Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 29-01-2016 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78961)
Cannot be. LSE has a very stringent admission criteria. No way a NYP IT diploma grad can just apply and get in even if he comes from a rich family.

I won't be surprise. To my knowledge, there are kids like that. Rich family so don't need to work. Get job just to do something. I know someone similar. Major in something like Asian Studies and works in broadcasting. At the rate he is going on holidays and splurging, as seen on FB, I doubt he's relying solely on his 3k a month salary.

Yeah, sometimes I look at their FB with jealousy. Let's say, for example, I make 6k a month. Strive to do well, work 3 more hours a day, push myself. I still earn the same as him. Mine is 6k a month from my boss. His is 3k from his boss and 3k top up from parents.

Unregistered 29-01-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78964)
I won't be surprise. To my knowledge, there are kids like that. Rich family so don't need to work. Get job just to do something. I know someone similar. Major in something like Asian Studies and works in broadcasting. At the rate he is going on holidays and splurging, as seen on FB, I doubt he's relying solely on his 3k a month salary.

Yeah, sometimes I look at their FB with jealousy. Let's say, for example, I make 6k a month. Strive to do well, work 3 more hours a day, push myself. I still earn the same as him. Mine is 6k a month from my boss. His is 3k from his boss and 3k top up from parents.

This has nothing to do with rich kid or not. The world has no shortage of rich kids willing to splurge to buy a prestigious university certificate.

But top universities like LSE do have minimal standards even if you can afford the fees. Being rich helps to get in for sure, but I can't imagine how LSE will admit a polytechnic IT grad even if his dad is willing to pay.

Also rich kids work for fun, they tend to choose jobs which are fun. They don't go into a shiit hole like Citco working long hours doing repetitive boring transactional and customer service work.

Unregistered 29-01-2016 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78957)
s://.linkedin.com/in/nick-jin-wei-peh-80242059?authType=name&authToken=_cyI&trk=prof-sb-browse_map-photo

If Nick Peh really went to London to study for 4 years till 2011 and 5 years of working still stuck as ops analyst in Citco then he might as well go Bedok Reservoir jump.

this clown is a good negative learning example of how NOT to write your cv. want to exaggerate also must have limit, cannot up to a point to become totally unbelievable.

Unregistered 29-01-2016 10:23 PM

Well at least he tempered his exaggeration by listing the cr***y C from a poly and 2nd lower from SIM.

Unregistered 29-01-2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78976)
Well at least he tempered his exaggeration by listing the cr***y C from a poly and 2nd lower from SIM.

he probably doesnt even know what lse means. maybe to him it just sounds more sexxy than simply putting sim. if he had known he will remove the poly diploma from the cv.

Unregistered 03-02-2016 02:16 PM

geez.. there is no bach of science in LSE.

how i know? im a rich kid from LSE.

rich kids dont end up in ops. most of us get carried in on a chair to a FO client facing role.

why? because when i say im xx son, they will bank with me.

Unregistered 03-02-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78957)
s://.linkedin.com/in/nick-jin-wei-peh-80242059?authType=name&authToken=_cyI&trk=prof-sb-browse_map-photo

If Nick Peh really went to London to study for 4 years till 2011 and 5 years of working still stuck as ops analyst in Citco then he might as well go Bedok Reservoir jump.

i met nick few times before and exchange a few words in citco. we were in different teams - he struck me as a guy who just go through motion everyday and content to go along w/o sticking out. maybe a bit yaya papaya sometimes, but otherwise maybe its just a honest mistake. i never hear him telling others he is from prestigious uni or lse in real life.

Unregistered 03-02-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79242)
geez.. there is no bach of science in LSE.

how i know? im a rich kid from LSE.

rich kids dont end up in ops. most of us get carried in on a chair to a FO client facing role.

why? because when i say im xx son, they will bank with me.

When you want to go to the club and splurge to attract the chio bu's, does your Dad allow you to spend a few thousands on his credit card?

Unregistered 03-02-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79244)
i met nick few times before and exchange a few words in citco. we were in different teams - he struck me as a guy who just go through motion everyday and content to go along w/o sticking out. maybe a bit yaya papaya sometimes, but otherwise maybe its just a honest mistake. i never hear him telling others he is from prestigious uni or lse in real life.

Maybe you should ask him what uni he's from lol.

Unregistered 05-02-2016 05:18 PM

.linkedin.com/in/landa-ho-a60a2356?authType=name&authToken=7sBj&trk=prof-sb-browse_map-photo