Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 20-11-2015 09:46 AM

Are you a f_ucking joke?

I did an internship at Blackrock, what the f_uck is $15B AUM? LMFAO. It's the gulf between SIM and any decent school. You're really in your own world, sim clown.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75473)
And I suspect you're actually from SIM.

Their use of language is extremely obvious. And no local uni undergrad actually has time to worry about private uni undergrads as they are also in their own world of CCAs and deadlines.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 11:59 AM

I am still waiting for proof of any banking hotshot or top management from MNC that actually come from SIM. All smoke & mirrors about a "friend" from SIM who made it big. Name & co. & linkedin profile? Zero.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75518)
I am still waiting for proof of any banking hotshot or top management from MNC that actually come from SIM. All smoke & mirrors about a "friend" from SIM who made it big. Name & co. & linkedin profile? Zero.

Maybe for a small start you can try searching that dude from Skybridge Capital.. Lol. Most professionals have a presence on linkedin anyway.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75519)
Maybe for a small start you can try searching that dude from Skybridge Capital.. Lol. Most professionals have a presence on linkedin anyway.

What for? Likely another smokes-and-mirrors grad from SIM.

Unregistered 20-11-2015 12:27 PM

Google toilet cleaner and Skybridge capital ah?

Unregistered 20-11-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75522)
Google toilet cleaner and Skybridge capital ah?

Nah, I said "professionals"... Try Skybridge Capital and Admin Executive maybe?

Unregistered 20-11-2015 01:01 PM

im from skybridge and i can categorically state that we do not have sim in our cap markets team.

majority of the FO folks are overseas Ivys or LSE - i mean the real one.

we have plenty of sim i suppose, this im not sure since i dont work in back office, but likely doing settlements or back office support roles.

i know the guy who books my trades is from sim. how i know? cause he told me he was from LSE too (im from LSE). but apparently we went to diferent campus - one in clementi and the other in houghton

Unregistered 20-11-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75489)
I do not ''answer'' to any SIMbian. I did not ''reply'' to you because you are obviously a SIMbian trying to pass off as an NUS grad. It's so obvious that it is pathetic.

No local uni grad seriously gives a **** between your UOL, RMIT, Wolloongong or yes, Unisim. They are all the same class - cannot make it class. I know of GPA 2.5 Republic Polytechnic (gasp!) graduates that got into Unisim. Only Unisim ppl will use the ''oh only Unisim is government recognised'' argument. The SIM GE and other private uni disagree, and local uni dun give a **** about arguments between losers.

I know it is very difficult for a SIMbian to get As in Polytechnic, but ask the poly grads now studying in local uni. Poly is so easy that it's a bad joke. That's probably because they need to be dumbed down so that idiots like you can pass and go out and work and be a productive member of society. But yet, you refuse to do so and go on to lower the standards of smart working adults in SIM, which is the real purpose behind its government recognition anyway.

dude. you are wrong.

met a sim who failed o lvl - that is unable to qualify for ITE kind even. have to repeat.

his mother put him in sim pre-uni, and he completed the course after 4yrs.

btw, i prefer SIM-pson. sim-bian sounds weird

Unregistered 20-11-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75524)
im from skybridge and i can categorically state that we do not have sim in our cap markets team.

majority of the FO folks are overseas Ivys or LSE - i mean the real one.

we have plenty of sim i suppose, this im not sure since i dont work in back office, but likely doing settlements or back office support roles.

i know the guy who books my trades is from sim. how i know? cause he told me he was from LSE too (im from LSE). but apparently we went to diferent campus - one in clementi and the other in houghton

Yup, that's the kind of profile I expect from someone doing real investments work.

Maybe you can see who's the SIM dude doing interviews in your coy.. And tell him to stfu about his nonsense.