Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 06-08-2015 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71076)
errrrrr.. unaccredited distance learning programme to a masters? only if its distant learning again.

don't bother trying for nus even. my friends who work there on the masters programme received a couple of deluded SIM going in so proud yaya papaya with their SIM degree asking to apply.

immediate rejection.

FAQ :

Do you know SIM offers scholarship programs to LSE?
Yes.

Do you know LSE is more reputable than NUS?
Yes.

Have you heard of SIM grads getting into Oxbridge programs?
Yes.

Have you seen that 1st class SIM graduate's reply to the very quote you replied to?
If no,then you're blind.

Then why you waste your time misguiding people?
Because I'm stupid and jobless in the real world.

It's okay to admit your failures. Quote : "Nobody's perfect" ~ SIM Clown.

Unregistered 06-08-2015 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71085)
I grad from local uni. PA 163k (aft tax) own a condo and thinking of changing to sls.

Yeah and I own Coca-Cola.Hahahaha

Unregistered 06-08-2015 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;71095]FAQ :

Yes. Wake up, all unis offer scholarship programmes to other unis. that's IF you qualify. and LSE does not accept SIMs

Yes. SO?

Yes. Wow. they open to janitors now?

Have you seen that 1st class SIM graduate's reply to the very quote you replied to?
If no,then you're blind. 1st class SIM? does it even matter what class you get? after all its just a pseudo uni with poor standards

Unregistered 06-08-2015 10:06 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;71099]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71095)
FAQ :

Yes. Wake up, all unis offer scholarship programmes to other unis. that's IF you qualify. and LSE does not accept SIMs

Yes. SO?

Yes. Wow. they open to janitors now?

If no,then you're blind. 1st class SIM? does it even matter what class you get? after all its just a pseudo uni with poor standards

relax man, like I said earlier, NUS masters don't even accept SIM as a proper uni. this deluded guy even quoted LSE?

btw, I graduated from LSE. and I find it amusing that I have support staffs in my firm saying they graduated from the same uni as me, even asking me if I know mr xxx who lectures for xxx module. then I asked which year were they in, it all fell apart.

Unregistered 06-08-2015 10:48 AM

I can't believe how delusional sim kids are. You aren't an LSE grad, a UOL grad, you're from SIM, ohmygawd.

Unregistered 06-08-2015 11:32 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;71100]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71099)

relax man, like I said earlier, NUS masters don't even accept SIM as a proper uni. this deluded guy even quoted LSE?

btw, I graduated from LSE. and I find it amusing that I have support staffs in my firm saying they graduated from the same uni as me, even asking me if I know mr xxx who lectures for xxx module. then I asked which year were they in, it all fell apart.

Hahahahahaha. What a joke. I'm not here to say whether SIM is good or not, but when you're a SIM-LSE graduate who studied locally you jolly well better know that's different from a LSE graduate who studied in London. Don't xia suay yourself by making such comments to LSE graduates.

Unregistered 06-08-2015 11:39 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;71107]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71100)

Hahahahahaha. What a joke. I'm not here to say whether SIM is good or not, but when you're a SIM-LSE graduate who studied locally you jolly well better know that's different from a LSE graduate who studied in London. Don't xia suay yourself by making such comments to LSE graduates.

few facts:

1. LSE has no distant learning tie ups. LSE is a prestigious university in London, one of the best in the world. its Econs and Finance programmes are ranked even better than Oxbridge in the UK.

2. in the UK, there is a university and under the university, there are schools. UOL is the main administrative body for Kings College, LSE, Imperial. unlike the Singapore model, UOL is actually pretty crappy, hence, although you can study at UOL, you wont unless your grades really suck. most would go to LSE for biz/econs, Kings for engineering etc. degrees are issued by the schools, not uni.

3. only UOL has tie ups with distant learning programmes like SIM. hence, there is no SIM-LSE. only SIM-UOL. please be clear. LSE is one of the top universities in the world, and I graduated from LSE. pls do not say you studied in London with LSE if you studied at SIM.its an insult to LSE students. and also, LSE lecturers are mostly nobel doctorates, they DO NOT lecture in Singapore with SIM. pls be clear.

Unregistered 06-08-2015 12:19 PM

Some of these so call SIM grads are really too much. I can understand the need to exaggerate a little when socializing with friends / relatives or during interviews. But come on, people usually exaggerate 1 or 2 notch up, not whack to ridiculous levels like saying you are from a world top economics school when all you did was a private part time degree in Singapore.

That's like a POSB bank teller trying to imply that he is the banker involved with a mutli billion merger and acquisition of a mega MNC. You guys might think this sort of BS will help in your interview, but to any experienced HR you just look like a clown who doesn't even know how to lie properly.

Unregistered 06-08-2015 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;71100]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71099)

You graduated from their UG or PG program?

Unregistered 06-08-2015 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;71110]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71100)

You graduated from their UG or PG program?

econs undergrad.