Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Old 08-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbi3 View Post
They do. My cousin got rejected. I was quite shock though. Thought their barrier of entry is low.
dont resemble bart or any of the others.

not a pure simpson.

fail looks test - not suitable to be a cartoon.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Never knew SIM actually rejects anyone.
had a friend from sec sch.

the guy failed his o lvls. only 4 passes mostly C6s. he took 8 papers of course.

cant enter poly. ITE only option.

he went to SIM to do "pre-u" for 2yrs.

completed sim, proud holder of a fake cert like most people here after 5yrs in sim, i think from uol.

tell me, how to rej. btw. he failed multiple papers in sim too. but paying student, will never be kicked out.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

Agreed. Former UOL student here. When i made my first payment, they welcomed me into the school with open arms. I was treated to lion dance and buffet catering. After the lion dance performance and food, i was being 'lifted' while on a chair, to my potential classrooms just for viewing pleasure. The SIM head of academics carried me on the left, UOL programme head on the right. If SIM were a plane, i was in first class.

Quote:
had a friend from sec sch.

the guy failed his o lvls. only 4 passes mostly C6s. he took 8 papers of course.

cant enter poly. ITE only option.

he went to SIM to do "pre-u" for 2yrs.

completed sim, proud holder of a fake cert like most people here after 5yrs in sim, i think from uol.

tell me, how to rej. btw. he failed multiple papers in sim too. but paying student, will never be kicked out.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

I can't believe how bitter some people are.

I sincerely hope that all you twats get to work under a UOL-grad boss such as myself. That would be the ultimate loss of dignity for those of you who already have such low self esteem.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Agreed. Former UOL student here. When i made my first payment, they welcomed me into the school with open arms. I was treated to lion dance and buffet catering. After the lion dance performance and food, i was being 'lifted' while on a chair, to my potential classrooms just for viewing pleasure. The SIM head of academics carried me on the left, UOL programme head on the right. If SIM were a plane, i was in first class.
Everyone knows your not a SIM student.

So don't talk ****.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Everyone knows your not a SIM student.

So don't talk ****.
Dude.. lol. i'm a uol grad from year 2013. If people outside SIM thinks the school is ****, so be it. Whats the fuss about? Its really about how much money you get paid when you work. I have no issues with people laughing at UOL/SIM/LSE CLEMENTI, why? Because I'm earning a sum more than most of my local uni friends, not all, but most.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dude.. lol. i'm a uol grad from year 2013. If people outside SIM thinks the school is ****, so be it. Whats the fuss about? Its really about how much money you get paid when you work. I have no issues with people laughing at UOL/SIM/LSE CLEMENTI, why? Because I'm earning a sum more than most of my local uni friends, not all, but most.
So then if that's the case,mind sharing your secret? If Sim grads would earn more than their local peers it would be a laughing stock for those in better universities.

I've always thought SIM students anyway have an advantage over local grads because tell me as an employer yourself wouldnt you rather pay your stuff lower and have a reason for it? employers have a perfect excuse to pay SIM students lower.Unless a guy gets a job in a reputable company which doesn't differentiate their employees based on their qualifications it doesn't make a difference because frankly speaking how many such companies are there?The only reason why foreigners are getting jobs more easily is not because their smarter it's because they know their in no position to be too "picky" and it's like they have to serve NS in a more indirect way and their willingness reflects their hatered for their previous habitat.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Some people here are obviously feeling very bitter, prob thought their yaya papaya local U degree is big f***, but end up earning less than a SIM graduate.
hence all these bullsh**t talk about how SIM is not considered proper degree etc ... yawnz
Old 09-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
So then if that's the case,mind sharing your secret? If Sim grads would earn more than their local peers it would be a laughing stock for those in better universities.

I've always thought SIM students anyway have an advantage over local grads because tell me as an employer yourself wouldnt you rather pay your stuff lower and have a reason for it? employers have a perfect excuse to pay SIM students lower.Unless a guy gets a job in a reputable company which doesn't differentiate their employees based on their qualifications it doesn't make a difference because frankly speaking how many such companies are there?The only reason why foreigners are getting jobs more easily is not because their smarter it's because they know their in no position to be too "picky" and it's like they have to serve NS in a more indirect way and their willingness reflects their hatered for their previous habitat.
I joined a GLC in 2005 as a freshie out of UOL. This GLC was transitioning out of its civil service roots and hence there were still many similarities in hiring procedures back then. They paid freshies based on honors, NS/no-NS and did not differentiate between which uni you grad from. This, I think was due to an enlightened HR SVP with very broad experience working in SG and overseas.

Hence, a male non-local 1st class hons grad such as I ended up earning more than some female local 2nd upper grads.

Source: fact.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Hi, there is no secret. I think by now its common sense to build your relationships as much as possible, and be deluded enough to think you can make it (even when in actual fact you are not). I joined an SWF upon graduation, with bonuses hitting up to 6months in 2014. Right now i have left and am in a much better place of course. The degree really doesn't matter, whenever you get called up for an interview with a top firm, it represents a chance, whether you grab that opportunity is another matter. So what happens if you get no interviews? and you are jobless after graduating from a pte uni like SIM? Request for internship, part time jobs in the sector you want. If it is a big company, you can even offer to work for free. I think the reason why is self-explanatory. You need to get out and be in the industry in order to be valued more than a typical fresh graduate. If you really want it, you'll do whatever it takes to get there.