SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay - Page 146 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1451 (permalink)  
Old 20-11-2015, 01:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
im from skybridge and i can categorically state that we do not have sim in our cap markets team.

majority of the FO folks are overseas Ivys or LSE - i mean the real one.

we have plenty of sim i suppose, this im not sure since i dont work in back office, but likely doing settlements or back office support roles.

i know the guy who books my trades is from sim. how i know? cause he told me he was from LSE too (im from LSE). but apparently we went to diferent campus - one in clementi and the other in houghton
Yup, that's the kind of profile I expect from someone doing real investments work.

Maybe you can see who's the SIM dude doing interviews in your coy.. And tell him to stfu about his nonsense.

Reply With Quote
  #1452 (permalink)  
Old 20-11-2015, 01:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yup, that's the kind of profile I expect from someone doing real investments work.

Maybe you can see who's the SIM dude doing interviews in your coy.. And tell him to stfu about his nonsense.
there isnt.

just walked around the floor. its a small place. we dont have a large trading floor.

unless hes from HR.

Reply With Quote
  #1453 (permalink)  
Old 20-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

SIM UOL passing himself off as LSE???? That's to be expected.

Didn't he say he is in the capital markets team? Ask him to show himself lei.

Reply With Quote
  #1454 (permalink)  
Old 20-11-2015, 01:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dude. you are wrong.

met a sim who failed o lvl - that is unable to qualify for ITE kind even. have to repeat.

his mother put him in sim pre-uni, and he completed the course after 4yrs.

btw, i prefer SIM-pson. sim-bian sounds weird
Symbian is what they are. Old, slow and irrelevant. They desperately need to look beyond paper qualifications and find what they're good in - and fast.
Reply With Quote
  #1455 (permalink)  
Old 20-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
im from skybridge and i can categorically state that we do not have sim in our cap markets team.

majority of the FO folks are overseas Ivys or LSE - i mean the real one.

we have plenty of sim i suppose, this im not sure since i dont work in back office, but likely doing settlements or back office support roles.

i know the guy who books my trades is from sim. how i know? cause he told me he was from LSE too (im from LSE). but apparently we went to diferent campus - one in clementi and the other in houghton
Best. Comment. Ever.
Reply With Quote
  #1456 (permalink)  
Old 20-11-2015, 04:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So many petty people here. So what if sim grads exaggerate or lie abt from LSE in their cv? Lots of people put fake experience on what they do anyway, its just standard wayang for recruitment. Sounds like a few local uni grads here cannot grow up and sore & jealous about others just because they too scared & obedient to bend the rules.
Reply With Quote

  #1457 (permalink)  
Old 20-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So many petty people here. So what if sim grads exaggerate or lie abt from LSE in their cv? Lots of people put fake experience on what they do anyway, its just standard wayang for recruitment. Sounds like a few local uni grads here cannot grow up and sore & jealous about others just because they too scared & obedient to bend the rules.
Only SIMians and Indian Uni grades need to do that, because they lack real skills and qualifications.

Please do not confuse committing fraud with being ''streetwise''.
Reply With Quote
  #1458 (permalink)  
Old 20-11-2015, 07:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So many petty people here. So what if sim grads exaggerate or lie abt from LSE in their cv? Lots of people put fake experience on what they do anyway, its just standard wayang for recruitment. Sounds like a few local uni grads here cannot grow up and sore & jealous about others just because they too scared & obedient to bend the rules.
Seems like you got it wrong, little SIMian. The petty and butthurt ppl are SIMians like you who cant face the truth about how "amazing" your beloved uni is and pls, only SIMians with a lack of integrity need to resort to lying about their non existent CVs
Reply With Quote
  #1459 (permalink)  
Old 20-11-2015, 10:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Let's put it this way. If I were hiring someone and he/she was upfront that he was from SIM, I will still consider. Depends on whether I like what I see in the CV, how the interview went and how I think he will perform.

If he puts it in his CV that he's from LSE but turns out to be from SIM in the interview, his chances will go out the window right there and then.

Lack of integrity is the biggest put off.
Reply With Quote
  #1460 (permalink)  
Old 20-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Let's put it this way. If I were hiring someone and he/she was upfront that he was from SIM, I will still consider. Depends on whether I like what I see in the CV, how the interview went and how I think he will perform.

If he puts it in his CV that he's from LSE but turns out to be from SIM in the interview, his chances will go out the window right there and then.

Lack of integrity is the biggest put off.
I absolutely agree with this. Putting yourself down as LSE when you're from LSE-Clementi shows how much you're lacking in integrity. Nothing wrong with SIM but be honest plz.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
sim, starting pay, uol

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starting pay for fresh grad? k3vin Income and Jobs 19 30-03-2018 01:39 AM
Fresh Grad with Masters starting salary in banking Novice Income and Jobs 18 09-02-2016 08:57 PM
Fresh Engineering Grad want to switch to Banking rampa001 Income and Jobs 53 17-09-2011 10:42 AM
Fresh Grad working as software engineer earning 10k/month megasoma Income and Jobs 7 28-07-2011 10:23 AM
Starting pay for fresh uni grad with partial acca geeokleiv Income and Jobs 0 13-06-2011 11:57 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,519 Replies, 1,004,773 Views
Software developers salary outlier ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,619 Views
Part-time Higher NITEC in...
2 Replies, 1,902 Views
Allied educator scheme
2 Replies, 663 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 6,898 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,960 Replies, 1,816,070 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,017 Replies, 1,160,587 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
149 Replies, 39,934 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,910 Replies, 6,032,487 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,109 Replies, 3,888,345 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,055 Replies, 282,930 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,462 Replies, 2,051,607 Views
How Much Do You Need to Earn... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 18,498 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
125 Replies, 92,264 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,674 Replies, 1,373,036 Views
Advantages
3 Replies, 1,310 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 17,933 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,726 Replies, 3,177,889 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,054 Replies, 835,185 Views
Credit Suisse - IB Academy
0 Replies, 90 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,802 Replies, 1,182,177 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
363 Replies, 125,829 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
425 Replies, 277,652 Views
HSBC Graduate Programme 2021 ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 3,384 Views
singapore Pools
1 Replies, 3,697 Views
advice pls
4 Replies, 253 Views
SEA Limited
3 Replies, 715 Views
Volunteering as a civil/public...
0 Replies, 187 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
147 Replies, 54,945 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2