technical role in pharmaceutical company or clinical research associate - advice pls - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

technical role in pharmaceutical company or clinical research associate - advice pls

Old 12-02-2015, 11:17 PM

fruiti is on a distinguished road
Default technical role in pharmaceutical company or clinical research associate - advice pls

Hey people,

Is anyone working as clinical research associate or technical role in pharmaceutical industry could provide valuable advice on which jobs would be better in terms of :

-salary
-career advancement
-working life

I am a life science graduate and considering whether whether to join pharmaceutical company as (QA/ manufacturing biotechnologist) or as clinical research associate. as both jobs leading to different future, thus, i am considering as which one will have better prospect

Old 13-02-2015, 12:23 AM

aGuy is on a distinguished road

I believe you are referring to biopharmaceutical company.

Be prepare to work rotating shift (day/night) if you are doing manufacturing.

As for career progression, you would be taking on supervisory role in manufacturing in the future.

Old 13-02-2015, 02:47 AM

Is it bad to work for shift? There are allowance for shift and isn't that one's will receive higher pay?

Could you share like the advantages and disadvantages working in manufacturing departments?

Old 14-02-2015, 09:05 AM
aGuy-

Haha nothing bad to work in shift, except that you would require to have discipline to sleep for the rotating adjustment.

Advantages:

- Allowances (Transport, shift, OT)
- Generally, you don't have to bring any work home
- Biopharma is a relatively safe environment as compared to O&G and Chemical

Disadvantages:

- Rotating shift (You need to adjust properly or this would become a health hazard)
- Job might be mundane when you had worked long enough (Manufacturing = Routine work)
- Career progression: Even as supervisor, you would also need to work shift. Not many people would be able to climb to supervisor, it really depends.
- Cleanroom environment (Gowning)

Of course, it is not that you would need to stay in Manufacturing forever. You could have the options to switch department such as:

- QA
- Validation
- Technical Services
- And more..

Biopharma requires their employees to follow GMP and GDP.

Anyway, I would recommend you to look at BOOST program (Google BOOST EDB, click the first link)

I am helping you because this are the information I hope someone would provide to me before I joined this industry. =D
Old 14-02-2015, 09:29 PM

Hey aGuy,

Thanks for your information. Is BOOST program the only entry path for joining biopharma company?

Since you are in this industry, could you share like among the manufacutring, QA, validation, which one is better?

Is this kind of job more versatile? I have heard from the other people saying its better to take up clinical research associate job as once one's have around 5+ years experience, the person can work freelance. But, I am quite blur of the solid ideas.

let's if someone from QA, manufacutring or validation one day decided to quite biopharma company, what else can the person do?
Old 23-11-2018, 05:42 PM

vaibhavkapoor is on a distinguished road

he there, I have experience with clinical research and want to share the primary function of a clinical research which is associate is to monitor clinical trials.
The CRA may work specifically with the sponsor company of a clinical trial, as an independent freelancer or for a contract research organization (CRO).
A clinical research associate ensures compliance with the clinical trial protocol, checks clinical site activities, makes on-site visits, reviews case report forms (CRFs), and communicates with clinical research coordinators.
Clinical research associates also assure the protection of the rights, safety and well being of human study subjects.
Additionally, a CRA must make certain that the scientific integrity of the data collected is protected and verified and assure that adverse events are correctly documented and reported.

A CRA is normally required to possess an scholastic degree in Life Sciences and needs to have a decent learning of good clinical practice and local regulations.

Old 17-06-2020, 12:47 PM
JituSingh40

Default Clinical Research

Thank you for your help. I'm looking for something like that

[url=s://saytooloud.com/career-guidance/online-funded-professional-clinical-research-training-program/]Online Clinical Research Training Program[/
Old 31-08-2020, 07:19 PM

jivikakorde is on a distinguished road
Post Clinical Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by JituSingh40 View Post
Thank you for your help. I'm looking for something like that

[url=s://saytooloud.com/career-guidance/online-funded-professional-clinical-research-training-program/]Online Clinical Research Training Program[/
Clinical Research is a branch of healthcare sciences. It refers to all kinds of research carried that are carried out on healthy or sick individuals. Also, it focuses on getting more information of deadly diseases. Moreover, the industry discovers new treatments for these illnesses. Furthermore, it also aims to find new cures for illnesses such as cancer and diabetes. With new drugs and devices, professionals will be able to improve the health of patients.
Old 17-09-2020, 07:34 PM

divyashetty is on a distinguished road
Post Clinical Researcher

Hello everyone ,
I am clinical research associate from last few years,so I am sharing primary function of a clinical research.
Clinical research is a branch of healthcare sciences in which research is conducted to understand health and diseases in human beings. In addition to this, it also finds better ways of detecting, preventing, diagnosing, and treating illnesses. Along with that, clinical research defines numerous elements of scientific investigation. To put it simply, it comprises of human participants and helps convert basic research conducted in laboratories into novel treatments and data which can be used to benefit patients. Besides clinical trials, research in epidemiology, physiology and pathophysiology, health services, education, outcomes, and mental health all come under the umbrella of clinical research.

Divya Shetty
Online Clinical Research Courses
Old 13-03-2021, 01:15 PM
prorelix12

Default Training and placements

Prorelix education is one of the best training institutes for management, life sciences, other healthcare-related training organizations in India. We are offering various growth hacking courses in pharmacovigilance, ICH-GCP, CDM, medical writing, and regulatory affairs. Along with that we are also offering training and placement assistance to all our students and help them to grab an opportunity in the clinical research industry. If you want to know more about our educational platform, courses, and placement assistance then please visit us at .prorelix.com, Thank you!