Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Please advise on my career path plan (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1451-please-advise-my-career-path-plan.html)

Liverpool 01-08-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seablue (Post 14923)
Yea, I know that MBA does not guarantee $7k, i read up a lot of masters with $3k+ in this forum too...

But i thought that if i have a 2 years of experience at a managerial level in a regional company, coupled with MBA (albeit not a listed company). I might have a chance to get a managerial position in a SME, which is probably about $7k? Please correct me if i am wrong.

Of course, I am not yet a manager yet in my company, but i am rather confident in doing so, so please advise base on the above scenario.

there is no SME that pays u $7k a mth, unless u r the SME boss or u damn zai and bring in more than $7k worth of business a mth.

assuming u are going corporate route and want to be middle management, MNC always pay more, sad to say u will always lag in terms of qualifications to others who graduated from good local unis.

find ur niche, dun compare apples to apples, and in your case, degree to degree or mba to mba with those from good schools, because you will always lose out.

Unregistered 01-08-2011 11:11 PM

I personally think he should not even be considering MBA at this point.

Unregistered 08-08-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seablue (Post 14923)
Yea, I know that MBA does not guarantee $7k, i read up a lot of masters with $3k+ in this forum too...

But i thought that if i have a 2 years of experience at a managerial level in a regional company, coupled with MBA (albeit not a listed company). I might have a chance to get a managerial position in a SME, which is probably about $7k? Please correct me if i am wrong.

Of course, I am not yet a manager yet in my company, but i am rather confident in doing so, so please advise base on the above scenario.

get a degree first (part-time) while holding your current job.
after that, try to aim for a Team Lead role and work your way up.

EQ, people, presentation, marketing skills are key to $7-8k/month.
It is good that u plan for your longer term (after 40) ... do note that there will be different challenges with those $7-8k/month job.

MBA ($40-80k) to be consider when u go to an environment where there is a need. eg. Mid-to-Top mgmt influence or networking for better opportunity

Unregistered 09-08-2011 12:51 AM

Simply, a manager position earning $7K to $8K will have ways to make his plans happen, not just wonder if it will possible or not.

So, the real question is: Do you have a way to make your plan happen?

Unregistered 06-08-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 15189)
Simply, a manager position earning $7K to $8K will have ways to make his plans happen, not just wonder if it will possible or not.

So, the real question is: Do you have a way to make your plan happen?

It's been 8 years....curious as to whether OP made it.

ongmeiyan 05-04-2020 11:37 AM

Old thread but curious to know what happened after 8 years...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122473)
It's been 8 years....curious as to whether OP made it.

Yes, I am wondering the same. Just curious whether he has achieved his goal?