Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Non-tech roles at tech firms (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/14440-non-tech-roles-tech-firms.html)

curiousboy 03-03-2022 01:54 PM

Non-tech roles at tech firms

was unable to find any relevant threads on non-tech roles at tech firms.

I am creating this thread to ask about growth/exit opportunities for big tech firms (MANGA+Microsoft) in a sales role as a fresh grad

Feel free to talk about other tech firms (shopee, grab, etc)

Unregistered 03-03-2022 05:51 PM

What exactly are you asking here? like what?

Exit opportunities for BIG TECH FIRMS?

You want to EXIT big tech firms and go into small companies? Is that what you're saying?

Unregistered 03-03-2022 09:22 PM

simi is MANGA

Unregistered 03-03-2022 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206073)
simi is MANGA

Hentai lor bro

Unregistered 03-03-2022 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206073)
simi is MANGA

MAMAA la

no more FAANG

Unregistered 03-03-2022 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curiousboy (Post 206002)
was unable to find any relevant threads on non-tech roles at tech firms.

I am creating this thread to ask about growth/exit opportunities for big tech firms (MANGA+Microsoft) in a sales role as a fresh grad

Feel free to talk about other tech firms (shopee, grab, etc)

I'll try to input something useful here, but disclaimer as this is not first hand experience as I'm doing a technical role.

Working in big tech has a certain prestige associated with the brand name, which is most certainly important when considering exit opportunities. Progression is definitely good, but also expect it to be very competitive. Due to the scale of the company, you can get to be a part of very large projects, which adds to both growth and exit opp considerations.

Each company has its own culture, of course. Some tend to be more cut-throat, and others more employee-centric. YMMV

Unregistered 04-03-2022 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206103)
I'll try to input something useful here, but disclaimer as this is not first hand experience as I'm doing a technical role.

Working in big tech has a certain prestige associated with the brand name, which is most certainly important when considering exit opportunities. Progression is definitely good, but also expect it to be very competitive. Due to the scale of the company, you can get to be a part of very large projects, which adds to both growth and exit opp considerations.

Each company has its own culture, of course. Some tend to be more cut-throat, and others more employee-centric. YMMV

if you're doing a technical role then your post is entirely fking useless...

use your brain. you're giving the same generic cookie cutter response,

"
big tech = prestige = good brand = good progress!
not all companies the same!

"

wtf... and the sky is blue and today is a weekday. wow good info bro

Unregistered 04-03-2022 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206108)
if you're doing a technical role then your post is entirely fking useless...

use your brain. you're giving the same generic cookie cutter response,

"
big tech = prestige = good brand = good progress!
not all companies the same!

"

wtf... and the sky is blue and today is a weekday. wow good info bro

Why so much angst lol. I know quite a few people in the commercial side. OP didn't ask for any specifics, so this is the generic answer I've got.

curiousboy 04-03-2022 09:05 AM

Quote:

I see, do you know about the growth opp for like say b2b sales role? From what I understand its not as much because you are constantly hitting kpi and doing the same thing over and over again. The reason why I say this is because I went to LinkedIn search ppl in the same said role (sales) and saw them being stuck for like 2-3years. Was wondering whats the average promotion rate?

Also, thanks so much for the reply, appreciate it. Its the more constructive ones compared to the rest haha. Ignore the trolls as well

Unregistered 04-03-2022 09:19 AM

Quote:

I agree with this, also ignore the trolls.

Big tech companies that are in the billion dollar revenues have the best prestige, work-life balance and career progression. They will continue to grow as COVID continues to rave on too and even if there wasn't any COVID, more and more people are starting to use the internet.

More internet users = more technology users = all tech companies, especially the popular ones will keep going up. A quick way to tell is by looking at their stock trends, those that continuously improve throughout the years will always be #1. Those that stagnate or starts dipping are the ones to avoid.

But yes expect tough competition, everyone wants to be in the tech industry now, tech or non-tech role.