Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 25-06-2022 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223388)
Excuse me. Anything below $500k p.a. is mediocre.

Anything below 500k cash mediocre.

Unregistered 25-06-2022 08:44 PM

Sorry this posts about sim. How about suss? Any comments?

Unregistered 26-06-2022 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223393)
Under strat?

Even strat is not 8k.

Unregistered 27-06-2022 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223516)
Even strat is not 8k.

I cannot reveal because im scared of getting doxxed but I am earning 8K

Unregistered 29-06-2022 09:13 AM

aiya all money is hard earned money. better than uneducated retards scamming money. Dogs like Justin Wee and Benedict Le Kia Tong aka David Benson. Anybody knows these 2 chao retards?

Unregistered 29-06-2022 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223767)
aiya all money is hard earned money. better than uneducated retards scamming money. Dogs like Justin Wee and Benedict Le Kia Tong aka David Benson. Anybody knows these 2 chao retards?

No idea but you should go to jail for doxxing people.

Unregistered 30-06-2022 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223264)
Don't give up guys! I graduated in 2020 and I'm drawing 8k salary/mth as a consultant.

Some guy impersonated me, lol. I'm working at SEA as a consultant.

Unregistered 30-06-2022 07:48 PM

And what are you consulting on? :)

Unregistered 30-06-2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223984)
And what are you consulting on? :)

NDA bro. It's on the HR side, that's all that I can disclose.

Unregistered 03-07-2022 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223556)
I cannot reveal because im scared of getting doxxed but I am earning 8K

You don’t have AWS right?

Unregistered 03-07-2022 02:16 PM

200K PA or bust bro

Unregistered 03-07-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224338)
200K PA or bust bro

200k is small time bro

Unregistered 04-07-2022 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223818)
No idea but you should go to jail for doxxing people.

haha i know these 2 animals. maybe you are one of them or their close friends. stay low ;)

Unregistered 04-07-2022 06:36 PM

$20k. after grad become ang pai in sammyboy FL stable.

this kind of useless private degree grad also cannot find job for years.

Lucky i am a chio bu

Unregistered 06-07-2022 10:40 AM

getting 5.7k a month as a fresh grad. i was applying for other roles and got rejected. Then someone left so they contacted me cos maybe cannot find ppl, so ask me if i keen, told me i have to be prepared to work like 12 hrs a day... i dk worth or not. Now everyday 830am in office and 830pm leave office, insurance agents cfm laugh at me saying why not work 4hrs a day and earn 80-100k a year, or maybe they will teach me how to post on instagram telling the world i am working 'late' (not as late as them simi 12am 2am) still thankful i didnt join them or else i dk wtf i will be doing now, everyday just posting instagram to attract ppl to buy plans.

but end of the day, i got private degree, go out cfm <3.5k. so just suck it up

Unregistered 06-07-2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224582)
getting 5.7k a month as a fresh grad. i was applying for other roles and got rejected. Then someone left so they contacted me cos maybe cannot find ppl, so ask me if i keen, told me i have to be prepared to work like 12 hrs a day... i dk worth or not. Now everyday 830am in office and 830pm leave office, insurance agents cfm laugh at me saying why not work 4hrs a day and earn 80-100k a year, or maybe they will teach me how to post on instagram telling the world i am working 'late' (not as late as them simi 12am 2am) still thankful i didnt join them or else i dk wtf i will be doing now, everyday just posting instagram to attract ppl to buy plans.

Hi, I've been a lurker here for some time. Despite being a local uni degree holder, I honestly don't think graduating from local or private really makes a difference.

Anyway congrats on securing a job! The starting pay is pretty impressive in my opinion :) In your beginning years, just try your best to gain experience first, so just tahan the longer working hours for now :)

What did you major in during university? Which sector are you working in now? :)

Unregistered 09-07-2022 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224582)

What matters is how much you can earn in the long run. More importantly how much you have left every month regardless of your salary.

Unregistered 21-07-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223767)

yea i know these 2. 2 dogs one. esp ben le i will ****ing beat him up.

Unregistered 21-07-2022 11:32 AM

don't worry guys. UOL graduates are highly sought after, it's more famous than nus overseas.

Unregistered 25-07-2022 08:10 PM

UOL grads just apply to mnc, don't bother trying SMEs. a lot of them tried to lowball me with 3.5k.
MNC upfront with their offer, instantly gives 4.5k starting pay.

Unregistered 11-08-2022 11:47 AM

Hello guys so I have been looking at this thread for a while now but can’t help to post a reply here regarding my positive experience with Murdoch U, amidst all the negativity here about private u.

I grad in 2020 at the height of the inflation, landed a job only 6 moths after. My course is CS and Biz information sys. Starting pay was higher than expected (More than 4K for me). I am actually glad that I transferred from local U to private U, because you know what? Local U has its fair share of toxicity as well within the course you’re taking. But that’s not the reason why I switched. I switched because i wanted to experience adulthood quicker and actually take more ownership of my studies and work simultaneously due to family issues at home.

I am glad I did it and did well for my course.

To all private U students, just study hard and ignore the negativity and enjoy the days. You won’t know what’s coming in for you until you grad or about to grad.

Unregistered 11-08-2022 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227898)
Hello guys so I have been looking at this thread for a while now but can’t help to post a reply here regarding my positive experience with Murdoch U, amidst all the negativity here about private u.

I grad in 2020 at the height of the inflation, landed a job only 6 moths after. My course is CS and Biz information sys. Starting pay was higher than expected (More than 4K for me). I am actually glad that I transferred from local U to private U, because you know what? Local U has its fair share of toxicity as well within the course you’re taking. But that’s not the reason why I switched. I switched because i wanted to experience adulthood quicker and actually take more ownership of my studies and work simultaneously due to family issues at home.

I am glad I did it and did well for my course.

To all private U students, just study hard and ignore the negativity and enjoy the days. You won’t know what’s coming in for you until you grad or about to grad.

Sorry not inflation but pandemic HAHAHA dwelling too much about the inflation in recent months :p

Unregistered 24-08-2022 11:28 AM

oh, saw some hatred on FA in the earlier pages. time to add mine

waste of my time, applied for some data analyst role at AIA thru linkedin / career website etc, after interview waited for 1.5months then tell me no more role, ask me go fill in 'FA' job. then tell me what wanna be rich, wanna let money roll in for u, wanna this wanna that. Since I doing grab part time and making quite a bit, why not go try try and join these ppl.

Wapiang, go their office i feel so different and cringe. earliest in office to turn on the light also must post, latest to leave office also must post, do whatever meeting also must post. I got quite a bit followers de but idw to do such degrading ****, but they keep insisting me to post. (idw cos i know its annoying). Do what book review also post, share $ here and there, wtf is so toxic. even doctors/police/cleaners/certis dont do such things

girls say need to wear 'sexy' to meet clients so can close higher, guys say need to wear nice and show that u have good watches good wallet whatever **** so people can see some light in you. aiyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

And what impact here impact there, u just covering them for hospital bills and idk whatever ****, like that only. want impact go create some amazing app or become prison officer, join childhood educator or join NGO for charity etc??? end of the day it just boils down to money.

found a job liao starting next week, offering me 5.5k gross exc bonuses doing data analyst, hope wont be so jialat.

cancelled all my plans under a fren in AIA, he got mad and kpkb. aiya. whatever. hope nobody supports all these tards.

Unregistered 25-08-2022 10:37 AM

LOL! Same goes for me, back then I cant find a good job with good starting pay, went to AAG and l left after 1 month. Felt that there were many fake people, in meetings that lasted <20mins, they posted like they been through a lot but actually just using phone.

Left and join GE, very comfortable place. None uses instagram to post like crazy. Meetings always start at 10-1030 and ends around 1. Learn really alot and not those ******** kind like AAG. All fake one, say what learn about a, b, c then next moment forget.

Hit MDRT in 2.5 years, and been hitting MDRT every year ever since then. But I see the stigma that people have on FA, kinda feel sad. Its an honest work for me, I dont make cringey post or sell stupid plans that can earn me huge commission. Aside from that, I am also helping them to do market research analysis and apply it on my own broker account too, managed to hit at least 30-50% a year

Rmbed last year 1 agent from AIA was trying to close a guy and this guy approached me through a friend to double check. He showed me some convos saying the AIA guy was trashing GE plan, saying it was too ex and cover too little ( in fact the coverage was the same and GE price just cheaper by $30-$50 /yr ) ... and then that agent was telling the guy after reading my linkedin/company's website : this guy took almost 3yrs to hit MDRT and you wanna get from him? I took less than 8mths to hit MDRT etc etc ). Like... ? Ended up the guy got it from me.

This is the reason why FA gets so much hate. Sometimes I hate FA too, but sadly I am one of them.

Unregistered 25-08-2022 10:55 PM

Was Advertised some investment plans by some FA. Attended the online call and she was acting cute while tryna act like she knows the market as well. Ask her for her qualifications she come tell me diploma but it doesn't matter cos she hit MDRT and IDA that's why she dw to continue to uni before she continue to pitch her investment plan.

Little did she know I am a fully qualified CFA and see through all her bs

Unregistered 27-08-2022 09:50 PM

Kena poached by a few FA directors before. Typically they will say the good , like earning alot and stuff. Only a handful will be truthful to me by saying some will not make it. Got once, this director keep aggressively trying to get me on board. Talked all the good stuff only. never once mentioned about the bad.

Then ask me to fill in the employment form while i had to share screen over zoom. Very red flag leh. I told them i dont want and never reply anymore lol.

Unregistered 30-08-2022 02:39 PM

saw massive hate towards TJA. **** that dude. now in australia smlj mdrt conference. dk how many victims he made them sign some worthless plans

same goes rayson, flex $$ here and there. saw his **** on tiktok. my local U frens who knew him all claimed he did jack **** in group project. while they chionging he at other tables chionging hard-selling insurance. rabak guy. same goes to TJA, Nus frens said he did 5% of project but his instagram always posting ****. I saw similar posts few pages before. ( guess its real )

i just hope ppl just stop getting from these idiots and go support those genuine agents rather than all these ****ed up ones.

I am CFA certified, met 1 - 2 agents from AAG b4, walan all sprouting nonsense one. Wanted to buy some hospital plans and he told me AAG cheaper and what not, i went to check with a GE manager, and after analyzing the documents and numbers, GE is slightly cheaper (not much) and much better than AIA in terms of NCD etc, not really much but still got difference. like that also need to lie ?...

I was from GM, now in JP, making 13k right now. i started from 9k -> 10.5 -> 13. Graduated from UCL in finance, msc

flex? wtf i dont even flex ****, i work hard for my salary ( around 12-15hrs a day ), unlike TJA and Rayson, did jack **** and fake their nonsenses and coerce people to sign stupid plans

Unregistered 30-08-2022 03:03 PM

Hey, i saw some post regarding benedict le. I know I stupid but I lost 1k from this guy. And I see similar post and saw his post on scammersg.

Anyone is a victim?? Do approach me at bendickt00.

Met around 4 victims, one guy lost about 20k. But he has a rich dad, so 20k to him is just $200 lol

Unregistered 01-09-2022 10:40 PM

HAHAA Reading all these hate comments on FAs, ya screw them la. Knn now 1030pm I still in office, leaving at 11pm. Reach home 1145, then next day 730 report. Life of a bloody banker. but I dont post anything on insta story leh... haha all these AIA FAs.

And yea I heard about TJA, I 2 years apart also know that ignorant kid. Sell insurance until so infamous till my batch also know. Siao one that clown. Hope one day he tio cancelled, I will take my paycheck and flex at his dulan face. And the simi NUS entrepreneur program, aiya cringe la. No idea why even ask that TJA to host it when his watches stuff was just basically buying low and selling high scheme. Even psle kids can do that with normal sweets.

Then simi simple wallet book, say until like he wrote it when its everyone combined efforts - go online, copy basic investing fundaments and wholesale chunk everything inside with some nice design that's it. I managed to get a copy from a friend, so so only leh. Say until so good, I google also can find.

Even my juniors from his army unit also dulan and don't like him. Wa! So amazing that one kid can accumulate all these negative energy from people.

Unregistered 01-09-2022 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229461)
HAHAA Reading all these hate comments on FAs, ya screw them la. Knn now 1030pm I still in office, leaving at 11pm. Reach home 1145, then next day 730 report. Life of a bloody banker. but I dont post anything on insta story leh... haha all these AIA FAs.

And yea I heard about TJA, I 2 years apart also know that ignorant kid. Sell insurance until so infamous till my batch also know. Siao one that clown. Hope one day he tio cancelled, I will take my paycheck and flex at his dulan face. And the simi NUS entrepreneur program, aiya cringe la. No idea why even ask that TJA to host it when his watches stuff was just basically buying low and selling high scheme. Even psle kids can do that with normal sweets.

Then simi simple wallet book, say until like he wrote it when its everyone combined efforts - go online, copy basic investing fundaments and wholesale chunk everything inside with some nice design that's it. I managed to get a copy from a friend, so so only leh. Say until so good, I google also can find.

Even my juniors from his army unit also dulan and don't like him. Wa! So amazing that one kid can accumulate all these negative energy from people.

thxxx for spilling the tea

Unregistered 02-09-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229461)

haha oops someone sent me this page link. thanks for the kind sharing. same here. 1 year from his batch. almost everyone dislikes him. sometimes we supper his name always popped out. 1 guy said he tried to sell insurance to his mum/dad when they already got plans, and they not financially stable. sibeh low standard. and hearsay he did **** in projects too and just trying to hard sell insurance. i still dont get why stupid people will get from him till now. hes really a 2-face scum. of course there are other agents that are toxic but idw to say names since i dk whether true or not. but ya this TJA really trash.

and for his army i can say is 100% true. all the senior batch all hated him. even some of his OCS batch also disliked him. like really impressive how someone can attract and create so much hates.

i just hope that kid gets cancelled, or the AAG agency sees all these craps about him. nevertheless all these agencies see money only, dont bother seeing character and personality.

Unregistered 02-09-2022 02:09 PM

If your parents are willing

Would it be wiser to go aus/Uk straight?

Rather than doing it locally of course

Unregistered 02-09-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229501)
If your parents are willing

Would it be wiser to go aus/Uk straight?

Rather than doing it locally of course

Go aus lor. Most of my rich frens went aus, but dk go study or play. A few went UK.

My parents no rich, so I study SIMUOL and work at the same time. ;(

Unregistered 04-09-2022 02:07 PM

From Straits Time:

"The survey released on Tuesday (April 3) by the Committee for Private Education also found that the private school graduates earned median gross starting salaries of $2,650 a month, below the $3,400 for graduates of NUS, NTU and SMU. Post-NS polytechnic graduates took home $2,480 a month"

Unregistered 05-09-2022 12:11 AM

is SIT and SUSS on par with SIM-UOL?

how does this work? what's the ranking?

esp. when applying into civil service

also, how do recruiters (non-gvt) view these degrees?

thanks a lot!

Unregistered 05-09-2022 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229643)
is SIT and SUSS on par with SIM-UOL?

how does this work? what's the ranking?

esp. when applying into civil service

also, how do recruiters (non-gvt) view these degrees?

thanks a lot!

If you're thinking about going Civil/Public Service and/or GLCs, forget it. Unless you just want a very stable but LOW ceiling life, but just to clarify - there's totally nothing wrong with this.

For Private domain MNCs etc., so far I don't have any issues other than China MNCs where they're are just like SG government; ALOT of emphasis on your academics.

Each to his/her own, choose what best suits yourself.

Unregistered 06-09-2022 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229666)
If you're thinking about going Civil/Public Service and/or GLCs, forget it. Unless you just want a very stable but LOW ceiling life, but just to clarify - there's totally nothing wrong with this.

For Private domain MNCs etc., so far I don't have any issues other than China MNCs where they're are just like SG government; ALOT of emphasis on your academics.

Each to his/her own, choose what best suits yourself.

Where do most SIM-UOL grads go?

Where does the market absorb them to? My friends in nus/ntu arts & sciences are absorbed into the market into all areas, such as civil service, teaching, stat boards etc

So where does the market absorb SIM-UOL grads?

Unregistered 06-09-2022 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229739)

Where does the market absorb them to? My friends in nus/ntu arts & sciences are absorbed into the market into all areas, such as civil service, teaching, stat boards etc

Anywhere and everywhere I guess; just a matter of concentration level.

I myself working in Finance industry BO (Back Office).

Unregistered 06-09-2022 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229739)

Many become insurance agents and phv drivers.

Unregistered 07-09-2022 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229491)
haha oops someone sent me this page link. thanks for the kind sharing. same here. 1 year from his batch. almost everyone dislikes him. sometimes we supper his name always popped out. 1 guy said he tried to sell insurance to his mum/dad when they already got plans, and they not financially stable. sibeh low standard. and hearsay he did **** in projects too and just trying to hard sell insurance. i still dont get why stupid people will get from him till now. hes really a 2-face scum. of course there are other agents that are toxic but idw to say names since i dk whether true or not. but ya this TJA really trash.

and for his army i can say is 100% true. all the senior batch all hated him. even some of his OCS batch also disliked him. like really impressive how someone can attract and create so much hates.

i just hope that kid gets cancelled, or the AAG agency sees all these craps about him. nevertheless all these agencies see money only, dont bother seeing character and personality.

eh broooo all wanna bash him say his name la. TAI JING AN. HAHAHAHA send more hate!!! xiao gou one that cb. i rmbed in nus we all sitting down on a table talking cock, he suddenly self-invited himself to our table and talk cock, then suddenly the word insurance popped out. walao leh i trying to score a girl there to get her number ended up everyone all damn pekchek. like really his EQ fking low, his iq also fking low. better quit and go drive grab better