Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Constituency Manager (People Association) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1466-constituency-manager-people-association.html)

Unregistered 26-01-2016 05:55 PM

have some friends in PA, many left ready, work type there very pathetic like to throw work here and there. applying off very messy and unfavorable. your colleagues on leave, you have to cover their work.. weekend kena work, even though good pay but stress.

zero_88 13-03-2016 12:18 AM

if I got pass degree can I work in PA?

Unregistered 13-03-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 81228)
if I got pass degree can I work in PA?

even those pte bought deg holders can work in PA.

Unregistered 13-03-2016 06:19 PM

diploma also can.

Unregistered 14-03-2016 08:52 AM

Hi, may I understand the average pay for a senior constituency manager (for females) in PA?
TiA

Unregistered 14-03-2016 05:02 PM

late thirties can join as CM? anyone with experience regarding recruitment?

Unregistered 15-03-2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81310)
late thirties can join as CM? anyone with experience regarding recruitment?

Why not as Long as you fit the role but as far as I know the position is closed not recruiting anymore.

Unregistered 31-03-2016 06:30 PM

Starting salary for second lower Honours (no ns)???

Unregistered 17-05-2016 05:10 AM

I work in PA but that soon will become past tense.
From what I know, PA is not recruiting despite a shortage of manpower.
And there are many new initiatives that they are planning to roll out as if the staff are not over-worked as it is.
The fancy job title belies what the job really is...a general dogsbody.
In the end, you will become a Jack of all trades but master of none.
Grassroots have problems, they turn to you, residents have problems, they turn to you, CC facilities have problems, you have to deal with it.
When residents have a problem, say with their facilities which are being handled by HDB, you will become the middleman who have to deal with the residents' wrath while HDB gives you the roundabout and forward your email to many but none that will reply.
Say goodbye to your social life as it will become non-existant and working shifts also meant saying goodbye to your body clock.
You must be prepared to be on call 24/7 even on holidays overseas.
And as a human, you feel like you are the lowest in the food chain when anybody can just walk in and give you a hard time while saying these magic words "I will complain to the MP..."
As if that isn't enough, a lot of people out there seem to think it's a cushy job and belittling our job by saying crap.
When you sign on the dotted line with PA, be aware that it's a contract for selling your soul and dignity.

Unregistered 17-05-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85625)
I work in PA but that soon will become past tense.
From what I know, PA is not recruiting despite a shortage of manpower.
And there are many new initiatives that they are planning to roll out as if the staff are not over-worked as it is.
The fancy job title belies what the job really is...a general dogsbody.
In the end, you will become a Jack of all trades but master of none.
Grassroots have problems, they turn to you, residents have problems, they turn to you, CC facilities have problems, you have to deal with it.
When residents have a problem, say with their facilities which are being handled by HDB, you will become the middleman who have to deal with the residents' wrath while HDB gives you the roundabout and forward your email to many but none that will reply.
Say goodbye to your social life as it will become non-existant and working shifts also meant saying goodbye to your body clock.
You must be prepared to be on call 24/7 even on holidays overseas.
And as a human, you feel like you are the lowest in the food chain when anybody can just walk in and give you a hard time while saying these magic words "I will complain to the MP..."
As if that isn't enough, a lot of people out there seem to think it's a cushy job and belittling our job by saying crap.
When you sign on the dotted line with PA, be aware that it's a contract for selling your soul and dignity.

not surprising. most pa recruits tried elsewhere and couldnt get offer so last resort join pa.