Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Constituency Manager (People Association) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1466-constituency-manager-people-association.html)

inf 29-09-2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146342)
Why is she a CM after 5 - 10 years? Is there no career progression as CM? How many grades are there in a CM title? What is the pay range if u could ask her. Thanks!

Career progression as a CM depends not only on one's capabilities from what I understand. The other factor at play seems to be the presence of other higher-ranking colleagues serving in the same constituency. I cannot confirm this 100%, but based on my impressions and what I have heard, it seems to be a quota-based thing, where if the person above you does not leave, you cannot get promoted to let's say, SCM.

So, that would mean that even after serving X years, with excellent performance, it does not necessarily mean a promotion, it seems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146349)
Just to add - personally I feel that the CM role is suitable for singles who are able to devout time outside of office hours. Imagine u have to work during ungodly hours or hold event during weekends. I think someone who is married will not be able to work long term as a CM.

In addition, being a CM is kind of dead end job where you do not have real skills which u can bring to the next career.

I would strongly advise against anyone from taking this post. There are so many other roles in the ministries and statboards. Go for others instead.

My friend who has been working as a CM for many years now is married. But that being said, I am not sure what kind of arrangement she has worked out with her husband. The part about working ungodly hours be it due to events or other reasons is very real.

A lot of truths spoken in this - I highly recommend anyone who's considering the role to read this!

Unregistered 29-09-2020 01:15 PM

Im a grassroots leader

My CM worked 10+ yrs liaoz n get around $6 to $7k a mth around there on a private degree. He kept trying to jump to ministries cos theres no progression in PA as a CM. And hes really good at his job.

The DCD is younger than him and he also sad he din get the job la. DCDs and beyond is based on vacancy and interview. If he gets it he w be promoted. If dun get it he will not. Whereas for other ministries n statboards there might be more vacancy for good performers to progress.

Last i heard, hes still a CM. But aiya hes really good la. So its real sad he din get a promotion to DCD based on interview :(

Unregistered 29-09-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134248)
Can share the salary of CM and DCD? Wondering if this is a safe and stable path to embark on

Im the previous poster above who is a grassroots leader. DCD earn around $7k to $9k if i remember correctly.

It depends la. U prolly wont get retrenched but u wont advance from CM if there is no vacancy. I do know of some incompetent CMEs kena managed out.

That said the amount of useless wayang u are subjected to is crazy. U have to have the same positive mindset as insurance agents and salespple cos of some v demanding residents that u cant just turn away. Then u do the bidding of the ministers and the advisors. Then giving out masks packing stuff etc oso u do.

I see the CMs, CMEs, dcd n cd in my area my heart goes out to them. Work inconsistent hrs, long hrs. They are really positive n upbeat pple. Usually pretty young too.

Unregistered 02-10-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146242)
I am almost 32. Male. Working as a CM in a CC. Earning 6K++ .

Unless you have worked as a CM for a long time, that pay you claimed is grossly inflated.

Unregistered 03-10-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146571)
Unless you have worked as a CM for a long time, that pay you claimed is grossly inflated.

What's the pay floor and pay ceiling for a CM?

Unregistered 03-01-2021 12:00 AM

Hi All,

Anyone know how is the pay grade in PA?

I heard that they are using the L grade and it can be further divided into sub-categories.

Anyone know how they are divided their differences to the MX scheme?

Unregistered 02-09-2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152472)
Hi All,

Anyone know how is the pay grade in PA?

I heard that they are using the L grade and it can be further divided into sub-categories.

Anyone know how they are divided their differences to the MX scheme?

Up for this

Unregistered 01-10-2021 10:14 PM

Anybody has any idea what is their performance bonus like in PA on average for staff working in HQ manager level and up. Also, what is their yearly increment like?

Unregistered 02-10-2021 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146571)

Especially since this is a lower tier civil service job...

Unregistered 18-12-2021 09:14 PM

I am currently in a role at pa hq. It comes with a standard 3 year contract, following which I can be emplaced in a permanent role if my bosses are happy with my work.

For those who have been emplaced, what happens after? Is there a change to salary or pal level upon emplacement?

Unregistered 27-12-2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194217)
I am currently in a role at pa hq. It comes with a standard 3 year contract, following which I can be emplaced in a permanent role if my bosses are happy with my work.

For those who have been emplaced, what happens after? Is there a change to salary or pal level upon emplacement?

I'd like to know too.

Unregistered 04-01-2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146364)
Im the previous poster above who is a grassroots leader. DCD earn around $7k to $9k if i remember correctly.

It depends la. U prolly wont get retrenched but u wont advance from CM if there is no vacancy. I do know of some incompetent CMEs kena managed out.

That said the amount of useless wayang u are subjected to is crazy. U have to have the same positive mindset as insurance agents and salespple cos of some v demanding residents that u cant just turn away. Then u do the bidding of the ministers and the advisors. Then giving out masks packing stuff etc oso u do.

I see the CMs, CMEs, dcd n cd in my area my heart goes out to them. Work inconsistent hrs, long hrs. They are really positive n upbeat pple. Usually pretty young too.

My CO currently works as DCD in one of the CC. Agreed the salary for DCD is around there as stated above incl the field allowance of about $1500 but the job responsibility is quite tedious and it also depends on which area e.g northeast/southeast etc u work for.
Those area with higher KPI will definitely be more hectic for u. Anyway job progression e.g. from CM to DCD/CD etc depends on your capabilities and vacancies available. Job requires you to be patience as well as being passionate in dealing with public & grassroots volunteers attitudes from all walks of life. Its a norm working in PA CC if u have to work during ungodly hours or hold event during weekends be it whatever post u're holding.

Unregistered 04-01-2022 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196307)
My CO currently works as DCD in one of the CC. Agreed the salary for DCD is around there as stated above incl the field allowance of about $1500 but the job responsibility is quite tedious and it also depends on which area e.g northeast/southeast etc u work for.
Those area with higher KPI will definitely be more hectic for u. Anyway job progression e.g. from CM to DCD/CD etc depends on your capabilities and vacancies available. Job requires you to be patience as well as being passionate in dealing with public & grassroots volunteers attitudes from all walks of life. Its a norm working in PA CC if u have to work during ungodly hours or hold event during weekends be it whatever post u're holding.

A few chio uni mates I know newly graduated from uni joined as CMs and within 1 year they look so much older and haggard. long works have taken a toll on them vastly.

Unregistered 04-01-2022 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196320)
A few chio uni mates I know newly graduated from uni joined as CMs and within 1 year they look so much older and haggard. long works have taken a toll on them vastly.

Probably got pumped full tank by all the tiko uncles.

If they were smart they would capitalise on their looks and just go do something sales related.

Unregistered 23-01-2022 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194217)

nothing. used to have some $$ upon emplacement, but heard its removed alr few yrs back. as usual if u wan promotion still need to apply out or look for opportunities on PA Champs.

Unregistered 16-03-2022 08:19 PM

wah, my friend from pa damn steady got into the "beyond talent" program last year. that one got extra $$$ one onot? i notice he suddenly yaya papaya after that and buy a lot of things.

Unregistered 16-03-2022 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 208507)
wah, my friend from pa damn steady got into the "beyond talent" program last year. that one got extra $$$ one onot? i notice he suddenly yaya papaya after that and buy a lot of things.

lol sure bo, your friend got loser mindset siah

Unregistered 28-03-2022 12:19 AM

Everyone happy with their increment and performance bonus this year? Not happy, no need scare, ah gong still loves you.

Unregistered 16-09-2022 07:07 PM

Hi guys, anyone applied for CM post end-Aug and received offer already?

Unregistered 17-09-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230462)
Hi guys, anyone applied for CM post end-Aug and received offer already?

I went for my interview yesterday. Any idea if there will be 2 rounds of interview?

Unregistered 17-09-2022 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230501)
I went for my interview yesterday. Any idea if there will be 2 rounds of interview?

Hmm I was not informed that there would be a 2nd round though. Based on previous replies in this thread, it seems like now is just 1 round. I emailed the HR for updates but didn't receive replies too.

Unregistered 17-09-2022 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230507)
Hmm I was not informed that there would be a 2nd round though. Based on previous replies in this thread, it seems like now is just 1 round. I emailed the HR for updates but didn't receive replies too.

When was your interview?

Unregistered 17-09-2022 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230548)
When was your interview?

About 2 weeks already

Unregistered 18-09-2022 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196338)
Probably got pumped full tank by all the tiko uncles.

If they were smart they would capitalise on their looks and just go do something sales related.

Some if affair with grassroots rich uncles can earn side income also.

Unregistered 20-09-2022 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230554)
About 2 weeks already

You managed to get any news from them yet?

Unregistered 20-09-2022 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230748)
You managed to get any news from them yet?

Nope, just called HR, no pick up. They came back to you already?

Unregistered 20-09-2022 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230752)

Mine just 2 working days since interview. May email them maybe after two weeks

Unregistered 21-09-2022 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230752)

Did they email you back ?

Unregistered 22-09-2022 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230881)
Did they email you back ?

Yup, they did. I'll be getting an update by this week.

Unregistered 22-09-2022 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230941)
Yup, they did. I'll be getting an update by this week.

Which is latest tomorrow. Good luck

Unregistered 24-09-2022 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230992)
Which is latest tomorrow. Good luck

How your results

Unregistered 24-09-2022 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231119)
How your results

Got a call back! They quoted me 4.3-4.6k range not sure if being lowballed. Any advice?

Unregistered 24-09-2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231125)
Got a call back! They quoted me 4.3-4.6k range not sure if being lowballed. Any advice?

Lower than your current salary?

Unregistered 24-09-2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231135)
Lower than your current salary?

Higher than my current salary but only marginally. Currently drawing 4. Any advice?

Unregistered 24-09-2022 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231138)
Higher than my current salary but only marginally. Currently drawing 4. Any advice?

You decide lol

Unregistered 25-09-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231125)

Are you going in as an experienced hire? Also, the range they quoted you - does it include the field allowance?

Unregistered 25-09-2022 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231204)
Are you going in as an experienced hire? Also, the range they quoted you - does it include the field allowance?

Yes I have 3 years of exp. Doesn’t include field allowance.

Unregistered 25-09-2022 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231213)
Yes I have 3 years of exp. Doesn’t include field allowance.

Wah in that case, I think you shouldn't hesitate further. Just accept the offer haha! Cos if you include the field allowance, if I did not make a wrong guess, you should be nearing $5K or slightly over $5K already.

It should be quite worth, especially if the location is near your place of residence :)

Unregistered 28-09-2022 12:32 PM

Hi, anyone else received an offer from PA for CM role? Mind sharing your experience and the salary range offered?

Unregistered 07-10-2022 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231418)
Hi, anyone else received an offer from PA for CM role? Mind sharing your experience and the salary range offered?

About mid 3 as entry level...