Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Constituency Manager (People Association) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1466-constituency-manager-people-association.html)

Unregistered 23-06-2017 02:51 PM

Hello,

I've also applied for a few positions with them since March but haven't been contacted at all zzz. Wondering if anyone's in the same situation?

Read a lot of horror stories here regarding the position of CM haha. Anyone has worked/is working as an Assistant Manager for Projects? Is it as bad as CM in terms of having to deal with **** from residents or volunteers etc?

Unregistered 23-06-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98233)
Hello,

I've also applied for a few positions with them since March but haven't been contacted at all zzz. Wondering if anyone's in the same situation?

Read a lot of horror stories here regarding the position of CM haha. Anyone has worked/is working as an Assistant Manager for Projects? Is it as bad as CM in terms of having to deal with **** from residents or volunteers etc?

AM is for fresh dip grads, it is not suitable if you have a deg. Projects same same lah, maybe less sai from residents and more shiit from the grassroots leaders / RC staff.

Unregistered 24-06-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98236)
AM is for fresh dip grads, it is not suitable if you have a deg. Projects same same lah, maybe less sai from residents and more shiit from the grassroots leaders / RC staff.

Oh really? Yeah I have a local degree.

Any idea if we'd be better paid with higher qualification? I'm actually quite into community related field lol.

Unregistered 24-06-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98251)
Oh really? Yeah I have a local degree.

Any idea if we'd be better paid with higher qualification? I'm actually quite into community related field lol.

Deg pay will be higher, but not comparable with proper ministry or big stat boards. Since you have a local deg, don't waste time with PA. You are better off with a proper ministry like MSF or MOM if you are interested in interacting with common people.

If you insist then don't say I never warn you, within few days you will realize how jialat most of the staff and the culture in PA are. It is not the place for people with good degrees.

Unregistered 25-06-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98255)
Deg pay will be higher, but not comparable with proper ministry or big stat boards. Since you have a local deg, don't waste time with PA. You are better off with a proper ministry like MSF or MOM if you are interested in interacting with common people.

If you insist then don't say I never warn you, within few days you will realize how jialat most of the staff and the culture in PA are. It is not the place for people with good degrees.

Sounds terrible. Are you speaking from personal experience?

I've applied other jobs too but limited options since I'm a fresh grad.

Unregistered 01-07-2017 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91260)
Do RC Manager need to go through induction camp?

Hi. well they need to undergo a 5days induction course. u will get to meet all other New RCM in ur class of 30 or less depends. u will enjoy the time specially ice breaker as well as food lol. bt then the actual work of an RCM is when ur on the ground after u start work...

not all is colourfull bt not everytg is gray :)

Unregistered 25-07-2017 01:54 AM

RC Manager post
 
Hi anyone looking for RC Manager post that based in RC centre, we have a RC Manager vacancy at Ang Mo Kio -Hougang area. Do call me at 96344416 if you are keen.

Unregistered 25-07-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98255)
Deg pay will be higher, but not comparable with proper ministry or big stat boards. Since you have a local deg, don't waste time with PA. You are better off with a proper ministry like MSF or MOM if you are interested in interacting with common people.

If you insist then don't say I never warn you, within few days you will realize how jialat most of the staff and the culture in PA are. It is not the place for people with good degrees.

Quoted for truth. I gave up on them after 1 month, low morale stuck in 80s type of culture.

Unregistered 08-08-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95212)
PA staff are no saints as well. I've seen countless times my ex-colleagues screw up even simple matters that honestly if I were the resident I would be super pissed off as well. There's just no culture of accountability and improvement over there, everyone's like a mule - get slapped by MP/Grassroots/Residents move 1 inch. The moment you take your eyes off, slide back another feet again.

Those old timers might complain how unreasonable the customers are and how crap the job is (I agree), but the reality is also with their sort of lousy attitude and total lack of professionalism, they wouldn't be able to survive anywhere else. Only PA would accept that sort of standards, even in proper ministries / stat board a lot of them would be put on PIP long ago.

Yeah, they are no saints...but compared to most grassroots and residents, they are so much better than even saints.

The motto in PA is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it...even if it's broke, try to make do until someone complains".
Which is why they have the same programs and activities every year and if you try to suggest something new or different, they will beat you down until you conform.
At the end of the day, you wonder why you even try especially when you are dog tired to boot.
Still have bad dreams about my days with them...

Unregistered 08-08-2017 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99340)
Yeah, they are no saints...but compared to most grassroots and residents, they are so much better than even saints.

The motto in PA is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it...even if it's broke, try to make do until someone complains".
Which is why they have the same programs and activities every year and if you try to suggest something new or different, they will beat you down until you conform.
At the end of the day, you wonder why you even try especially when you are dog tired to boot.
Still have bad dreams about my days with them...

In short never join PA unless you are really desperate out of hunger. It's a really crappy place meant for losers, everyday whine and complain. Terrible place for anyone has any self-respect left.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2