Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 12-08-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179951)
No... Ops VP hardly start above 10k. Unless your friends are in tech.... If not no way.

They do actually (US BBs - ~ 11-12k). Unless you are someone with really low YOE but promote fast (high flyer)

Unregistered 12-08-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179955)
They do actually (US BBs - ~ 11-12k). Unless you are someone with really low YOE but promote fast (high flyer)

Bro.. I dont know where you got your info from. I am in US BB, not your high flyer, whether you believe it or not, yeary increment on average is 2-3%, promotion increment is 15% max. You start off non grad prog at 3.5k base, promote to senior analyst in year 3-4, promoted to avp in year 5-7, and VP in 7-10. The max I've gotten in bonus is 0.5 months with 1k USD Extra due to tax cuts for US banks, I've been here long enough to know the above, again, I am in ops not tech.

Unregistered 13-08-2021 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179964)
Bro.. I dont know where you got your info from. I am in US BB, not your high flyer, whether you believe it or not, yeary increment on average is 2-3%, promotion increment is 15% max. You start off non grad prog at 3.5k base, promote to senior analyst in year 3-4, promoted to avp in year 5-7, and VP in 7-10. The max I've gotten in bonus is 0.5 months with 1k USD Extra due to tax cuts for US banks, I've been here long enough to know the above, again, I am in ops not tech.

Can agree with this too. All these jokers and trolls who probably can't even step foot into a BB and throwing all these numbers out based on hearsay or other troll forummers

Unregistered 13-08-2021 01:17 AM

Got my degree from kaplan last year, but I managed to get offers from a french asset management, fintech startup, sembcorp and stat board in my recent job hunt.

I guess you just need to get your first job, grind harder and, everything will fall into place.

In case you are wondering, I have 5 years of experience now, in IT sector.

Just my 2 cents. All the best guys! Don’t give up! :)

Unregistered 13-08-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179964)

I am in a US bank as well. Your pointers don’t seem to refute mine — which is to say, VPs start of at 11k-12k unless you have lesser YOE but promote fast because you are a high flyer (eg 6 years from analyst to VP - I saw one class of grad programme which all got VP in 6 years apart from 1). Meaning to say, if you hit VP faster with say 6 YOE, your base will be slightly lower than someone who hit VP in say 8 years (start at ~11-12k). There’s no AVP in my bank. Given that you have provided a range (which is somewhat accurate for a typical direct hire grinder), I doubt you are a VP yet, but do correct me if I’m wrong. Bonuses range from 0.5-3months in ops, but I would say avg is 1-1.5. If you are getting 0.5 it means your team/you are not delivering.

Unregistered 13-08-2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179995)
I am in a US bank as well. Your pointers don’t seem to refute mine — which is to say, VPs start of at 11k-12k unless you have lesser YOE but promote fast because you are a high flyer (eg 6 years from analyst to VP - I saw one class of grad programme which all got VP in 6 years apart from 1). Meaning to say, if you hit VP faster with say 6 YOE, your base will be slightly lower than someone who hit VP in say 8 years (start at ~11-12k). There’s no AVP in my bank. Given that you have provided a range (which is somewhat accurate for a typical direct hire grinder), I doubt you are a VP yet, but do correct me if I’m wrong. Bonuses range from 0.5-3months in ops, but I would say avg is 1-1.5. If you are getting 0.5 it means your team/you are not delivering.

Ur bank sounds like jpm, and his bank sounds like Citibank.

Unregistered 13-08-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179995)

You are prolly in JPM or GS which could explain the difference. I was in one of those with AVP as a title. But I left in year 6 and moved into s&t.

Unregistered 14-08-2021 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180031)
You are prolly in JPM or GS which could explain the difference. I was in one of those with AVP as a title. But I left in year 6 and moved into s&t.

Lateral move? If not how did you make the switch? Am curious.

Unregistered 17-08-2021 08:24 PM

SIM UOL Degree Classification

Anyone knows the Degree classification of the honours degree in SIM UOL?

Is the below correct?

First Class Honours 70 - 100
Upper Second Class Honours 60 - 69
Lower Second Class Honours 50 - 59
Third Class Honours 40 - 49
Pass 34 - 40
Fail 0 - 33

Unregistered 17-08-2021 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180276)

Is the below correct?

Pass 34 - 40
Fail 0 - 33

There's no third class honours. 40-49 is pass. Below 40 is a fail.

Unregistered 18-08-2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180288)
There's no third class honours. 40-49 is pass. Below 40 is a fail.

I know of someone who recently graduated in 2021 from SIM UOL and received a Third Class Honours.

Kikikaka 18-08-2021 05:22 PM

Believe in yourself

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164547)
But the problem is can't even pass the initial filtering stage. Like they filter out the resumes with SIM word inside

Not true, I am from UOL (FCH) and got an offer at OCBC. As long as you do well for the interview and have ample knowledge, there is a chance.

Unregistered 19-08-2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kikikaka (Post 180324)
Not true, I am from UOL (FCH) and got an offer at OCBC. As long as you do well for the interview and have ample knowledge, there is a chance.

So who did you know inside that "recommended" you in?

Unregistered 19-08-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180431)

So with an UOL degree, you can only enter a local bank with an internal referral? Did not know that.

Unregistered 20-08-2021 07:13 AM

Don’t be childish. There are SIM-UOL alumni in big MNCs too. From AWS to Bloomberg to JPM to Visa to MasterCard to other local banks (BOS, DBS etc). They are the cream of the crop ofc. Most, if not all on that list do not have connections (standard route either converted from summer internship or got through rigorous rounds of graduate program hiring).

Unregistered 20-08-2021 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180491)
Don’t be childish. There are SIM-UOL alumni in big MNCs too. From AWS to Bloomberg to JPM to Visa to MasterCard to other local banks (BOS, DBS etc). They are the cream of the crop ofc. Most, if not all on that list do not have connections (standard route either converted from summer internship or got through rigorous rounds of graduate program hiring).

Agree..Some MNCs do also rely heavily on hiring internally or referral. The last resort will then be hiring externally.

kikikaka 20-08-2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180431)

No one recommended me in, I saw the job listing on career sites.

Unregistered 20-08-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180494)
Agree..Some MNCs do also rely heavily on hiring internally or referral. The last resort will then be hiring externally.

Exactly thats why confirm is not by own effort totally agree

Unregistered 20-08-2021 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180615)
Exactly thats why confirm is not by own effort totally agree

You are really damn dense lol. Most internal hirings are for experienced hires, not for fresh grad positions. And by hiring internally, it means internal transfers.

Unregistered 21-08-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180276)

Is the below correct?

Pass 34 - 40
Fail 0 - 33

SIM UOL should not have the ‘pass’ tiering anymore.

Fail - Below 40

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Unregistered 21-08-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180643)
SIM UOL should not have the ‘pass’ tiering anymore.

Fail - Below 40

Correct me if I’m wrong.

It should be a fail by default for everything below second lower. If you can't even get second lower at a degree mill like SIM you don't deserve a degree.

Unregistered 21-08-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180647)
It should be a fail by default for everything below second lower. If you can't even get second lower at a degree mill like SIM you don't deserve a degree.

Look at this guy. So bothered with SIM. Relax la, you cmi in the workplace ah?

Unregistered 21-08-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

**** you, our degree is accredited at London, its the exact same one that is taken there, doesn't matter if we take in sg, its the exact same one, its jus save money only.

its comparable to our top 3 uni smu nus ntu sutd.

it is reconised.

Unregistered 21-08-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Degree mill? You can try and see if you can get first class. xD

Unregistered 21-08-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180674)
Degree mill? You can try and see if you can get first class. xD

Stop clowning around, even the average second lower in NUS can cruise to first class in SIM

Unregistered 21-08-2021 04:21 PM

Don’t get so easily triggered by trolls… their goal is to get a kick out of your reaction and waste your time.

If you reply to them, you’ve lost.

Unregistered 21-08-2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180682)
Stop clowning around, even the average second lower in NUS can cruise to first class in SIM

That's kinda true, study no study fch is a given in sim

Unregistered 22-08-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180729)
That's kinda true, study no study fch is a given in sim

Yea very true, it's just to churn out a degree for them since they have paid the fees

Unregistered 22-08-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180669)
**** you, our degree is accredited at London, its the exact same one that is taken there, doesn't matter if we take in sg, its the exact same one, its jus save money only.

it is reconised.

So delusional hahaha

Unregistered 22-08-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

it is reconised.

Comparable? Continue to kid yourself. Got starting pay as high as us? Dont give examples of others if you ownself cannot make it.

sinkingfeeling 22-08-2021 10:29 PM

Quote:

it is reconised.

It's true, I pat myself on the back all the time for saving money and getting a degree that's high in demand across all industries. :(

Unregistered 22-08-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

it is reconised.

You can’t even spell recognised?

Unregistered 22-08-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180848)
Comparable? Continue to kid yourself. Got starting pay as high as us? Dont give examples of others if you ownself cannot make it.

Put your linkedin profile leh “elitist”. We compare starting salary lah. I SIM-UOL nia, don’t need scared one. Get real a bit, why hide behind screen? :(

Honestly can’t begin to describe how many jealous local uni students there are these days as more private uni students break into F500 grad programs. Love how they are getting so bothered though hehe

sinkingfeeling 22-08-2021 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180854)
You can’t even spell recognised?

We private uni students/grads cannot make it to local uni, of course our sperring is tellible hollible vegitable :(

sinkingfeeling 22-08-2021 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180856)
Put your linkedin profile leh “elitist”. We compare starting salary lah. I SIM-UOL nia, don’t need scared one. Get real a bit, why hide behind screen? :(

Honestly can’t begin to describe how many jealous local uni students there are these days as more private uni students break into F500 grad programs. Love how they are getting so bothered though hehe

It's true, my local uni grad siblings are so jellis of me :(

Unregistered 22-08-2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Most of the local uni students here are beh kan lah.

sinkingfeeling 22-08-2021 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180860)
Most of the local uni students here are beh kan lah.

Don't forget the beh kan private uni losers like me :(

Unregistered 22-08-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

noticed the same also. dk y recently so many local uni students so concerned with sim. probably cuz of traineeships as well ahahah

Unregistered 23-08-2021 01:36 AM

Why local Uni grads never try stat boards?
Haiyooo y come here fight for traineeships n put down others

Unregistered 01-10-2021 09:18 PM

study private uni or not top 3 uni might as well don\'t study for fk, waste of money and time LOL. be cleaner also better