Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 25-08-2015 01:16 PM

Hey guys I have recently graduated from SIM UOL with a 2:1 Management degree and so I was thinking would it be a good idea to enrol into another degree program at SIM UOL like maybe accounting&Finance or banking&Finance to maybe improve my job prospects? Since they have this graduate route program which would let a person enter into another degree and graduate in just 2 years.Do you think this idea will give me an upper hand in the job industry?
I don't mind investing the time and money if I can get better job prospects.

Unregistered 25-08-2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71949)
Hey guys I have recently graduated from SIM UOL with a 2:1 Management degree and so I was thinking would it be a good idea to enrol into another degree program at SIM UOL like maybe accounting&Finance or banking&Finance to maybe improve my job prospects? Since they have this graduate route program which would let a person enter into another degree and graduate in just 2 years.Do you think this idea will give me an upper hand in the job industry?

Emphatic no.

Unregistered 25-08-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

You having problems finding jobs with your management degree?

Unregistered 25-08-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71950)
Emphatic no.

Why not? 3 Majors is better than one major.Why do people do engineering degree and do MBA if it's not going to improve their job prospects?

Unregistered 25-08-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71953)
Why not? 3 Majors is better than one major.Why do people do engineering degree and do MBA if it's not going to improve their job prospects?

Many reasons e.g. he is doing at the same uni(so doesn't help networking), the majors are related(so doesn't really improve his skillset), waste 2 years plus money etc...
For MBA i guess it's for the network or to move into managerial roles?

Unregistered 25-08-2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Don't waste time being unpaid. If you want to take another degree, do it part time while working. Else you will regret it big time when you graduate from your second degree. Your total earnings will be far behind others even if you have a higher starting salary.

UOL Guy 25-08-2015 06:16 PM

Taking another UOL degree would be a horrendous idea dude. Why not take the fp then sqp program if you are interested in accounting

Unregistered 25-08-2015 07:43 PM

I was thinking UniSIM part time but I don't understand why they have to drag their programs to 4 years for working adults.Anyway thanks a lot guys.

Unregistered 27-08-2015 02:02 AM

SIAO EH!!

XIONG DI MEN. MAI SIO PAK. RELAC AH. Why fight here fight there.

Ok, hi. In all seriousness, looking for some advice lei. Local uni, SIM peeps, industry sexperts please chip in.

I'll keep it brief. SIM-UOL graduate got results this year, FCH in Accounting & Finance. Haven't bothered to find job yet. YOLO till end of this year first. No worry, be happy!

Wana find job, for FCH A&F normally starting pay how much? Talking about SME those kind. 3k asking too much not? Best if can work PT only, 1 week work 3 time. Wa shiok, like that don't expect 3k la, but wonder if have those kind of accounts job?

TIA huh. Spoon feed me a bit. Still got some months to think, lepak, then maybe find job. If not, lepak somemore.

PEACE! xoxo muah! #nohomo
(My question is serious 1 k!)

Unregistered 27-08-2015 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UOL Guy (Post 71973)
Taking another UOL degree would be a horrendous idea dude. Why not take the fp then sqp program if you are interested in accounting

Not specifically interested in Accounting but interested in various shortcuts to enhance the CV.There's this one particular program which seems appealing which is systems analysis graduate diploma offered by NUS.It's a 13 month program.I've always had a slight curiosity for programming so I think this is a perfect opportunity to get a glimpse of the IT world and also widen the angle of career options.Does anyone know about this program and can share your thoughts/experiences?

Also since I have a 2:1 management degree from SIM UOL,will I be able to qualify for their graduate diploma program? (They welcome students from all fields to apply even without any relevant knowledge in coding but I don't know if they accept UOL degrees)