Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Old 29-08-2015, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Harrow is the PSLE champion that failed ever since?
Yeah exactly.He claims to be in ucl now in UK. Lol

Old 31-08-2015, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
They did. From their own brochure:

High Employability
SIM’s University of London graduates have consistently
demonstrated high employability according to SIM’s annual
Graduate Employment survey. The survey on the Class of 2013
showed 89.7% of respondents were gainfully employed in their
first full-time job within six months after their final examination.
The average monthly salary was S$2,719.

They dun publicise cause simply cannot compete.

And its funny how ppl say local uni lecturer cannot make it.

Maybe its true, but u know who teaches UOL in clementi?

Local polytechnic lecturers and UOL graduates.

Ownage.

the uol programme is a distance learning programme that doesn't require teachers. it is meant to be distance learning, you are provided with the textbooks, syllabus, notes, and perhaps some other materials from the university. you can study in the toilet if you want to. maybe you are not intelligent enough to learn yourself and figure things out yourself but many are.

it is similar to the psle, o, a levels. it doesn't matter if you self-study in your toilet, go to bishan park secondary or catholic high. the only thing that matters is the psle/o/a level certificate. an incompetent and dull catholic high guy may fail while the intelligent guy who studies in his toilet may get straight as.

ditto for the cat, cfa, ielts, gre, sat, etc tests.

so what, now your village ass is going to call the psle/o/a levels as 'private' lousy qualifications as well?

once again, where are the notable alumnis of the local universities if their teaching is so good? in fact, where is the truly notable/world class research that changed the world produced by a singaporean??

zero. nil. zilch.

they have absorbed the top 30% of each cohort (so they do have good material to begin with), processed them, and turned them into...what? people who can't speak/write/reason/solve problems (can only memorise and repeat answers for exams) and compete with the best in the world? or people who would rather go and work in an mnc for a 'stable income'?

look at the list of world-changing alumnis of the uol external programme (we don't want to include the entire uol full-time/part-time list because that would be truly astounding).

the uol is world class. i am pretty sure if you go to tokyo, new york or australia, your uol external degree would be regarded as equal to an nus degree by most employers.

kudos to nus and ntu for ranking high (by getting foreigners to publish for them). it benefits all singaporeans. but, like i said, where are the prominent world-changing alumnis? or even world-changing research/inventions?

i will look at another world class uni in asia, the uni of tokyo. according to wikipedia, they have had something like 8 nobel prize winners who are alumnis. i won't include all the world renowned businessmen, inventors, chemists, physicists and all the world-changing research/inventions the university produced.

the uni of tokyo takes in the same number of students annually as nus.

so, where are the great thinkers, great businessmen, world-changing research, great intellects from the local universities?

Kishore Mabuni and Goh Chok Tong.

WOW. I am so impressed by the high and mighty local universities.

Old 31-08-2015, 04:19 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
the uol programme is a distance learning programme that doesn't require teachers. it is meant to be distance learning, you are provided with the textbooks, syllabus, notes, and perhaps some other materials from the university. you can study in the toilet if you want to. maybe you are not intelligent enough to learn yourself and figure things out yourself but many are.

it is similar to the psle, o, a levels. it doesn't matter if you self-study in your toilet, go to bishan park secondary or catholic high. the only thing that matters is the psle/o/a level certificate. an incompetent and dull catholic high guy may fail while the intelligent guy who studies in his toilet may get straight as.

ditto for the cat, cfa, ielts, gre, sat, etc tests.

so what, now your village ass is going to call the psle/o/a levels as 'private' lousy qualifications as well?

once again, where are the notable alumnis of the local universities if their teaching is so good? in fact, where is the truly notable/world class research that changed the world produced by a singaporean??

zero. nil. zilch.

they have absorbed the top 30% of each cohort (so they do have good material to begin with), processed them, and turned them into...what? people who can't speak/write/reason/solve problems (can only memorise and repeat answers for exams) and compete with the best in the world? or people who would rather go and work in an mnc for a 'stable income'?

look at the list of world-changing alumnis of the uol external programme (we don't want to include the entire uol full-time/part-time list because that would be truly astounding).

the uol is world class. i am pretty sure if you go to tokyo, new york or australia, your uol external degree would be regarded as equal to an nus degree by most employers.

kudos to nus and ntu for ranking high (by getting foreigners to publish for them). it benefits all singaporeans. but, like i said, where are the prominent world-changing alumnis? or even world-changing research/inventions?

i will look at another world class uni in asia, the uni of tokyo. according to wikipedia, they have had something like 8 nobel prize winners who are alumnis. i won't include all the world renowned businessmen, inventors, chemists, physicists and all the world-changing research/inventions the university produced.

the uni of tokyo takes in the same number of students annually as nus.

so, where are the great thinkers, great businessmen, world-changing research, great intellects from the local universities?

Kishore Mabuni and Goh Chok Tong.

WOW. I am so impressed by the high and mighty local universities.
Knn sho tempting troll bait siol
Nope moi rot going chu fall for it

Old 31-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

No point arguing how prestigious or how recognized is the uol distance learning program. I only believe it is truly marketable if the external law program can be accepted for admission to the Bar. All the support from the uol distance learning grads are pretty useless if the Singapore Bar cannot recognize it. I can only hope that my wish can come true.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 31-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
No point arguing how prestigious or how recognized is the uol distance learning program. I only believe it is truly marketable if the external law program can be accepted for admission to the Bar. All the support from the uol distance learning grads are pretty useless if the Singapore Bar cannot recognize it. I can only hope that my wish can come true.
If Universities like Leeds,Manchester,Sheffield,Exeter was removed from the bar then no doubt kings,Bristol,Nottingham will be next and after that you know what? LSE,Cambridge,Oxford and then finally they won't even recognise Harvard anymore.So if you're not from NUS or SMU law then your not a lawyer.

Only time will tell.
Old 31-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

UniSIM will have own law school lah.

Just not UOL.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
If Universities like Leeds,Manchester,Sheffield,Exeter was removed from the bar then no doubt kings,Bristol,Nottingham will be next and after that you know what? LSE,Cambridge,Oxford and then finally they won't even recognise Harvard anymore.So if you're not from NUS or SMU law then your not a lawyer.

Only time will tell.

Don't utter nonsense! Cambridge and Oxford are a league on its own. The rest Lse, Kings and Ucl entry requirements are around Nus level. Min of law is much wiser than you can imagine.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
UniSIM will have own law school lah.

Just not UOL.

This one also will have limited space but high demand from working adults - difficult to get in. Uol is my only hope.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Don't utter nonsense! Cambridge and Oxford are a league on its own. The rest Lse, Kings and Ucl entry requirements are around Nus level. Min of law is much wiser than you can imagine.
15 years back would you have imagined law schools like Leeds,Manchester,Exeter would be removed from the bar? I doubt it.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
15 years back would you have imagined law schools like Leeds,Manchester,Exeter would be removed from the bar? I doubt it.
This statement I agree. Fast forward today, is not totally unexpected in view of the sheer number of law undergrads in UK as opposed to the limited no of training contracts available plus the strong demand to read law in our two local unis. Anyway, the academic grade requirement of Smu is higher than these three unis.

I can only hope that in the near future these three UK schools plus uol distance learning degree can be considered for admission to the Singapore Bar subject to meeting the required grades plus maybe relevant work experience.