Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIA Technical Services / Aerospace Industry (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1453-singapore-airlines-technical-services-aerospace-industry.html)

atsl88 01-08-2011 10:01 AM

SIA Technical Services / Aerospace Industry

Hi

Anyone out here from SIA Technical Services? I would like to know what's the starting pay like for someone with 2 upper honours? I am currently a 3 year aerospace engineering student in NTU; thinking of making a correct choice for IA.

In addition, perhaps someone can also advise me which part of the aerospace industry to get into (eg. MRO, or which company) for better prospect.

The banking industry is out for me as I am not cut for that.

Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 09-08-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsl88 (Post 14928)
Hi

Anyone out here from SIA Technical Services? I would like to know what's the starting pay like for someone with 2 upper honours? I am currently a 3 year aerospace engineering student in NTU; thinking of making a correct choice for IA.

In addition, perhaps someone can also advise me which part of the aerospace industry to get into (eg. MRO, or which company) for better prospect.

The banking industry is out for me as I am not cut for that.

Thanks in advance!

only join this dept if you like to 24hrs standby or on duty to solve aircraft issues with various parties aka the airlines, oem, engineers....+ alot more..

better to join fleet management or other dept....

my 2 cent worth.

pay wise should be 2.8-3k with NS for 2nd upper.

--------------------------------------------------------------

atsl88 07-06-2012 07:20 AM

Time flies... Ha ha... One year since I posted the above. Just like to check how's the aviation industry like now. How's the pay for a Technical Services Engineer? Any changes to the 2.8-3k starting for second upper?

Also came to know that ST Aero Technical Services pays well. Anyone care to advise on that?

Thanks!

Unregistered 07-06-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsl88 (Post 25514)
Time flies... Ha ha... One year since I posted the above. Just like to check how's the aviation industry like now. How's the pay for a Technical Services Engineer? Any changes to the 2.8-3k starting for second upper?

Also came to know that ST Aero Technical Services pays well. Anyone care to advise on that?

Thanks!

give out some tips;

back in 2007, 2 of my friend guy , 1 join SIAEC, another STaero, both 2 lower, both are just average performer for 3 years

their starting pay that time,

sia is 2.6k, after 3 years exp , getting $3850 inclusive 1 promotion
staero is 2.9k, after 3 years exp , getting $3500 inclusive 1 promotion

see the salary increment, you know what i mean ^_^.

now maybe both coy have raise their starting salary by 200-300 for all classes of degree.

Unregistered 10-01-2017 08:26 PM

Anyone knows whats the current pay for SIA technical service engineer for fresh grad with FCH?

Unregistered 15-01-2017 01:13 AM

Currently 2nd upper is about 3.2k

Unregistered 08-02-2017 12:03 AM

Hi, I would like to know is SIA technical service engineer in demand?

Unregistered 12-01-2021 12:49 AM

Starting Salary

Hi All,

Any kind soul can inform the starting pay and increment after no. of yrs of Exp. for Tech Services in Aero industry - Pre Covid.

SIT/UoG Degree, 2nd Upper.

Thank you!

Unregistered 12-01-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153193)
Hi All,

Any kind soul can inform the starting pay and increment after no. of yrs of Exp. for Tech Services in Aero industry - Pre Covid.

SIT/UoG Degree, 2nd Upper.

Thank you!

no more new hires at the moment

Unregistered 23-01-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153203)
no more new hires at the moment

yeah agreed, any chance you know the pay scale?