Constituency Manager (People Association) - Page 8 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Constituency Manager (People Association)

Old 14-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can AM @ SME fetch this price or must go to MNC @ AM then can fetch $7k.
What's the definition of SME in Singapore? My company self-declare to be SME. Singaporean company with just under S$1billion annual turnover.

Definitely the AMs here are getting in the region of $7k per month.[/QUOTE]

In my company, most of the managers are only getting between 5 to 6K. With allowances and bonus, can barely hit 100k annually.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 14-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
What's the definition of SME in Singapore? My company self-declare to be SME. Singaporean company with just under S$1billion annual turnover.

Definitely the AMs here are getting in the region of $7k per month.
In my company, most of the managers are only getting between 5 to 6K. With allowances and bonus, can barely hit 100k annually.[/QUOTE]

There is no hard & fast rule, but generally turnover of $1billion is usually considered medium or medium small enterprise.

Singapore does not have any real MNC per se as even the biggest companies like the DBS, OCBC, CDL, SIA, F&N etc. are at best regional companies. I guess when people say MNC they generally refer to big US or European companies that are in the S&P or FTSE or some household brand name that most people will know.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:28 AM
Unregistered

Default Hmm.

Quote:
$3400 basic for 31 year old is "good"!?!? Are you serious? I'm not talking about banks or what, but even for normal graduate in SME this is considered very low for someone who has worked for 7+ years.

The "progression" in this sort of deadwater stat board is all fake, their Deputy Directors are equal to Assistant Manager and Director is basically a junior Manager in most companies.

Even your current Manager pay is more like Operations or Branch Executive in private companies.
What is the standard salary range for a executive in private companies may i kindly asked?
Hence, from what I've read - should the rank of a Deputy Director be equivalent to the rank of an Assistant Manager in private sector, narrowing this down towards Managers & Assistant Managers - it means to say they are actually the equivalent of titles like Executives & Management Support Officers in private sectors respectively?

If we were to state that POV towards the above-mentioned positions, it somehow doesn't really match up appropriately. I've asked around different people working in different positions in PA - apparently, Assistant Managers' starting salaries can be as low as $2900 to as high as $3700 (not counting in the allowance of $450-$600) therefore their total starting salary package may be around $3500 onwards, whereas a Manager may start at around $5000 onwards. That means to say if we try to align the position to that of a Management Support Officer (which is often a diploma-holder's job), the MSO can earn a starting salary of $3500 and an Executive can earn $5000 as a start in private industries?? Isn't that already a graduate's pay? And I thought both Executives and MSOs are usually meant for diploma holders not graduates?

There is a slight gaping loophole in this issue of about positions and salaries, from how I view it. It very much depends on the kind of industries the job positions are coming from, that will ultimately reflect upon the salaries of the employees. Overall, such matters are often hard/not really reasonable to begin comparison with and IF we were to compare eventually, it just doesn't make much sense as each industry/company/organisation have different target audience to reach out to, goals to achieve for and even different views of what a successful workplan is.

What goals may be deem important to say, a private organisation - may not even exist probably in a stat board like LTA/PA or even in a ministry MOH/MOE. And what work objectives that a stat board/ministry might place emphasis on, may probably be of a low-scale priority when put to a private organisation's views. Hence, each organisation's salary scales, remuneration packages I believe, have been thought through thoroughly before being decided upon - depending on the work environment, the nature of job position, job scope etc. And again I mentioned, this cannot be just simply compared to the job titles and salaries of those in private industries as they may have a whole different set of skills/job description/scope/target audience/goals.

Old 15-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasaver View Post
Hi

How much does the pay work out for Constituency Manager for People Associations?

I have a friend who was formerly in the police force for about 6 years as a Staff Sgt (non-grad post), resigned and joined PA as Constituency Manager. Starting salary is $3000 + $400 allowances.

I had also worked in a ministry and a stat board, holding a non-grad post before successfully obtaining a private degree and submitted my application to PA and obtained the chance for an interview 2 weeks from now.

What are the pay structure I can think of, in this organisation?

Hmm... I heard PA has good bonus, wonder if it's true.

Please advise me if possible...
how was your interview with PA
Old 03-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Just so happen that I chance upon this, I thought I'd input my 2 cents worth.

I'm currently a CM in one of the CCs around, armed with an SIM degree and I'm commanding about 3.6k (including allowance). As attractive as it might sound, there's always a price to pay, such as burning your weekends (at times consecutively for weeks), attending meetings on your off days, or having people calling you up out of office hours (eating or sleeping) to press you for stuff.

And the reason the position is always available is not because nobody is getting recruited, it's like many of you said, the high turnover rate. Many do not complete the 3-year contract upon employment, and even if they do, many do not want the promotion to a Deputy Director, as more time would be catered for work (as if a CM isn't bad enough), and end up staying for as long to 6 years not wanting a promotion.

I am one who is thinking of settling down with my partner in about a year's time, and this job has created some cracks in our relationship, thanks to all the time over the weekends in the office or somewhere else attending events and meetings.

However, having said all that, it depends on the CC you are posted to. If you're unlucky, you might encounter horrible grassroot leaders who scream at you, and directors who couldn't care less apart from saving their own ass.

And really, the position sounds very overrated, what we do here is nowhere what a manager in the public sector does. Having said that, I've decided to submit my resignation after CNY.

Happy Lunar New Year to all of you out there, and I hope this provides a decent (albeit a little biased) insight to the world of a Constituency Manager.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Just so happen that I chance upon this, I thought I'd input my 2 cents worth.

I'm currently a CM in one of the CCs around, armed with an SIM degree and I'm commanding about 3.6k (including allowance). As attractive as it might sound, there's always a price to pay, such as burning your weekends (at times consecutively for weeks), attending meetings on your off days, or having people calling you up out of office hours (eating or sleeping) to press you for stuff.

And the reason the position is always available is not because nobody is getting recruited, it's like many of you said, the high turnover rate. Many do not complete the 3-year contract upon employment, and even if they do, many do not want the promotion to a Deputy Director, as more time would be catered for work (as if a CM isn't bad enough), and end up staying for as long to 6 years not wanting a promotion.

I am one who is thinking of settling down with my partner in about a year's time, and this job has created some cracks in our relationship, thanks to all the time over the weekends in the office or somewhere else attending events and meetings.

However, having said all that, it depends on the CC you are posted to. If you're unlucky, you might encounter horrible grassroot leaders who scream at you, and directors who couldn't care less apart from saving their own ass.

And really, the position sounds very overrated, what we do here is nowhere what a manager in the public sector does. Having said that, I've decided to submit my resignation after CNY.

Happy Lunar New Year to all of you out there, and I hope this provides a decent (albeit a little biased) insight to the world of a Constituency Manager.

Good for you this year 2013. You finally find a resolution. Time to move on.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Meepmeep

Cool Ridiculous...

How does a CM survive? I don't understand, someone please explain. Its either you're the #foreveralone kind else you're an ambitious idiot giving up a real life for a no life. Come on, get a life. This job will jeopardise everything you cherish now and yes you may a good pay but you will never get the time to spend them happily so why bother? When there's imbalance in your life how good can it be?

Furthermore you can never benefit much from this job because you will have to do lots of ad hoc duties, come tell me which low pay job doesn't allow such experiences?!

Therefore I decided to resign after X months of being a CM. I had enough!!

Try this job at your own risk. If you want this as your first job after you graduated (its just a few hundred [definitely less than $500] more than a 9-6 mon-fri kind of job come on...this small sum of money more important or family/relationship/friends?) , be prepared to cry.

You have been warned!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Considering the horrible work hours and average pay, I'm sure PA suffer frome extreme high attrtion rate.

One of the tactics I heard which my friend kana before is they keep pyschoing you that you are being placed in a "leadership position" with potential to move on to greater things next time. They do this by ridiculously inflating job titles, then imply that these inflated titles are equal to their counterparts in the pte sector.

My firend work there for 6+ years and was promoted to Director. His original plan was to get the promotion then find jobs in the pte sector outside at the similar level. The jobs he applied for nobody call him up for interview and he have to slowly downgrade until Assistant Manager level then got interview. One company even made him an offer as Snr Exec saying they scared he can't handle transfer from public to pte sector!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

I think in every organiation, there are different reasons why certain titles are used. Example, a senior manager in a MNC may be called a regional director when posted oveseas assuming relatively similar responsibilities. A lab manager might be re-designate to plant gm at a smaller plant in the same company. Might be fairer to look at pay scale which is very related to job size. PA uses PAL system which is quite aligned to the civil service MX scheme. Entry is Pal 6 which is quite similar to MX13.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

I am a CME drawing 2.1k basic, but due to the high turnover rate I covered most of the work a CM should. I am very displeased...