Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Official 2022 Retrechment thread (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/14655-official-2022-retrechment-thread.html)

Unregistered 24-06-2022 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223213)
While your observation is not wrong, it's understandable for youngsters and fresh grads to be lured in by the consumer-facing tech and software companies. Between boring ol' IBM or SAP or Oracle vs Netflix or Shopee or Bytedance, which sounds more exciting to the typical Gen Z? These guys have grown up on consuming entertainment on iPads.

Plus, youngsters still have the energy to tahan the unreasonable 996 work culture. Especially with videos and Tiktoks glamorizing the 996 work culture and 'cool frat boy / frat girl' environment, it's easy for fresh grads to get lured in. It's only when they're slightly older and wanna start families then they decide on a more relaxed corporate culture.

completely wrong.

IBM dont hire fresh grads because most of them are hot garbage and the ones that are talented and good wont even go to a company like IBM when they can go FAANG.

you're using some weird ancdeotal evidence like "starting family" and some baseless info from tiktoks saying 996 lol, you seem like the typical moron who falls for ******** influencer nonsense.

here are some facts

shopee mass hires NTU / NUS kids, on their career portal, there's a specific JD that provides at least 100+ vacancies. every quarter they send some representative to also head-hunt CS NTU and NUS kids.

it only make sense that they would go to shopee since they are more open to hiring.

Unregistered 24-06-2022 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223219)
completely wrong.

IBM dont hire fresh grads because most of them are hot garbage and the ones that are talented and good wont even go to a company like IBM when they can go FAANG.

you're using some weird ancdeotal evidence like "starting family" and some baseless info from tiktoks saying 996 lol, you seem like the typical moron who falls for ******** influencer nonsense.

here are some facts

shopee mass hires NTU / NUS kids, on their career portal, there's a specific JD that provides at least 100+ vacancies. every quarter they send some representative to also head-hunt CS NTU and NUS kids.

it only make sense that they would go to shopee since they are more open to hiring.

Everything you wrote supports the reasons that OP listed as to why fresh grads tend to go to places like Shopee. Apart from the unwarranted besmirching of "most" fresh grads as "hot garbage", which says more about you than anything.

Who is the moron here I wonder?

Unregistered 24-06-2022 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223219)
completely wrong.

here are some facts

agreed

shopee mass hire, anyhow pay fresh grad 8-10k lol crazy, confirm not sustainable one la no wonder layoff so many people

2 sems ago they come to my uni also, ask us want be PM or not, then they invite some PM guy who keep flexing his money LOL like big fk, say shopee is so prestigious like that in the end all my friends i know who went shopee kenna lay off already last month

Unregistered 24-06-2022 05:31 PM

Heard all the crypto firms cutting left and right…

Unregistered 24-06-2022 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223213)
While your observation is not wrong, it's understandable for youngsters and fresh grads to be lured in by the consumer-facing tech and software companies. Between boring ol' IBM or SAP or Oracle vs Netflix or Shopee or Bytedance, which sounds more exciting to the typical Gen Z? These guys have grown up on consuming entertainment on iPads.

Plus, youngsters still have the energy to tahan the unreasonable 996 work culture. Especially with videos and Tiktoks glamorizing the 996 work culture and 'cool frat boy / frat girl' environment, it's easy for fresh grads to get lured in. It's only when they're slightly older and wanna start families then they decide on a more relaxed corporate culture.

you dont talk cock la , youngsters got energy to tahan 996 ? u must be a stupid boomer , nowadays genz only wan easy money u think they can tahan anything and work hard ? fk off la

Unregistered 24-06-2022 07:37 PM

Shopee loh, I thought they only hire 2nd upper and above? Got so smart people there still cannot?

Unregistered 24-06-2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223254)
agreed

shopee mass hire, anyhow pay fresh grad 8-10k lol crazy, confirm not sustainable one la no wonder layoff so many people

2 sems ago they come to my uni also, ask us want be PM or not, then they invite some PM guy who keep flexing his money LOL like big fk, say shopee is so prestigious like that in the end all my friends i know who went shopee kenna lay off already last month

feels good to hear arrogant shopee employees laid off

Unregistered 24-06-2022 09:02 PM

Quote:

agreed

lololol shopee pee pee

Unregistered 24-06-2022 10:16 PM

Quote:

agreed

actually where are the sources that shopee devs are being laid off in singapore? so far all hearsay rumors only. u sound like a jelly second lower who didnt manage to get in.

Unregistered 24-06-2022 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223260)
you dont talk cock la , youngsters got energy to tahan 996 ? u must be a stupid boomer , nowadays genz only wan easy money u think they can tahan anything and work hard ? fk off la

and you sound like a lazy bum.

there are actually young people who are strivers and want to chiong as much as they can in their 20s. rightly or wrongly. but it's still their life their choice.

not you obviously slacker.