Constituency Manager (People Association) - Page 33 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Constituency Manager (People Association)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #321 (permalink)  
Old 30-04-2015, 07:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How is it bro...can raise to 3.2k?
I signed the contract with PA. I request for 3.2k, and they offered me without hesitation.In the contract, I realized that I can claim up to $200 for my mobile bills and up to $200 of transport allowance. I simply cannot resist the good offer.I got to upgrade my mobile plan to exploit it. I can sense the desperation of them, they request me to start work on the following monday.

As a SIM grad of age 25 with only 1 year of working experience, earning 3.2K per mth, I guess isn't too bad.

Reply With Quote
  #322 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

contrags!!!

Do they post you to the area where you are living?

Reply With Quote
  #323 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2015, 11:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
contrags!!!

Do they post you to the area where you are living?
Yes. It was 10 min walk from my house of the PA that was in need of CM. I wonder why do they give me a transport allowance?

Reply With Quote
  #324 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

maybe it was a standard procedure from the past. maybe CM need to travel to few RC, NC or events etc, not sure.

still waiting for them to get back to me, is been nearly 2 weeks


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #325 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I signed the contract with PA. I request for 3.2k, and they offered me without hesitation.In the contract, I realized that I can claim up to $200 for my mobile bills and up to $200 of transport allowance. I simply cannot resist the good offer.I got to upgrade my mobile plan to exploit it. I can sense the desperation of them, they request me to start work on the following monday.

As a SIM grad of age 25 with only 1 year of working experience, earning 3.2K per mth, I guess isn't too bad.
Wow. 3.2k? With up to $400 claimable allowance? I grad last year with a local merit degree, only getting 3K per mth with avg 2.5 yearly bonus at a private firm. I didn't know PA statboard hire people with private degree.
Reply With Quote
  #326 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
maybe it was a standard procedure from the past. maybe CM need to travel to few RC, NC or events etc, not sure.

still waiting for them to get back to me, is been nearly 2 weeks
I think you should email them to ask them about the interview outcome after 3 weeks.
Reply With Quote

  #327 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

so how's first day at work? super busy?
Reply With Quote
  #328 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2015, 02:05 AM
Homey D. Clown
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I signed the contract with PA. I request for 3.2k, and they offered me without hesitation.In the contract, I realized that I can claim up to $200 for my mobile bills and up to $200 of transport allowance. I simply cannot resist the good offer.I got to upgrade my mobile plan to exploit it.
I believe the mobile and transport allowance that the poster is referring to is actually the flexible benefits scheme which every staff is entitled to make claims of up to $500 per year. In which minimum $100 is to be claimed for insurance plans and the remaining $400 for mobile subscriptions, IT products etc.

As a CM, there is also a monthly field allowance of $450 to compensate for shift and weekend duties. Add that to the basic of $3.2k and his monthly would be $3650.

Back in 2009/2010, fresh grad CMs (Both local and private Uni) were already offered a default basic pay of $3.2k. Only with honours then will see a significant difference. Seems that PA has yet to increase the basic pay for fresh grads after all these years.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #329 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2015, 09:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homey D. Clown View Post
I believe the mobile and transport allowance that the poster is referring to is actually the flexible benefits scheme which every staff is entitled to make claims of up to $500 per year. In which minimum $100 is to be claimed for insurance plans and the remaining $400 for mobile subscriptions, IT products etc.

As a CM, there is also a monthly field allowance of $450 to compensate for shift and weekend duties. Add that to the basic of $3.2k and his monthly would be $3650.

Back in 2009/2010, fresh grad CMs (Both local and private Uni) were already offered a default basic pay of $3.2k. Only with honours then will see a significant difference. Seems that PA has yet to increase the basic pay for fresh grads after all these years.
Yes confirm its flex benefit (actually quite low as many MNCs offering ~2k nowadays).

The $450 is more like OT or compensation for medicore bonus considering the type of working hours. Fresh grads all-in annual at most ~$50k which is honestly not worth that kind of work hours, so you must really like grassroots work.
Reply With Quote
  #330 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2015, 11:52 PM
Homey D. Clown
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes confirm its flex benefit (actually quite low as many MNCs offering ~2k nowadays).

The $450 is more like OT or compensation for medicore bonus considering the type of working hours. Fresh grads all-in annual at most ~$50k which is honestly not worth that kind of work hours, so you must really like grassroots work.
Which explains the reason for the high turnover rate.

Not so much for mid career transitionists but more for fresh grads as they start to compare their working hours with peers who are having a 9-5 office hour job with permanent weekends off.

But if building and bridging communities to bond residents together with events and activities is your cup of tea, then joining PA will be a job match for you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Manager felzus Income and Jobs 14 06-01-2017 06:17 PM
Need advice from people from the Advertising Industry! Mainly copywriters.. rodrodrod Income and Jobs 61 30-08-2016 02:28 PM
Corp Comms and PR people pls come in jaydon84 Income and Jobs 69 11-07-2016 09:58 PM
Do employment agencies hire people full time to be outsourced to another company? Hector Income and Jobs 2 20-01-2011 05:02 PM
How many people made 6-figure salaries last year? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 23-09-2008 04:41 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,019 Replies, 2,196,497 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,849 Replies, 871,311 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
855 Replies, 430,245 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,985 Replies, 1,803,917 Views
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
59 Replies, 15,508 Views
Career advice
3 Replies, 919 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,177 Replies, 5,297,615 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 8,841 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,719 Replies, 1,017,660 Views
career dilemma in 30s ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 2,563 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,444 Replies, 1,490,288 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 165,697 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector) ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,156 Views
Please advise on my career path... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 12,127 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,082 Replies, 846,314 Views
What are your Job benefits ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 7,238 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,582 Replies, 1,230,080 Views
Casino Regulatory Authority
1 Replies, 4,401 Views
Relocating to Singapore, is... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 29,423 Views
Summer Internships 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 2,076 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
428 Replies, 72,727 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
879 Replies, 718,736 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 95,870 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 121,712 Views
Chevron COBRA assesment, please... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 48,984 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,410 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,867 Replies, 3,650,507 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 76,384 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 4,740 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2