Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 23-11-2015 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75691)
Hi i'm a local uni grad, i work in a bulge bracket middle office drawing 4.7K and i think i win all the pte uni students because i'm earning more and i'm in BB. Do i like my job? nope.. LOL.. its just a dog job supporting the trading desk. but yeah, sim sucks because u guys earn less than me doing the same thing. lol song bo

At the end of the day you are just a ****ing ******* dog employee

Unregistered 24-11-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75695)
Really matured conversation going on here. Just goes to show these clowns are all on the same level no matter local or non-local grads.

Grow up boys, time to get some work done.

Nothing's stopping them from having staged it all; you must be a simpleton or part of the show.

Unregistered 24-11-2015 10:15 PM

lets get back to the topic and regain some maturity:

im from sim-uol
econs n mgmt
2:2
with NS
current job: at a ministry (non-finance/economic related)
starting pay in 2015: $33xx + various allowances

Unregistered 24-11-2015 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75799)
lets get back to the topic and regain some maturity:

im from sim-uol
econs n mgmt
2:2
with NS
current job: at a ministry (non-finance/economic related)
starting pay in 2015: $33xx + various allowances

what role is it? no offense, but i'm surprised that an SIM 2:2 can get a ministry position.

Unregistered 24-11-2015 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75801)
what role is it? no offense, but i'm surprised that an SIM 2:2 can get a ministry position.

Its a non-finance/economic related ministry.

The lower tier ministries do accept sim candidates.

In most cases, it is more difficult to get into the stat boards than the ministries. Unless you are talking about policy or special roles, which simians are just not considered.

Unregistered 24-11-2015 10:35 PM

im the sim 2:2 guy. i don't want to reveal too much abt my position but i deal with operations, programmes and welfare in my ministry. quite far off from my degree, but happy with my job scope and job satisfaction is quite good. also pay-wise, better than the 1 private sector offer i received.

Unregistered 24-11-2015 11:35 PM

Quote:

3 obvious give-aways.

1) sim-uol is not a recognized degree in civil service (different from unisim). ministries are not allowed to offer MX12 scheme to them. no such thing as "lower tier" ministry can break the rules. (wtf is a lower tier ministry anyway?)

2) ministry does not offer allowance (only claims), much less "various allowances" for program & welfare freshie job.

3) there is no such degree as "econs and mgt" in either unisim or sim-uol

Unregistered 25-11-2015 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75808)
3 obvious give-aways.

1) sim-uol is not a recognized degree in civil service (different from unisim). ministries are not allowed to offer MX12 scheme to them. no such thing as "lower tier" ministry can break the rules. (wtf is a lower tier ministry anyway?)

2) ministry does not offer allowance (only claims), much less "various allowances" for program & welfare freshie job.

3) there is no such degree as "econs and mgt" in either unisim or sim-uol

im the sim-uol guy.

1) it is. i have 1 unisim and 1 sim-uol colleague, both mx12. i am a mx13 though because im a fresh grad, and but if all goes well, should be mx12 within 2 years.

2) they do. depending on what ministry you are in, especially if you are doing field work.

3) ://.simge.edu.sg/gePortalWeb/appmanager/web/default?_nfpb=true&_st=&_pageLabel=pgCourseDetails &contentID=SIM001907

Unregistered 25-11-2015 01:31 AM

://.simge.edu.sg/gePortalWeb/appmanager/web/default?_nfpb=true&_st=&_pageLabel=pgCourseDetails &contentID=SIM001907

Unregistered 25-11-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Simple matter of demand of supply. They can't bring in FTs for these roles. I have friends with 2:2 joining the uniformed groups as SOs. 10 years ago this was unheard of. same goes for the ministries.