Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Working Culture in IRAS (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1463-working-culture-iras.html)

Unregistered 16-07-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121520)
depending on if you are chio or ugly, big difference on starting pay.

This is nonsense.. please don't listen to the poster. The starting pay is standard, with slight variation due to NS or without, honors or not etc. Definitely nothing to do with looks.

Unregistered 16-07-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121511)
What are the post IRAS job prospects like?
Esp the local uni acc grads who went into IRAS straight after graduation

Got your CA, and after a few years of work with IRAS, do u all go to big 4 or enter into a tax department of an MNC?

There are very limited options to leave IRAS especially if the work is very tax specific as the nature of the work is very different from private sector. Rarely people go big 4 due to the lost of work-life balance and most private sector have a certain stigma on civil servants, it is quite difficult to find decent options. It's more common to do secondment to other ministries or stat boards.

Unregistered 18-07-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121695)
There are very limited options to leave IRAS especially if the work is very tax specific as the nature of the work is very different from private sector. Rarely people go big 4 due to the lost of work-life balance and most private sector have a certain stigma on civil servants, it is quite difficult to find decent options. It's more common to do secondment to other ministries or stat boards.

Have a friend working as an accountant in a stat board
Exiting from big 4 assurance
He’s eventually aiming for MOF

Is that usually the dream?

Unregistered 01-09-2020 12:44 PM

Tax Officer/Senior Tax Officer [Tax Service Delivery]

Any insiders can share insights for the tax service delivery job scope? Particularly on Contact Centre, seems interesting. Thank you.

Unregistered 01-09-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121686)
This is nonsense.. please don't listen to the poster. The starting pay is standard, with slight variation due to NS or without, honors or not etc. Definitely nothing to do with looks.

Starting pay is MX13?

Unregistered 22-09-2021 02:18 PM

Negative interview experience

Had a very negative interview experience with iras.

Instead of focusing on my job experience. The interviewer kept questioning why I choose to rejoin public sector after a few years. He question all my answer after I explained that I left public sector to join private sector to gain more experience as the previous role in public sector doesn't really focus in a particular area.

When I was speaking. Hr cut me off and said they had another candidate waiting when my interview time slot was 1hr. The interview has only been going for 25mins..

Unregistered 22-09-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183837)
Had a very negative interview experience with iras.

Instead of focusing on my job experience. The interviewer kept questioning why I choose to rejoin public sector after a few years. He question all my answer after I explained that I left public sector to join private sector to gain more experience as the previous role in public sector doesn't really focus in a particular area.

When I was speaking. Hr cut me off and said they had another candidate waiting when my interview time slot was 1hr. The interview has only been going for 25mins..

time to look for better places

Unregistered 03-11-2021 01:57 PM

anybody know what is the salary range for IS8,9,10?

Unregistered 16-01-2022 10:38 PM

Hi, does anyone know the starting salary for NTU fresh grad W FCH in accountancy? Thanks!

Unregistered 16-01-2022 10:46 PM

Hi is it possible to join IRAS without any background in tax?