Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Old 27-12-2015, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't think you'll want to venture down the path to find out who has superior command of the English language. Your sentences are weakly structured, repetitive and riddled with grammatical errors. Let me guess, you are from the Faculty of Engineering?

A sense of entitlement coupled with your superiority complex also tells me you have not stepped into the corporate world. Good luck, you'll need it!
Hardly a living soul uses 'strong' or 'weak' to describe the adequacy of sentence structures; it is after all not the 'strength' but the 'quality' of the structures that is called into question, so 'bad' or 'poor' should instead be used.

But I digress.

Old 27-12-2015, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
There is nothing "out of whacked". The "doomed from day 1" statement is simply true. By not accepting that, you are simply living in denial.

There are some traits you can automatically assume from university alone. An NUS grad is going to be an all-rounder, an NTU grad is going to have a vibrant hall life and strong ccas, an SMU grad is going to be able to do presentations well.

What can you assume from an SIM grad? That he has already failed and seeking a second chance?

Like it or not, that is the truth. Nobody is saying SIM grads are totally useless. People only get irritated when SIM grads keep thinking they are on par with local uni grads. They are simply much weaker.

An MFA is for people who wants to do a career switch. Nobody cares about a guy doing MFA getting perfect GPA. Thats because nobody from a local uni who majored in business or econs needs to do an MFA. Your classmates in MFA is simply weak from the get go.
Yes, the day one statement is a fact. The very fact you're on this page reflects your self consciousness too.They are all facts.Let me put this out *If I was a local u grad I would not be wasting my time on this page but since that is not the case I will continue* There is nothing to debate about. Local u grads will always have the upper hand that is until they fall. People always fall and pick themselves up when they have realised they have.You will fall too and you know what I will do when you fall? I will leverage on your disadvantage and jump on your listless body.

People only get irritated when SIM grads keep thinking they are on par with local uni grads.
^
Looks like the only people who get irritated are local U grads so in order to fix that they have to come here and talk to a bunch of anons to prove their point.Very smart indeed! Yes Sir I agree with what ever you have said but telling people about your 2nd upper and achievements is doing what good on this page? Look into the mirror, the reflection you will see is supposed to be a gentleman with qualities of those of a leader's but thats not what I see here.Ranting about your achievements only reflects your concern. You're presence on this page reflects your fear,your anxiety,the necessity to obliterate the threat.
Private U grad a threat? How absurd I would say if I was a local Uni grad but I wouldn't be here if I was one because seriously you're joking right? But you're here to dance I guess :-/

Old 27-12-2015, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes, the day one statement is a fact. The very fact you're on this page reflects your self consciousness too.They are all facts.Let me put this out *If I was a local u grad I would not be wasting my time on this page but since that is not the case I will continue* There is nothing to debate about. Local u grads will always have the upper hand that is until they fall. People always fall and pick themselves up when they have realised they have.You will fall too and you know what I will do when you fall? I will leverage on your disadvantage and jump on your listless body.

People only get irritated when SIM grads keep thinking they are on par with local uni grads.
^
Looks like the only people who get irritated are local U grads so in order to fix that they have to come here and talk to a bunch of anons to prove their point.Very smart indeed! Yes Sir I agree with what ever you have said but telling people about your 2nd upper and achievements is doing what good on this page? Look into the mirror, the reflection you will see is supposed to be a gentleman with qualities of those of a leader's but thats not what I see here.Ranting about your achievements only reflects your concern. You're presence on this page reflects your fear,your anxiety,the necessity to obliterate the threat.
Private U grad a threat? How absurd I would say if I was a local Uni grad but I wouldn't be here if I was one because seriously you're joking right? But you're here to dance I guess :-/
This is gibberish and speaks for the quality of so-called grads from private universities. Did you even pass English at GCE O level?

Old 27-12-2015, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
This is gibberish and speaks for the quality of so-called grads from private universities. Did you even pass English at GCE O level?
This is not my English exam to prove my English to you. You see let's not get into whose English is better because since you're from a local u yours must "obviously" be better right it goes without saying but you see what I have realised when people aren't able to argue a point is that they hit the emergency button which is "Try to put down the other individual in any way possible" speaking about my English is one way so yeah sure go tell the world I have bad English because I can't care any less. My last post was full of humor and so is this and if you look at the time span between comments you would notice that local u grads(or you) are really fast to jump on people.Looks like you spend the day refreshing the page to see who comments lol So much insecurity? Why? I thought you're better,obviously you are I'm not saying you aren't but the fear kills doesn't it? Sure jump on me as often as you like but let me warn you I'm like a spring
Old 27-12-2015, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hardly a living soul uses 'strong' or 'weak' to describe the adequacy of sentence structures; it is after all not the 'strength' but the 'quality' of the structures that is called into question, so 'bad' or 'poor' should instead be used.

But I digress.
We have some dead writers here:

://.livewritethrive.com/2015/03/04/building-blocks-avoiding-weak-sentence-construction/

://classroom.synonym.com/weak-verb-sentence-structure-3208.html
Old 27-12-2015, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
This is not my English exam to prove my English to you. You see let's not get into whose English is better because since you're from a local u yours must "obviously" be better right it goes without saying but you see what I have realised when people aren't able to argue a point is that they hit the emergency button which is "Try to put down the other individual in any way possible" speaking about my English is one way so yeah sure go tell the world I have bad English because I can't care any less. My last post was full of humor and so is this and if you look at the time span between comments you would notice that local u grads(or you) are really fast to jump on people.Looks like you spend the day refreshing the page to see who comments lol So much insecurity? Why? I thought you're better,obviously you are I'm not saying you aren't but the fear kills doesn't it? Sure jump on me as often as you like but let me warn you I'm like a spring
The other guy never commented on this post and for the last post he commented in 7 minutes and now it's been over 20 minutes and he disappeared. Well of course that's going to happen when you hit the emergency button. The emergency button is like an eject button in a jet he ejected then how to fire missiles? LOL okay jokes aside
My local Uni friends if you do come here, please do give people constructive advice on job experiences or motivation which can help people. Don't sneer at individuals because it isn't gonna do anyone good. Don't be like the last guy who tried to jump on a spring lol

Old 27-12-2015, 02:23 AM
#1549 Poster

Quote:
I am the original post creator and I agree with the points you have refuted. The key point here is, how many actually do? The profile mentioned above is a typical SMU student, that's probably about 50% to 70% of the student population whereas someone of this profile at SIM would probably be 30% to 40% of the student population. By sheer numbers alone, a private grad will always be at a disadvantage which brings to the original last point - the culture. The fact that SIM is not as competitive as SMU, puts it as at significant disadvantage from day one. SMU students learn in a very cut-throat environment while SIM is much more laid-back, its something that is hard to change and considering that SIM takes in student of questionable calibre (Poly GPA less than 2.0 - seriously, I've been through poly and there's no excuse to get less than this), SIM will pretty much be at the lower end of the pecking order.
My point is, if you are smart and hardworking enough, there is hope.

This is the post which I was replying to:
"After reading this, i feel those who took their "private degree" @ PSB, MDIS, SIM & etc had just burn their money away.

Can anyone from "private degree" rebut this guy/gal?
It's kind of demoralizing to hear."

The person I replied to was demoralised and felt that private students asked for a rebuttal. I said "no". There is no need for a rebuttal. All that is said is mostly true (I expressed disagreement about the campus recruiting being a killer) and still there will surely be hope to do well as long as you ARE BETTER. (false dichotomy fallacy)

Then whether one is better is another story. I am not here to argue about that. If you suck, even if you go a local university nothing will come out of it.

People need to be FORWARD LOOKING. Failed to enter a local uni? Alright, now focus on becoming better. Of what point is it to debate what is already over? Does every student in a less reputable JC like YJC/IJC do worse than students from RIJC and HC ? No. There will be students from YJC/IJC scoring 90/90 A lvl rank points almost every year, and only 1/3 of RIJC and HC achieve that.

And I always stress my caveat "as long as you are better". There is no such thing as "doomed from day 1". Neither is does enrollment into a local university course promise a bright future.

General thoughts on the culture of this forum:
1) People need to be more open minded and accept the possibility that bright individuals with high potential slacked off in poly/JC, couldn't enter a local uni but still did better than local uni students in the end. Sure, only a small percentage of such people exist but they do exist. People are too quick to bash others the moment they hear that a private uni student did better. These people claiming high salaries after working for only a short span of time never said that this is a common outcome of students at their private school.

2) I find it hilarious that people are arguing about English. I aced A lvl GP. I'm a 4.0/4.0 gpa double degree local uni undergrad and the above is my standard of writing for an online forum. I have read forum posts that are written in better English. Does it mean that I am less intelligent than every one of those posters?
Old 27-12-2015, 08:29 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1549 Poster View Post

2) I find it hilarious that people are arguing about English. I aced A lvl GP. I'm a 4.0/4.0 gpa double degree local uni undergrad and the above is my standard of writing for an online forum. I have read forum posts that are written in better English. Does it mean that I am less intelligent than every one of those posters?
Probably. Thanks for telling us that SMU is all fluff and no substance as per the stereotype, Mr GP maestro.
Old 27-12-2015, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
The other guy never commented on this post and for the last post he commented in 7 minutes and now it's been over 20 minutes and he disappeared. Well of course that's going to happen when you hit the emergency button. The emergency button is like an eject button in a jet he ejected then how to fire missiles? LOL okay jokes aside
My local Uni friends if you do come here, please do give people constructive advice on job experiences or motivation which can help people. Don't sneer at individuals because it isn't gonna do anyone good. Don't be like the last guy who tried to jump on a spring lol
That is your SIMian logic.

Anyway the advice is simply not to go SIM and waste your parents' money.

Go to more reputable universities.

And if you cannot make it, go for those skillsfuture earn and learn schemes.

There are many ways to upskill yourself outside of SIM.

For those who already got a SIM cert, too bad. It is already done.
Old 27-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
That is your SIMian logic.

Anyway the advice is simply not to go SIM and waste your parents' money.

Go to more reputable universities.

And if you cannot make it, go for those skillsfuture earn and learn schemes.

There are many ways to upskill yourself outside of SIM.

For those who already got a SIM cert, too bad. It is already done.
How naive of you to assume I am from SIM, anyway it's irrelevant

So you think there are more opportunities outside the world of private degrees? Well please elaborate further to bolster your view. Give us at least 3 examples which can put private students on a higher ladder than they are now.

For those who already got a SIM cert, too bad. It is already done.[/QUOTE]

^
Yeah too bad for you competition is too high, so your presence here is to discourage people and limit your competition. Why so much insecurity?