SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay - Page 116 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1151 (permalink)  
Old 29-08-2015, 11:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Harrow is the PSLE champion that failed ever since?
Yeah exactly.He claims to be in ucl now in UK. Lol

Reply With Quote
  #1152 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2015, 01:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They did. From their own brochure:

High Employability
SIMís University of London graduates have consistently
demonstrated high employability according to SIMís annual
Graduate Employment survey. The survey on the Class of 2013
showed 89.7% of respondents were gainfully employed in their
first full-time job within six months after their final examination.
The average monthly salary was S$2,719.


They dun publicise cause simply cannot compete.

And its funny how ppl say local uni lecturer cannot make it.

Maybe its true, but u know who teaches UOL in clementi?

Local polytechnic lecturers and UOL graduates.

Ownage.

the uol programme is a distance learning programme that doesn't require teachers. it is meant to be distance learning, you are provided with the textbooks, syllabus, notes, and perhaps some other materials from the university. you can study in the toilet if you want to. maybe you are not intelligent enough to learn yourself and figure things out yourself but many are.

it is similar to the psle, o, a levels. it doesn't matter if you self-study in your toilet, go to bishan park secondary or catholic high. the only thing that matters is the psle/o/a level certificate. an incompetent and dull catholic high guy may fail while the intelligent guy who studies in his toilet may get straight as.

ditto for the cat, cfa, ielts, gre, sat, etc tests.

so what, now your village ass is going to call the psle/o/a levels as 'private' lousy qualifications as well?

once again, where are the notable alumnis of the local universities if their teaching is so good? in fact, where is the truly notable/world class research that changed the world produced by a singaporean??

zero. nil. zilch.

they have absorbed the top 30% of each cohort (so they do have good material to begin with), processed them, and turned them into...what? people who can't speak/write/reason/solve problems (can only memorise and repeat answers for exams) and compete with the best in the world? or people who would rather go and work in an mnc for a 'stable income'?

look at the list of world-changing alumnis of the uol external programme (we don't want to include the entire uol full-time/part-time list because that would be truly astounding).

the uol is world class. i am pretty sure if you go to tokyo, new york or australia, your uol external degree would be regarded as equal to an nus degree by most employers.

kudos to nus and ntu for ranking high (by getting foreigners to publish for them). it benefits all singaporeans. but, like i said, where are the prominent world-changing alumnis? or even world-changing research/inventions?

i will look at another world class uni in asia, the uni of tokyo. according to wikipedia, they have had something like 8 nobel prize winners who are alumnis. i won't include all the world renowned businessmen, inventors, chemists, physicists and all the world-changing research/inventions the university produced.

the uni of tokyo takes in the same number of students annually as nus.

so, where are the great thinkers, great businessmen, world-changing research, great intellects from the local universities?

Kishore Mabuni and Goh Chok Tong.

WOW. I am so impressed by the high and mighty local universities.

Reply With Quote
  #1153 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2015, 04:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the uol programme is a distance learning programme that doesn't require teachers. it is meant to be distance learning, you are provided with the textbooks, syllabus, notes, and perhaps some other materials from the university. you can study in the toilet if you want to. maybe you are not intelligent enough to learn yourself and figure things out yourself but many are.

it is similar to the psle, o, a levels. it doesn't matter if you self-study in your toilet, go to bishan park secondary or catholic high. the only thing that matters is the psle/o/a level certificate. an incompetent and dull catholic high guy may fail while the intelligent guy who studies in his toilet may get straight as.

ditto for the cat, cfa, ielts, gre, sat, etc tests.

so what, now your village ass is going to call the psle/o/a levels as 'private' lousy qualifications as well?

once again, where are the notable alumnis of the local universities if their teaching is so good? in fact, where is the truly notable/world class research that changed the world produced by a singaporean??

zero. nil. zilch.

they have absorbed the top 30% of each cohort (so they do have good material to begin with), processed them, and turned them into...what? people who can't speak/write/reason/solve problems (can only memorise and repeat answers for exams) and compete with the best in the world? or people who would rather go and work in an mnc for a 'stable income'?

look at the list of world-changing alumnis of the uol external programme (we don't want to include the entire uol full-time/part-time list because that would be truly astounding).

the uol is world class. i am pretty sure if you go to tokyo, new york or australia, your uol external degree would be regarded as equal to an nus degree by most employers.

kudos to nus and ntu for ranking high (by getting foreigners to publish for them). it benefits all singaporeans. but, like i said, where are the prominent world-changing alumnis? or even world-changing research/inventions?

i will look at another world class uni in asia, the uni of tokyo. according to wikipedia, they have had something like 8 nobel prize winners who are alumnis. i won't include all the world renowned businessmen, inventors, chemists, physicists and all the world-changing research/inventions the university produced.

the uni of tokyo takes in the same number of students annually as nus.

so, where are the great thinkers, great businessmen, world-changing research, great intellects from the local universities?

Kishore Mabuni and Goh Chok Tong.

WOW. I am so impressed by the high and mighty local universities.
Knn sho tempting troll bait siol
Nope moi rot going chu fall for it

Reply With Quote
  #1154 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No point arguing how prestigious or how recognized is the uol distance learning program. I only believe it is truly marketable if the external law program can be accepted for admission to the Bar. All the support from the uol distance learning grads are pretty useless if the Singapore Bar cannot recognize it. I can only hope that my wish can come true.
Reply With Quote
  #1155 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No point arguing how prestigious or how recognized is the uol distance learning program. I only believe it is truly marketable if the external law program can be accepted for admission to the Bar. All the support from the uol distance learning grads are pretty useless if the Singapore Bar cannot recognize it. I can only hope that my wish can come true.
If Universities like Leeds,Manchester,Sheffield,Exeter was removed from the bar then no doubt kings,Bristol,Nottingham will be next and after that you know what? LSE,Cambridge,Oxford and then finally they won't even recognise Harvard anymore.So if you're not from NUS or SMU law then your not a lawyer.

Only time will tell.
Reply With Quote
  #1156 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

UniSIM will have own law school lah.

Just not UOL.
Reply With Quote

  #1157 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If Universities like Leeds,Manchester,Sheffield,Exeter was removed from the bar then no doubt kings,Bristol,Nottingham will be next and after that you know what? LSE,Cambridge,Oxford and then finally they won't even recognise Harvard anymore.So if you're not from NUS or SMU law then your not a lawyer.

Only time will tell.


Don't utter nonsense! Cambridge and Oxford are a league on its own. The rest Lse, Kings and Ucl entry requirements are around Nus level. Min of law is much wiser than you can imagine.
Reply With Quote
  #1158 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2015, 11:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
UniSIM will have own law school lah.

Just not UOL.

This one also will have limited space but high demand from working adults - difficult to get in. Uol is my only hope.
Reply With Quote
  #1159 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't utter nonsense! Cambridge and Oxford are a league on its own. The rest Lse, Kings and Ucl entry requirements are around Nus level. Min of law is much wiser than you can imagine.
15 years back would you have imagined law schools like Leeds,Manchester,Exeter would be removed from the bar? I doubt it.
Reply With Quote
  #1160 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
15 years back would you have imagined law schools like Leeds,Manchester,Exeter would be removed from the bar? I doubt it.
This statement I agree. Fast forward today, is not totally unexpected in view of the sheer number of law undergrads in UK as opposed to the limited no of training contracts available plus the strong demand to read law in our two local unis. Anyway, the academic grade requirement of Smu is higher than these three unis.

I can only hope that in the near future these three UK schools plus uol distance learning degree can be considered for admission to the Singapore Bar subject to meeting the required grades plus maybe relevant work experience.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
sim, starting pay, uol

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starting pay for fresh grad? k3vin Income and Jobs 27 28-04-2021 10:29 AM
Starting pay for fresh uni grad with partial acca geeokleiv Income and Jobs 131 27-01-2021 10:41 PM
Fresh Grad with Masters starting salary in banking Novice Income and Jobs 18 09-02-2016 08:57 PM
Fresh Engineering Grad want to switch to Banking rampa001 Income and Jobs 53 17-09-2011 10:42 AM
Fresh Grad working as software engineer earning 10k/month megasoma Income and Jobs 7 28-07-2011 10:23 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,267 Replies, 2,415,081 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
439 Replies, 161,951 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,799 Replies, 848,013 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,149 Replies, 255,967 Views
Official 2022 Retrechment thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
86 Replies, 9,220 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,148 Replies, 6,450,457 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,178 Replies, 857,577 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 159,429 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,157 Replies, 568,858 Views
Open Government Products (under... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,312 Views
2022 Full time/Summer internship... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 2,490 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,776 Replies, 961,733 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
464 Replies, 242,506 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,221 Replies, 8,920,546 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,619 Replies, 3,505,848 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,064 Replies, 2,937,752 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
514 Replies, 143,080 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,060 Replies, 376,891 Views
Alibaba
1 Replies, 284 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,603 Replies, 2,027,230 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 79,323 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
231 Replies, 252,912 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
457 Replies, 457,428 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,972 Replies, 1,924,326 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 70,273 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,613 Replies, 3,097,797 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
957 Replies, 632,302 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,133 Replies, 298,094 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,300 Replies, 708,785 Views
ByteDance / TikTok ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 4,126 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2