Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Constituency Manager (People Association) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1466-constituency-manager-people-association.html)

Unregistered 11-09-2017 05:11 PM

Hi, anyone recently applied for Constituency Management Executive?

I will be going for an interview tomorrow at tampine north CC.

Any idea what is the question they will ask for the written assessment?

Thanks.

Unregistered 23-10-2017 04:14 PM

Cme

Hi Your posting was on september. May i ask how did you fare? Accepted? Well as a CME ur more to interactions with peoples and events. If u loves engaging with people and loves planning for an event this is for you. Having said that, You also need to manage Paperwork and emails. Meetings etc..

Would love to hear from you if u have start work or now under inductions ;) Good luck!

😉-Minniemouse

Unregistered 30-10-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100097)
Hi, anyone recently applied for Constituency Management Executive?

I will be going for an interview tomorrow at tampine north CC.

Any idea what is the question they will ask for the written assessment?

Thanks.

Yes wonder how is it too! My friend is currently in PA, and she will be putting in a referral for me. I stay in the North east but my bto is in tamp so im looking at north-east area and tamp.

Unregistered 30-10-2017 06:41 PM

i was offered the position for Constituency Management Executive thou i have yet to accept their offer..

Applied 19 Sept
Interview 10 Oct
Offer 30 Oct 2017

The pay is high but can we nego the pay to slightly higher based on experience?

after reading all the previous pages it seem the culture in PA is not good. having 2nd thoughts..

Unregistered 30-10-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101331)
i was offered the position for Constituency Management Executive thou i have yet to accept their offer..

Applied 19 Sept
Interview 10 Oct
Offer 30 Oct 2017

after reading all the previous pages it seem the culture in PA is not good. having 2nd thoughts..

What is the offered salary? How many years of experience do u have?

Unregistered 30-10-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Applied 19 Sept
Interview 10 Oct
Offer 30 Oct 2017

It depends what you are looking for in the job.

The job requirements you to work with multiple stakeholders such as grassroots volunteers, town council staff, SSO and HDB staff. If you have the heart or intention to make the neighborhood a good place for the residents, then why not?

Off course it has its difficulties to face difficult residents, difficult volunteers, uncooperative or slack stakeholders, it is up to you on how to solve the issue.

Unregistered 31-10-2017 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101332)
What is the offered salary? How many years of experience do u have?

I'm assume all government jobs offer the same basic pay(22xx) for poly graduate.

They are offering additional 100 on top of the basic pay for my 1 year experience. I'm not sure if I able to negotiate the pay? Do they offer more for NS A grading?

In my previous job I blindly accepted the offer without negotiating the pay and end up with a bad deal..

Unregistered 31-10-2017 01:26 AM

Since PA is a stats board do they have mid year/end of year bonus?

Unregistered 21-11-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Applied 19 Sept
Interview 10 Oct
Offer 30 Oct 2017

I have a few friends in PA and 2 of them are CM, they have been with PA for 4 years. She seems to be quite enjoying the environment, I think it depends on which CC do you go to.

so did you accept their offer eventually? how much did you ask for if you dont mind to share?

Im also called up to go for an interview soon

Unregistered 17-12-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102012)
I have a few friends in PA and 2 of them are CM, they have been with PA for 4 years. She seems to be quite enjoying the environment, I think it depends on which CC do you go to.

so did you accept their offer eventually? how much did you ask for if you dont mind to share?

Im also called up to go for an interview soon

To share my exp. Applied for as CME through referral.

Applied 15Nov
Called up for Interview 20Nov
Interview 28Nov
Offered 12Dec

required to do a written assessment in a holding room with 3 other candidates.
written assessment is to reply to emails based on scenario given.

shortly waited for my turn while reading through FAQs and more abt jobscope. went into a room with panel of 4 interviews. look at their name stands infront of them, as 1 of them would highly be your boss.

I had a DD, HR personnel, CD and 1 more i'm unsure in my interview.

Basically talked about my customer service experience, and why I want to join PA. strangely even asked me if I had intention to further my studies, perhaps to offer me a better position.

entire process took about 30-40mins for me.

----

Despite all the negative reviews I have read here, I choose to believe its really based on luck and I have 2 friends as CM whom is really happy in their CC.

And trust me, the workload that i'm doing right now. I would rather join PA, with a much higher pay from my current job. And I'm not someone whom needs my weekends, I prefer my weekdays.

but i'm wondering about the induction. do we really need to go for OBS, canoeing etc. if its just workshops or going around i'm fine. but OBS...... sounds very CCA-ish.

-merong