Constituency Manager (People Association) - Page 88 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Constituency Manager (People Association)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #871 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2020, 04:31 PM
inf inf is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 8
inf is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am almost 32. Male. Working as a CM in a CC. Earning 6K++ .
Could I ask how many years have you worked as a CM please?

Reply With Quote
  #872 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2020, 06:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inf View Post
Could I ask how many years have you worked as a CM please?
Is it because the pay is too low? Do you know of someone earning more as a CM? Thanks!



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #873 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2020, 10:31 AM
inf inf is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 8
inf is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it because the pay is too low? Do you know of someone earning more as a CM? Thanks!
I actually mean the opposite - it was higher than I expected.

I'm not entirely sure about this, but while I always had an impression that CM required a degree minimally (but I just did a quick Google search which did not show this), I also had an impression that it did not pay as well.

I just did a quick search on Glassdoor on CM salaries as well, and was pleasantly surprised to know that the base pay of $4K is higher than I expected, and with an average additional pay of $2.7K, it definitely does add up to the figure that you quoted.

I know of a friend who has been a CM for 5 to 10 years now, and while she has not been promoted, I guess I can be happy for her knowing that she would probably be earning a decent amount based on what you said and the Glassdoor findings too.

Reply With Quote
  #874 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2020, 06:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inf View Post
I actually mean the opposite - it was higher than I expected.

I'm not entirely sure about this, but while I always had an impression that CM required a degree minimally (but I just did a quick Google search which did not show this), I also had an impression that it did not pay as well.

I just did a quick search on Glassdoor on CM salaries as well, and was pleasantly surprised to know that the base pay of $4K is higher than I expected, and with an average additional pay of $2.7K, it definitely does add up to the figure that you quoted.

I know of a friend who has been a CM for 5 to 10 years now, and while she has not been promoted, I guess I can be happy for her knowing that she would probably be earning a decent amount based on what you said and the Glassdoor findings too.
Maybe the guy is a mid career joiner, that's why the higher pay? Is your friend a local uni graduate? She has been working as CM since graduation?
Reply With Quote
  #875 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2020, 06:35 PM
inf inf is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 8
inf is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Maybe the guy is a mid career joiner, that's why the higher pay?
Possibly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is your friend a local uni graduate? She has been working as CM since graduation?
Yes, local Uni graduate. Worked 1 job for not too long after graduation, then switch to CM since then.
Reply With Quote
  #876 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2020, 09:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inf View Post
Possibly!



Yes, local Uni graduate. Worked 1 job for not too long after graduation, then switch to CM since then.
Why is she a CM after 5 - 10 years? Is there no career progression as CM? How many grades are there in a CM title? What is the pay range if u could ask her. Thanks!
Reply With Quote

  #877 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2020, 11:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I had an ex-colleague who worked as a CM and his salary was $4.1k.

He left after about one to two years.

Not sure whether the salaries I see here are inflated or not.
Reply With Quote
  #878 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2020, 12:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had an ex-colleague who worked as a CM and his salary was $4.1k.

He left after about one to two years.

Not sure whether the salaries I see here are inflated or not.
May I check how old was your colleague when he was a CM? Is he a local uni grad?
Reply With Quote
  #879 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2020, 12:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
May I check how old was your colleague when he was a CM? Is he a local uni grad?
He was 33 or 34 when he joined as CM.

He has a degree from a private uni.
Reply With Quote
  #880 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2020, 02:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
He was 33 or 34 when he joined as CM.

He has a degree from a private uni.
I was the one who replied this.

Just to add - personally I feel that the CM role is suitable for singles who are able to devout time outside of office hours. Imagine u have to work during ungodly hours or hold event during weekends. I think someone who is married will not be able to work long term as a CM.

In addition, being a CM is kind of dead end job where you do not have real skills which u can bring to the next career.

I would strongly advise against anyone from taking this post. There are so many other roles in the ministries and statboards. Go for others instead.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Manager felzus Income and Jobs 14 06-01-2017 06:17 PM
Need advice from people from the Advertising Industry! Mainly copywriters.. rodrodrod Income and Jobs 61 30-08-2016 02:28 PM
Corp Comms and PR people pls come in jaydon84 Income and Jobs 69 11-07-2016 09:58 PM
Do employment agencies hire people full time to be outsourced to another company? Hector Income and Jobs 2 20-01-2011 05:02 PM
How many people made 6-figure salaries last year? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 23-09-2008 04:41 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,931 Replies, 6,043,722 Views
An upgrade to my system
0 Replies, 12 Views
Different rank in local banks ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 120,867 Views
shipping from China to Singapore
1 Replies, 578 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,063 Replies, 284,872 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
289 Replies, 187,564 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,677 Replies, 1,376,598 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,058 Replies, 837,270 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 123,992 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,804 Replies, 1,186,487 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 57,056 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,752 Replies, 3,188,049 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
750 Replies, 384,197 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 93,476 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,527 Replies, 1,007,195 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
139 Replies, 97,593 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,775 Replies, 839,722 Views
Software developers salary outlier ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 3,344 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
853 Replies, 584,784 Views
How much do you need to retire... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 2,815 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,965 Replies, 1,821,106 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,018 Replies, 1,162,619 Views
Singapore LNG Pay
5 Replies, 1,526 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 35,328 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,475 Replies, 2,056,157 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
352 Replies, 286,088 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 7,319 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,407 Replies, 597,398 Views
How Much Do You Need to Earn... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 19,254 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,111 Replies, 3,892,716 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2