Constituency Manager (People Association) - Page 12 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Constituency Manager (People Association)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #111 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

not quite true about absolute secret since all the votes have unique serial no. attached...

Reply With Quote
  #112 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is a CME also required to work during weeknights and weekends just like a CM?

Reply With Quote
  #113 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is a CME also required to work during weeknights and weekends just like a CM?
yes cme is still required to.

Reply With Quote
  #114 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

how much is the starting pay now for nus fresh grad, 2nd lower?
Reply With Quote
  #115 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone know how it is like working as Assistant Manager in CDC? How is it different from Constituency Manager?
Reply With Quote
  #116 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Constituency Manager is very "front-line", as you are usually the first person the grassroots will turn to, and also first point-of-contact for many grassroots events and activities... so you need to be a very people-person to enjoy it. Expect alot of fire-fighting as well... also, your office at the CC is usually very accessible, so expect your stakeholders to visit you very often lol (and make noises, complain, etc)

If I am not wrong, Assistant Manager in CDC is more back-end... your portfolio is quite similar to CM actually; you will still be involved in grassroots, community programmes and projects. However, grassroots will disturb you less, as if there are any issues, they will call their CM first lol

Think of the AM as a more high-class CM (do correct me if I am wrong on this comparison lol), though bear in mind CMs get shift allowance, while AM are office-hours and yet still expected to support events on weekends without additional allowance (off-in-lieu to compensate; but still irritating for those who dun like working on weekends).

I know some AMs who are very busy, and always kena weekend burn... so its not necessarily an easier job than CM

That is my limited understanding... do look out for others who can share more on this


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #117 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Whatever fancy names PA/CDC choose to call their workers, these jobs are essentially event logistic officers.

How much OT you clock, how busy you are, how much you get abused by customers really depend on luck and there is no way to generalise.

It all depends on who you supporting, what sort of event you kana arrowed and what sort of customers you happen to be dealing with. It is hard to conclude X is better than Y. It's like asking whether call centre operator at Starhub or M1 better, it all depends on individual situation - cannot generalise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Constituency Manager is very "front-line", as you are usually the first person the grassroots will turn to, and also first point-of-contact for many grassroots events and activities... so you need to be a very people-person to enjoy it. Expect alot of fire-fighting as well... also, your office at the CC is usually very accessible, so expect your stakeholders to visit you very often lol (and make noises, complain, etc)

If I am not wrong, Assistant Manager in CDC is more back-end... your portfolio is quite similar to CM actually; you will still be involved in grassroots, community programmes and projects. However, grassroots will disturb you less, as if there are any issues, they will call their CM first lol

Think of the AM as a more high-class CM (do correct me if I am wrong on this comparison lol), though bear in mind CMs get shift allowance, while AM are office-hours and yet still expected to support events on weekends without additional allowance (off-in-lieu to compensate; but still irritating for those who dun like working on weekends).

I know some AMs who are very busy, and always kena weekend burn... so its not necessarily an easier job than CM

That is my limited understanding... do look out for others who can share more on this
Reply With Quote
  #118 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2013, 03:31 AM
Unregistered - Ms
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 3-year contract

Successful candidates will be given a 3-year contract.
Is it a must to complete the 3 year contract given?

If there any terms and condition that need to be fulfill if one is unable to complete the 3 year and quit in between the period of time?

I was being told by a friend who is a CM that you will need to inform them one year in advance if you are going to quit the job.
Reply With Quote
  #119 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered - Ms View Post
Successful candidates will be given a 3-year contract.
Is it a must to complete the 3 year contract given?

If there any terms and condition that need to be fulfill if one is unable to complete the 3 year and quit in between the period of time?

I was being told by a friend who is a CM that you will need to inform them one year in advance if you are going to quit the job.
Why dun you call the administrator directly, surely this is much better than random posting online?

I wouldnn't be surprise if they make it hard for people to resign. The turnover is so atrocious over there that most people are likely to quit in less than a year.

Honestly you dun seem like you really have passion in grassroots and community service, if you are just signing on because they are the first to offer you, my advice is reject and move on. People who have no interest and just treat this like a normal job will burn out in a few months from the daily abuse and long hours.
Reply With Quote
  #120 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

PA is hiring. How much does a deputy director earn?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Manager felzus Income and Jobs 14 06-01-2017 06:17 PM
Need advice from people from the Advertising Industry! Mainly copywriters.. rodrodrod Income and Jobs 61 30-08-2016 02:28 PM
Corp Comms and PR people pls come in jaydon84 Income and Jobs 69 11-07-2016 09:58 PM
Do employment agencies hire people full time to be outsourced to another company? Hector Income and Jobs 2 20-01-2011 05:02 PM
How many people made 6-figure salaries last year? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 23-09-2008 04:41 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,517 Replies, 1,004,355 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,725 Replies, 3,176,310 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,103 Replies, 3,887,102 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,051 Replies, 282,369 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
363 Replies, 125,528 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,899 Replies, 6,030,227 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 17,577 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,672 Replies, 1,372,167 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
425 Replies, 277,463 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,801 Replies, 1,181,396 Views
HSBC Graduate Programme 2021 ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 3,291 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,959 Replies, 1,815,302 Views
singapore Pools
1 Replies, 3,683 Views
advice pls
4 Replies, 230 Views
SEA Limited
3 Replies, 683 Views
Volunteering as a civil/public...
0 Replies, 166 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,053 Replies, 834,686 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
147 Replies, 54,804 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,460 Replies, 2,050,910 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 56,874 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 36,943 Views
Bunker trader ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 24,381 Views
How much does a typical FP&A... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 2,325 Views
Civil Service Bonus 2020 Year End
2 Replies, 412 Views
Any advice for a final year...
3 Replies, 3,570 Views
Advice for a troubled Designer ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 4,855 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 20,780 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 3,971 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2