Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 28-01-2016 09:51 PM

you SIM clowns want to know why you lot are so despised? Because of alumni of yours like the one here that blatantly put out 'LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS' on their linkedin when they are clearly in

S I M.

Yea LSE working in a 'hedge fund' aka CITCO aka SIM-UOL dumping ground. At least some clowns reference SIM in brackets or some sort of indication that it is a distance learning program. But this proud alumni of yours… I'm speechless

Jokes :)

s://.linkedin.com/in/nick-jin-wei-peh-80242059?authType=name&authToken=_cyI&trk=prof-sb-browse_map-photo

Unregistered 28-01-2016 10:03 PM

He's a loser and a fraud.

But so many people are like him. Why so pathetic?

Unregistered 28-01-2016 11:15 PM

Come on la. There are bad apples everywhere. Yes, there are idiots that blatantly put LSE in their linkedin, facebook and even on their resume. But not all of us are bad. There are some of us who are sincerely working hard with much lower pay than local uni grads. Yeah, we might not be as smart, I accept. But you shouldnt just brush all of us as liars. Not all of us are like that.

Unregistered 28-01-2016 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78908)
Come on la. There are bad apples everywhere. Yes, there are idiots that blatantly put LSE in their linkedin, facebook and even on their resume. But not all of us are bad. There are some of us who are sincerely working hard with much lower pay than local uni grads. Yeah, we might not be as smart, I accept. But you shouldnt just brush all of us as liars. Not all of us are like that.

Hey there. yea of course not generalising everyone here. just a few spoilt apples that really really irks the rest of us. It gets worse when they get all pissed and start going so and so did better then you local grads. Thats just downright f**king annoying.

But good luck to you and keep working hard. Good night to you :)

Unregistered 29-01-2016 08:27 AM

I'm a lawyer from a local university, first class Honours, just started work a year ago earning a starting salary of 7.5k. Most of my peers who managed to secure a job as a lawyer had starting salaries in the range of 5k. The catch is that many grads (even local Uni grads) are unable to secure a training contract to become a lawyer, especially those with second lowers.

I've also met someone (in an administrative job) who studied law in a private Uni and who puts "LLB (London)" when he signs off in his emails. Obviously, private Uni law students are not allowed to become Lawyers, but many still try to portray themselves as Lawyers. I wouldn't say that this is a private Uni or SIM thing, but it is a HUMAN thing. Humans like to seek affirmation from other people, I find myself doing it very often too. Whether you are a local grad or private grad it's the same. But of course, one should not deliberately mislead e.g by overstating your qualifications, grades, awards etc

Unregistered 29-01-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78914)
I'm a lawyer from a local university, first class Honours, just started work a year ago earning a starting salary of 7.5k. Most of my peers who managed to secure a job as a lawyer had starting salaries in the range of 5k. The catch is that many grads (even local Uni grads) are unable to secure a training contract to become a lawyer, especially those with second lowers.

I've also met someone (in an administrative job) who studied law in a private Uni and who puts "LLB (London)" when he signs off in his emails. Obviously, private Uni law students are not allowed to become Lawyers, but many still try to portray themselves as Lawyers. I wouldn't say that this is a private Uni or SIM thing, but it is a HUMAN thing. Humans like to seek affirmation from other people, I find myself doing it very often too. Whether you are a local grad or private grad it's the same. But of course, one should not deliberately mislead e.g by overstating your qualifications, grades, awards etc

I don't see how your entire first paragraph about your salary links to your point in your second paragraph.

Unregistered 29-01-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78932)
I don't see how your entire first paragraph about your salary links to your point in your second paragraph.

oops. A lawyer in his dream.

Unregistered 29-01-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78902)
you SIM clowns want to know why you lot are so despised? Because of alumni of yours like the one here that blatantly put out 'LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS' on their linkedin when they are clearly in

S I M.

Yea LSE working in a 'hedge fund' aka CITCO aka SIM-UOL dumping ground. At least some clowns reference SIM in brackets or some sort of indication that it is a distance learning program. But this proud alumni of yours… I'm speechless

Jokes :)

s://.linkedin.com/in/nick-jin-wei-peh-80242059?authType=name&authToken=_cyI&trk=prof-sb-browse_map-photo

Don't get so worked up lah. Any experienced HR or even someone who work long enough can smell this BS a mile away.

To use your eg on this Nick Jin guy, he might have fraudulently put down his academics as LSE, but to people who really matter his CV is a joke and instant giveaway.

There is no way a real LSE grad is going to end up doing clerical work in some never heard before electronics component company or an operations exec in an outsourcing firm like Citco.

The only people he's gonna con are some ignorant relatives or maybe the gf. Maybe he can get some fake ego boost, but by and large the reputation of LSE is not damaged in anyway as the people who matter in the professional field just laugh at this kind childish antics.

Unregistered 29-01-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78935)
Don't get so worked up lah. Any experienced HR or even someone who work long enough can smell this BS a mile away.

To use your eg on this Nick Jin guy, he might have fraudulently put down his academics as LSE, but to people who really matter his CV is a joke and instant giveaway.

There is no way a real LSE grad is going to end up doing clerical work in some never heard before electronics component company or an operations exec in an outsourcing firm like Citco.

The only people he's gonna con are some ignorant relatives or maybe the gf. Maybe he can get some fake ego boost, but by and large the reputation of LSE is not damaged in anyway as the people who matter in the professional field just laugh at this kind childish antics.

sometimes i wonder what ppl like him are trying to achieve? so lets say he manage to bluff through 1st round of cv screening at a hedge fund, then what? show them his 3k payslip with citco? then explain how his 3k admin job is relevant to designing algo modelling for hedge fund?

Unregistered 29-01-2016 12:56 PM

So unwise for anyone to misled! Just check their poly or A-level results should tell the whole story.