Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS ACE Programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/14706-dbs-ace-programme.html)

Unregistered 26-08-2022 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228745)
I asked the HR if the given base salary is negotiable and she said since it is a grad programme, so it is fixed. And she tried to comfort me saying that there might have increment in the future based on your performance. And yeah, the offer that i got does not exceed 5.5, hope it helps.

Thanks for the information:) I am over 30 yrs old and just switched career to data science. I am just wondering if it is possible for ACE to pay me higher than fresh graduates since I have a higher previous drawn even though not in data science or computing. DBS rejected me 2 months after the onboarding email for my payslip though:(. Also I find it weird why ACE pays significantly lower than SEED.

Unregistered 27-08-2022 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229058)
Thanks for the information:) I am over 30 yrs old and just switched career to data science. I am just wondering if it is possible for ACE to pay me higher than fresh graduates since I have a higher previous drawn even though not in data science or computing. DBS rejected me 2 months after the onboarding email for my payslip though:(. Also I find it weird why ACE pays significantly lower than SEED.

SEED, ACE and GA Ops are programs for fresh grads or those with less than 2 YOE.

So no, you cannot negotiate pay. Also ACE pays the same as SEED, 5.5k. What do you mean by "significantly lower?" The only program that pays lower is GA Ops, 4.5k to 4.8k negotiable.

You most likely got rejected because you have too much YOE.

Unregistered 29-08-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229064)
SEED, ACE and GA Ops are programs for fresh grads or those with less than 2 YOE.

So no, you cannot negotiate pay. Also ACE pays the same as SEED, 5.5k. What do you mean by "significantly lower?" The only program that pays lower is GA Ops, 4.5k to 4.8k negotiable.

You most likely got rejected because you have too much YOE.

Thanks for the information and reply! I asked cause previous chats in this thread have pple saying ACE pays 4.5-4.8k. I guess i can only hope to join DBS through direct or hack-to-hire as experienced hire.

Unregistered 13-11-2022 11:48 AM

May I know, how are the technical rounds for the ACE. Do the questions in rounds include data structures and algorithms, or is it focused on ML/AI?

Unregistered 13-11-2022 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229222)
Thanks for the information and reply! I asked cause previous chats in this thread have pple saying ACE pays 4.5-4.8k. I guess i can only hope to join DBS through direct or hack-to-hire as experienced hire.

no stress. got into ACE 12 years non relevant experience, 1 year relevant experience.

so its non relevant experience that matters

Unregistered 13-11-2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229064)

What if fresh grad but with more than 2 YOE? The line is blurry for people who work before going uni

Unregistered 14-11-2022 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229222)

No problem.

Whoever said that is flat out wrong. I can tell you that much. DBS ACE and SEED are both in the same track with same pay and progression. It's only GA ops that's different and that's because it's a different market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234755)
May I know, how are the technical rounds for the ACE. Do the questions in rounds include data structures and algorithms, or is it focused on ML/AI?

No idea, last I heard it was a hackathon like SEED just that it's more python / graph data demonstration, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234768)
What if fresh grad but with more than 2 YOE? The line is blurry for people who work before going uni

I think you are misunderstanding what YOE means.

For all jobs that requires at minimum a degree, YOE refers to YEars of Experience AFTER you graduate.

Your internships, whatever startup you worked on, whatever online remote business or sales you did while you were a university student does NOT count as YOE.

I hope that clears it up.

1. So if you're a fresh grad ( graduated a year or less ago, anything more and you are not a fresh grad by US standards )
2. You are not a fresh grad ( You graduated in 2020 but worked 1 year 11 months )

These two scenarios, you will qualify for DBS ACE, SEED, GA Ops.

Unregistered 25-11-2022 08:43 PM

has anyone attended the interview or been invited for an interview?

Unregistered 26-11-2022 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235770)
has anyone attended the interview or been invited for an interview?

just went 3 weeks ago

Unregistered 26-11-2022 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235789)
just went 3 weeks ago

When did you apply or complete the assessment ?