2022 11:50 AM

now big 4 consulting alot of private uni grads alr lo. starting salary 4k

Unregistered 24-09-2022 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231107)
now big 4 consulting alot of private uni grads alr lo. starting salary 4k

waa big 4 consulting pay so high ah?

Unregistered 24-09-2022 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231108)
waa big 4 consulting pay so high ah?

Big 4 tech consulting starting salary 4k. Considered lowest in tech industry alr

Unregistered 24-09-2022 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231120)
Big 4 tech consulting starting salary 4k. Considered lowest in tech industry alr

Then why ppl wanna join big 4 tech consulting?

Unregistered 24-09-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231103)
what do majority of private uni grads end up working in then? assuming SIM-UOL business degree holders? What's their average starting pay

ard 3.2k for 2nd upper.

Unregistered 24-09-2022 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231155)
ard 3.2k for 2nd upper.

thanks for sharing. is this what u received? or based on survey?

what job / industry?

Unregistered 24-09-2022 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231159)
thanks for sharing. is this what u received? or based on survey?

what job / industry?

joined NCS, in IT sector.

Unregistered 24-09-2022 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231126)
Then why ppl wanna join big 4 tech consulting?

Why MANGA potential tech hires wanna join big 4 tech consulting? No they dont.

Why fintech potential tech hires wanna join big 4 tech consulting? No they dont.

Why bank potential tech hires wanna join big 4 tech consulting? No they dont.

Why public sector potential tech hires wanna join big 4 tech consulting? No they dont.

Why sweatshop potential tech hires wanna join big 4 tech consulting? No they dont.

As stated by the other poster, big 4 tech consulting is the lowest paid in the tech industry. The more appropriate question would be what kind of people wanna join big 4 tech consulting.

Unregistered 25-09-2022 11:45 AM

Don't be those nerds that only can study for fch but fail in interview to students with 3rd class honours

Unregistered 26-09-2022 12:31 PM

Well, might as well give a good example of a private uni grad here. I'm a fresh graduate (3rd class) from a private uni who got a 4.7k base with AWS, target bonus, and variable bonus hybrid work. A close friend fresh grad (2nd lower) also went to CS from EEE got 6.2k base with aws and variable bonus full WFH.

Really how well you do really depends on you in the end. How you sell yourself and how much you are willing to entertain some company **** is another.

Unregistered 26-09-2022 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231254)
Well, might as well give a good example of a private uni grad here. I'm a fresh graduate (3rd class) from a private uni who got a 4.7k base with AWS, target bonus, and variable bonus hybrid work. A close friend fresh grad (2nd lower) also went to CS from EEE got 6.2k base with aws and variable bonus full WFH.

Really how well you do really depends on you in the end. How you sell yourself and how much you are willing to entertain some company **** is another.

which company is paying 6.2k for fresh grad?