Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Constituency Manager (People Association) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1466-constituency-manager-people-association.html)

Unregistered 17-04-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35864)
Hi Kind brothers and sisters out there,

I have 3 enquiries and hope some kind soul can shed some light to my 3 questions below. Thanks alot.

1) Just thinking whether does PA require the Candidate to do a Medical Examination ( Health Checkup) before they decide to recruit the Candidate ?

2) I have been Shortlisted for Interview with People Association for the position of Constituency Manager at Year 2009. I have attended the first Interview but was not being shortlisted for the 2nd interview. I am still very interested in this position of Constituency Manager and thus wish to Apply for this position as a CM again Now in year 2013.
Just thinking whether my Chances of being shortlisted for an Interview again in year 2013 is High Or Not as I have been Rejected once by PA in year 2009 ?

3) Do People Association Do Reference Checks (eg calling Ex-Employers) before they decide to recruit the Candidate ?

Hope to hear from you all soon. Thanks alot for yr information and help :)

1) Yes

2) Dun think they care, turnover is so high they are always hiring anyway. But I advice you better reconsider, you are already got like 4-5 yrs exp elsewhere, why want to downgrade yourself to do a entry exec job?

3) Depend on heng suay, but nowadays because shortage of manpower sometimes they just go through motion and dun really care.

Unregistered 18-04-2013 10:26 AM

Still Interested As A Constituency Manager in People Association

Hi kind soul,

Thanks alot for answering my 3 questions. thanks alot for your Information :)

By the way, heard that People Association do have Written Test during Recruitment (probably in the 2nd round of Interview which I have Not been Shortlisted for 2nd Interview before in Year 2009). Any idea What is the Topic and what will be Tested in the Written Test ?

Hope someone kindly provide me with the Information as to my above Enquiry. Thanks alot for yr help :)

Celeste 18-04-2013 11:47 AM

My friend who is in PA commands a salary of > $4K leh (worked for abt 3 yrs plus). How come the salary u all post so different one ah....

Unregistered 18-04-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35896)
Hi kind soul,

Thanks alot for answering my 3 questions. thanks alot for your Information :)

By the way, heard that People Association do have Written Test during Recruitment (probably in the 2nd round of Interview which I have Not been Shortlisted for 2nd Interview before in Year 2009). Any idea What is the Topic and what will be Tested in the Written Test ?

Hope someone kindly provide me with the Information as to my above Enquiry. Thanks alot for yr help :)

why want to start from zero as CM again? ur better off applying for some other ministry or statboard job as Assistant Director with relevant exp

Unregistered 21-04-2013 09:25 AM

This job no simple. Go in easy go out difficult. Nowadays they looking for fresh graduates instead of experienced because they are cheaper to hire. Also if your DCD/CD happen to be demanding you will find yourself in the office everyday...busy until no time to resign...

Unregistered 21-04-2013 09:29 AM

The written test about how you handle demanding residents.
You might be asked to role play during interview. They will ask you about your CS experiences and real examples.

The person sitting in the middle is your future boss.

Unregistered 21-04-2013 01:17 PM

give u a big title and make sure hard for u to find jobs next time...so where u go?

Unregistered 23-04-2013 12:47 PM

Hi ,

Thanks alot for your Inputs about the Written Test on the Recruitment for Constituency Manager for People Association :)

Really Appreciate that :)

Yours sincerely,

Unregistered 02-06-2013 02:53 AM

Think thrice before enter this job. Really nowhere to go afterwards unless you suck thumb get lower rank, lower pay or even from scratch. If you worked for less than a year then don't even put in your resume. For your own good.

Unregistered 04-06-2013 12:21 PM

A lot of sad cases of ppl joining PA only to regret a few years later but no experience to join other industries.

There is a big difference between liking CCA / social activities casually as a hobby and actually doing the shiit everyday 24/7 as a job. Most outdoor extrovert make the mistake that just because they like to participate in this kind of thing means they can do it everyday for the next 40 years. By then already too late and waste precious time and hard to rebuild career after that.

Think twice.