What are some good non-fang tech companies? - Page 4 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

What are some good non-fang tech companies?

Old 13-04-2022, 09:16 PM

csgrad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
then you wouldnt be impressed with HTX as it is a stat board i believe.

anyway, US tech firms are a solid choice but they are highly selective (and US tech firms are faang mostly)

if by "large sg banks" you mean DBS, OCBC and UOB then i can tell u to stay away from them unless u got about 5-8 years YOE and looking to aim for AVP role and above.

you can try JPM, MS, Goldman sachs etc. But again, keep in mind that these are not tech firms as they dont see tech as revenue generating (Quants excluded) although in most cases they do pay well.

Foodpanda, carousell, gojek, grab are pretty good from what i hear, but again, can you be sure these names are renowned in the US? since that appears to be one of ur concerns.
Hey man not sure if you are still here but i wanted to say thank you again, I've gotten quite a few interviews (paypal, visa, a few crypto companies as well, etc )

sadly for the rest, i've heard nothing back after online test or phone calls... tried JPM, heard nothing, same for MS and GS tough competitive I guess... anyway I'm quite confident about the few interviews that i got but nonetheless, i'm still looking around for more.

Seems to me like the market is really hot right now for tech. Such a shame for the banks tho... i really wanted a chance. I heard of ntu / nus people getting 5.8k base for JP Morgan... god I hope I can get 5k+ as well.

Old 13-04-2022, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgrad View Post
Hey man not sure if you are still here but i wanted to say thank you again, I've gotten quite a few interviews (paypal, visa, a few crypto companies as well, etc )

sadly for the rest, i've heard nothing back after online test or phone calls... tried JPM, heard nothing, same for MS and GS tough competitive I guess... anyway I'm quite confident about the few interviews that i got but nonetheless, i'm still looking around for more.

Seems to me like the market is really hot right now for tech. Such a shame for the banks tho... i really wanted a chance. I heard of ntu / nus people getting 5.8k base for JP Morgan... god I hope I can get 5k+ as well.
Why would you wanna work in a bank for tech role…its better to work in a fintech or tech company

Old 14-04-2022, 03:25 AM
Verified Member

shootingmen is on a distinguished road

Quote:

There are other investment banks that pay much better for SWE. I was offered 7-8k range for another investment bank as a fresh graduate.

Old 15-04-2022, 01:12 PM

csgrad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingmen View Post
There are other investment banks that pay much better for SWE. I was offered 7-8k range for another investment bank as a fresh graduate.
7-8k?? damn!!

did you take it in the end? or you got another offer for much higher?
Old 15-04-2022, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
7-8k?? damn!!

did you take it in the end? or you got another offer for much higher?
fired for being inable to deliver
Old 15-04-2022, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

hey man, no worries! glad to hear you are getting the interviews you want and moving forward! ive also just received an invite to a crypto company for their assessment center. maybe its the same one?

ahhh rack up a few more YoE and give them a compelling story and make them an offer they cant refuse.

yes boom for tech and the wider market in general is smth ive never seen before till now. honestly dont feel too bad, i think banking tech and tech tech is quite diff (altho with good overlap) and im personally not too interested in BO in banks. if you are worried about comp, stick to big tech better tbh.

dont settle for less than 5. that is alr market average or below, and if they dont want you, someone else will for sure. i alr received 3 offers within 6 months and im not even that gud lol. not tryna flex but you can do it mate.

Old 16-04-2022, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hey man, no worries! glad to hear you are getting the interviews you want and moving forward! ive also just received an invite to a crypto company for their assessment center. maybe its the same one?

ahhh rack up a few more YoE and give them a compelling story and make them an offer they cant refuse.

yes boom for tech and the wider market in general is smth ive never seen before till now. honestly dont feel too bad, i think banking tech and tech tech is quite diff (altho with good overlap) and im personally not too interested in BO in banks. if you are worried about comp, stick to big tech better tbh.

dont settle for less than 5. that is alr market average or below, and if they dont want you, someone else will for sure. i alr received 3 offers within 6 months and im not even that gud lol. not tryna flex but you can do it mate.
mind to share what is the 3 company offer you got and how much they offer?
Old 17-04-2022, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
mind to share what is the 3 company offer you got and how much they offer?
abit sensitive to disclose but i will say 1 is a GLC 1 is Public sector and the other is private company. each one progressively more annual comp than the other.
Old 17-04-2022, 01:53 AM
Verified Member

shootingmen is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Any thoughts on bank tech(example Credit Suisse) vs tech tech (Example Grab)? For fresh grad.
Old 17-04-2022, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingmen View Post
Any thoughts on bank tech(example Credit Suisse) vs tech tech (Example Grab)? For fresh grad.
its better to join tech tech because u are treated as profit generating and more well respected. In banks, u are just a cost center