Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Constituency Manager (People Association) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1466-constituency-manager-people-association.html)

inf 29-09-2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146342)
Why is she a CM after 5 - 10 years? Is there no career progression as CM? How many grades are there in a CM title? What is the pay range if u could ask her. Thanks!

Career progression as a CM depends not only on one's capabilities from what I understand. The other factor at play seems to be the presence of other higher-ranking colleagues serving in the same constituency. I cannot confirm this 100%, but based on my impressions and what I have heard, it seems to be a quota-based thing, where if the person above you does not leave, you cannot get promoted to let's say, SCM.

So, that would mean that even after serving X years, with excellent performance, it does not necessarily mean a promotion, it seems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146349)
Just to add - personally I feel that the CM role is suitable for singles who are able to devout time outside of office hours. Imagine u have to work during ungodly hours or hold event during weekends. I think someone who is married will not be able to work long term as a CM.

In addition, being a CM is kind of dead end job where you do not have real skills which u can bring to the next career.

I would strongly advise against anyone from taking this post. There are so many other roles in the ministries and statboards. Go for others instead.

My friend who has been working as a CM for many years now is married. But that being said, I am not sure what kind of arrangement she has worked out with her husband. The part about working ungodly hours be it due to events or other reasons is very real.

A lot of truths spoken in this - I highly recommend anyone who's considering the role to read this!

Unregistered 29-09-2020 01:15 PM

Im a grassroots leader

My CM worked 10+ yrs liaoz n get around $6 to $7k a mth around there on a private degree. He kept trying to jump to ministries cos theres no progression in PA as a CM. And hes really good at his job.

The DCD is younger than him and he also sad he din get the job la. DCDs and beyond is based on vacancy and interview. If he gets it he w be promoted. If dun get it he will not. Whereas for other ministries n statboards there might be more vacancy for good performers to progress.

Last i heard, hes still a CM. But aiya hes really good la. So its real sad he din get a promotion to DCD based on interview :(

Unregistered 29-09-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134248)
Can share the salary of CM and DCD? Wondering if this is a safe and stable path to embark on

Im the previous poster above who is a grassroots leader. DCD earn around $7k to $9k if i remember correctly.

It depends la. U prolly wont get retrenched but u wont advance from CM if there is no vacancy. I do know of some incompetent CMEs kena managed out.

That said the amount of useless wayang u are subjected to is crazy. U have to have the same positive mindset as insurance agents and salespple cos of some v demanding residents that u cant just turn away. Then u do the bidding of the ministers and the advisors. Then giving out masks packing stuff etc oso u do.

I see the CMs, CMEs, dcd n cd in my area my heart goes out to them. Work inconsistent hrs, long hrs. They are really positive n upbeat pple. Usually pretty young too.

Unregistered 02-10-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146242)
I am almost 32. Male. Working as a CM in a CC. Earning 6K++ .

Unless you have worked as a CM for a long time, that pay you claimed is grossly inflated.

Unregistered 03-10-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146571)
Unless you have worked as a CM for a long time, that pay you claimed is grossly inflated.

What's the pay floor and pay ceiling for a CM?

Unregistered 03-01-2021 12:00 AM

Hi All,

Anyone know how is the pay grade in PA?

I heard that they are using the L grade and it can be further divided into sub-categories.

Anyone know how they are divided their differences to the MX scheme?

Unregistered 02-09-2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152472)
Hi All,

Anyone know how is the pay grade in PA?

I heard that they are using the L grade and it can be further divided into sub-categories.

Anyone know how they are divided their differences to the MX scheme?

Up for this

Unregistered 01-10-2021 10:14 PM

Anybody has any idea what is their performance bonus like in PA on average for staff working in HQ manager level and up. Also, what is their yearly increment like?

Unregistered 02-10-2021 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146571)

Especially since this is a lower tier civil service job...

Unregistered 18-12-2021 09:14 PM

I am currently in a role at pa hq. It comes with a standard 3 year contract, following which I can be emplaced in a permanent role if my bosses are happy with my work.

For those who have been emplaced, what happens after? Is there a change to salary or pal level upon emplacement?