Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Constituency Manager (People Association) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1466-constituency-manager-people-association.html)

inf 27-09-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146242)
I am almost 32. Male. Working as a CM in a CC. Earning 6K++ .

Could I ask how many years have you worked as a CM please?

Unregistered 27-09-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inf (Post 146293)
Could I ask how many years have you worked as a CM please?

Is it because the pay is too low? Do you know of someone earning more as a CM? Thanks!

inf 28-09-2020 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146300)
Is it because the pay is too low? Do you know of someone earning more as a CM? Thanks!

I actually mean the opposite - it was higher than I expected.

I'm not entirely sure about this, but while I always had an impression that CM required a degree minimally (but I just did a quick Google search which did not show this), I also had an impression that it did not pay as well.

I just did a quick search on Glassdoor on CM salaries as well, and was pleasantly surprised to know that the base pay of $4K is higher than I expected, and with an average additional pay of $2.7K, it definitely does add up to the figure that you quoted.

I know of a friend who has been a CM for 5 to 10 years now, and while she has not been promoted, I guess I can be happy for her knowing that she would probably be earning a decent amount based on what you said and the Glassdoor findings too.

Unregistered 28-09-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inf (Post 146315)
I actually mean the opposite - it was higher than I expected.

I'm not entirely sure about this, but while I always had an impression that CM required a degree minimally (but I just did a quick Google search which did not show this), I also had an impression that it did not pay as well.

I just did a quick search on Glassdoor on CM salaries as well, and was pleasantly surprised to know that the base pay of $4K is higher than I expected, and with an average additional pay of $2.7K, it definitely does add up to the figure that you quoted.

I know of a friend who has been a CM for 5 to 10 years now, and while she has not been promoted, I guess I can be happy for her knowing that she would probably be earning a decent amount based on what you said and the Glassdoor findings too.

Maybe the guy is a mid career joiner, that's why the higher pay? Is your friend a local uni graduate? She has been working as CM since graduation?

inf 28-09-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146337)
Maybe the guy is a mid career joiner, that's why the higher pay?

Possibly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146337)
Is your friend a local uni graduate? She has been working as CM since graduation?

Yes, local Uni graduate. Worked 1 job for not too long after graduation, then switch to CM since then.

Unregistered 28-09-2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inf (Post 146339)
Possibly!

Yes, local Uni graduate. Worked 1 job for not too long after graduation, then switch to CM since then.

Why is she a CM after 5 - 10 years? Is there no career progression as CM? How many grades are there in a CM title? What is the pay range if u could ask her. Thanks!

Unregistered 28-09-2020 11:52 PM

I had an ex-colleague who worked as a CM and his salary was $4.1k.

He left after about one to two years.

Not sure whether the salaries I see here are inflated or not.

Unregistered 29-09-2020 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146345)
I had an ex-colleague who worked as a CM and his salary was $4.1k.

He left after about one to two years.

Not sure whether the salaries I see here are inflated or not.

May I check how old was your colleague when he was a CM? Is he a local uni grad?

Unregistered 29-09-2020 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146346)
May I check how old was your colleague when he was a CM? Is he a local uni grad?

He was 33 or 34 when he joined as CM.

He has a degree from a private uni.

Unregistered 29-09-2020 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146347)
He was 33 or 34 when he joined as CM.

He has a degree from a private uni.

I was the one who replied this.

Just to add - personally I feel that the CM role is suitable for singles who are able to devout time outside of office hours. Imagine u have to work during ungodly hours or hold event during weekends. I think someone who is married will not be able to work long term as a CM.

In addition, being a CM is kind of dead end job where you do not have real skills which u can bring to the next career.

I would strongly advise against anyone from taking this post. There are so many other roles in the ministries and statboards. Go for others instead.